Solos and Duos

by KingKermit88

Original Post

Re: Solos and Duos

Champion

@Vladplaya wrote:

Let's not be a drama queen here. Nobody is asking to change entire concept of anything. If they add solo, people who want to play solo will enjoy that experience, while people who like the game as it is now, will keep playing with squads. The only thing that will happen is that a lot more people will be happy. If you don't want to play solo mode, then don't play it, it will have no impact on your experience with the game.

It may seem like a very simple thing to do but solo's is actually a very different dynamic, especially in this game. The devs need to focus on other things like their servers and bug fixes and routing cheaters, not to mention keeping a regular stream of content coming into the game.

Would adding solo's be fun? Sure! It just shouldn't become the new meta, so it could work as a time limited mode like Apex Elite, who knows? Apex Squads will always be the main deal though.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 11 of 27 (559 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I like the squad based elements

But the community is too autistic to actually play with other people ruining every goddamn match I'm trying to play. 

So I condone the support for solo queues. 

I won't sink any moneyi n to the game untill it's in. 
For the absolute * fact that every goddamn team mate I get runs off on his/her own every goddamn time thinking he/she gets to make the shots while being utterly 100% trash at the game is jut sickening. 

And also people IMMEDIATELY ALWAYS OPENING UP FIRE when they see a freaking enemy. 

IT"S A BR ! NOT A FRAGGER! It's not Unreal Tournament, IT's not call of duty Free-For-All. 
IT'S ABOUT LASTING UNTIL THE END. 

Making 10 kills and still losing, is you still being a loser. 

Some 1 making 1 kill and actually winning the match, will be the superior player. 
Use you freaking heads!

Message 12 of 27 (535 Views)

★ Guide

Solo and duos would def help the game . I mean 3s are fun ... when you have 2 friends online to play with . I love this game but I refuse to play it without at least 1 friend . The randoms on this game are horrible 99% of the time and it just isn't fun to play . 

It gets old really fast when ...

-randoms solo drop across the map 

die and spam there banner non stop 

-random start looting boxes mid fight (and I dont mean to swap armor real quick I mean straight shopping)

-random run head first into a gun fight with out the team or starts another fight while our team is still healing up 

Ect . This makes is so me and my buddy go into party chat and play it like a duo +1 game because there aren't ganna do anything anyway . I mean I have countless games were me and my buddy have 1500 - 2000 dam and the random has less then 300 dam . I know many others do this as well . I'll run a game or 2 waiting for my buddy and when I get 2 randoms that are decent u can tell how there playing that they are in a party chat playing it like a duo +1 .

Message 13 of 27 (514 Views)

Champion

I'm not against the idea of solo's or duo's but i think cabowse has hit the nail on the head frankly.

This game needs fixing before anymore major updates are implemented. The game isn't currently losing its player base but another month or two of leaf codes,bugs and various other annoyances and we will see a decline.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 14 of 27 (509 Views)

★★ Novice

Listen everyone, I understand that everyone that'll comment here, past as well as future will all have their own opinions. That's exactly what my original post was, and opinion. You may or may not agree with it that's fine. I am a huge fan of Apex Legends and love what the developers at Respawn are doing with the limited time solos event (plus that Bloodhound skin is soooo cool). Also, a few people replied saying that Apex is a team game and should remain that way, and anyone who disagrees should go back to Fortnite, I personally have never cared for Fortnite, in fact I personally hate it. That's great that you want Apex to remain a team only game, were all allowed different opinions and many players don't agree with that sentiment. I did read however that Respawn is testing how great a fit solos will be in the game, with this limited time event dropping August 13th. Who knows, they may make it permanent. I (this is an opinion) would love for solos to become a permanent game mode in Apex. I do understand however that it may be unfair to some players because a new meta would form in solos, making certain Legends better than others. In my opinion I think you'd see a growing number of sniping Pathfinders in a solo mode, but that's just me. I may grow to hate solos, but for the time being I'm really excited to try it out.

Message 15 of 27 (465 Views)

★★ Novice
@SwtHrtMrc I have an opinion, you have an opinion, this is an area to leave feedback, if you don't like my feedback to the developers, start a topic leaving your own feedback. Besides, if they added a solo queue, they would in no way be changing their "entire concept", they would merely be giving a large portion of their fan base what they want. So, those who don't want to play solos or duos can happily enjoy their squads. I understand where you are coming from though, there could be many unforeseen consequences to adding solos and duos to Apex.
Message 16 of 27 (463 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@KingKermit88 There likely will be some unforseen consequences, both in gameplay and public opinion, but at least it’s ‘progress’. Stagnating by way of not trying new things is what makes a game stale and obsolete in the worst sense of the word
Message 17 of 27 (434 Views)

★ Guide

Respawn totally did the right thing by making it a limited time event- I'm actually really glad that we'll be able to test it out and see how it goes. I'm hoping it goes well, believe me! I would love for *everyone* to be happy, however, I think we are all foreseeing the problem of there just being Pathfinders and Wraiths etc, etc. - but we shall see.

Message 18 of 27 (405 Views)

★★ Expert

@Tamyndris 

" on the line"

Makes me laugh every time!

Heart

Message 19 of 27 (390 Views)

★★ Pro

The biggest issue in my region is that ranked games barely pop anyway because they didn't seed the brackets at the start, this gives the impression of 'dying game' etc.  And right before the new CoD releases : they decide to actually split the playerbase :/  In OCE this could EASILY be the thing that kills Apex.

Message 20 of 27 (384 Views)