Solos and Duos

by KingKermit88

Original Post

Solos and Duos

★★ Novice

I heard that Respawn might be adding a no fill setting, which is almost a complete waste of time. Yeah I get it the randoms you get on your squad are mostly terrible, but just adding an option to go in as a solo or duo against a squad is a farcry from what this game needs. The community has been patiently asking for solo and duo modes. Just implement it already. Apex's approval rating would definitely increase, and you could settle an increasingly restless community. I for one grow increasingly frustrated with randoms, I just want to que up with other solos. Respawn keeps exhausting the same crap excuse about how Apex is a team game. How's that working out for you EA/Respawn? You are losing players and hype, give the people what they want. Heck, just add solos, duos, and The Ultimate Team mode (10 squad of 6) if you want a real team based mode. I personally have been playing since day 1, but enough is enough.

Message 1 of 27 (2,145 Views)

Re: Solos and Duos

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

People keep saying that they are losing their player base, but I see no proof of that. If anything, it has been increasing since the start of season 2. This game was not made for Solo's, and duo's would be pointless. You may not like the reason but that doesn't make it any less valid. It is a team game, hands down. You don't need any other reason. If you don't like it, then go play fartnite or pubg, something that does have solo's. 

And no, they are not adding a "no fill" option. 

Message 2 of 27 (2,069 Views)

★ Guide

This game was created for squads of 3. It is even portrayed in all the trailers. You're asking a game to change it's entire concept so you'll enjoy it more.

..If "enough is enough" , just stop playing Apex, and go play a game where you can solo queue.

This isn't directed to you specifically, but to everyone that puts the game down because of "no solo mode".

Message 3 of 27 (2,064 Views)

★★★ Guide

It's why this game is on the decline I think. They targeted it at an audience that is the minority, people running in premades. I don't think ranked has done anything to alleviate the feeling that your team of randoms are not on the same level as you, from skill to their method of playing, I still feel like I'm playing with idiots and that's because I am playing with idiot for the most part, because the ranked/matchmaking system is bogus.

I know so many people who didn't even want to try this game because of being forced to team up with other players, I imagine a lot of people have also quit since there doesn't seem to be any plan to put game modes in place. Respawn backed the wrong horse along with a lot of other bad decisions and it's why this game is on the decline.

It will be funny when Classic WOW comes out and all the dedicated Apex streamers quit this game.. this games popularity will plummet even further at that point I reckon.

Message 4 of 27 (2,053 Views)

★ Guide

From my point of view, the whole sense of playing an online game with lots of different people on the line, is to come together with lots of different people. From all around the globe, in the case of Apex. I love the randomized aspect of it. Also, when my (random) mates do things I find stupid. 

Now, what makes a match a good or a bad one? What are our expectations? Why is THE RANDOMS your source of frustrations, what do they do to you or your game, I wonder. Do you NEED to win or reach top 3 to feel good? Are you content with getting 15th as long as you had good shoot outs with your skills being where they belong for that time? Is every questionable teammate's move cause for you to tilt? Do randoms please you that stick with you, follow your lead, respond to your pings, maybe leave the better gear for you (because they see that you will be able to make more of it than they themselves), ...?

Message 5 of 27 (2,038 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@KingKermit88  If there were two more queues going at once (duo and solo) thousands at a time; I could see the issue of delayed queues for Squads. Please consider that they wish they could fulfill your hearts' desires right now but can only do so much, time and a place Angel

I really want to tryout these modes too, but there are greater issues. And if you sat and thought it through, Squads are way better than Duos or Solos on their own. Basically; if you had to choose- would you rather have Squads, Duos, or Solos?

I'd take squads all day Thumbs up To address your suggestion- just add all sorts of modes; it is a great one, think we gotta put a pin in it for the future tho

Message 6 of 27 (2,016 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SwtHrtMrc wrote:

This game was created for squads of 3. It is even portrayed in all the trailers. You're asking a game to change it's entire concept so you'll enjoy it more.

Let's not be a drama queen here. Nobody is asking to change entire concept of anything. If they add solo, people who want to play solo will enjoy that experience, while people who like the game as it is now, will keep playing with squads. The only thing that will happen is that a lot more people will be happy. If you don't want to play solo mode, then don't play it, it will have no impact on your experience with the game.

I am not sure if Respawn thought they were clever making a Battle Royale game that forces you to play with squad, but in reality it was legitly bad decision. It's sad that they are still acting like it's good for the game instead of just adding solo and making tons of the players happy. Hopefully they will come around sooner than later.

Message 7 of 27 (2,002 Views)

★★ Guide

So short and simple here

No, they have no actual plans to add solo/duo this has been said on multiple occasions and different posts. Could it still happen? I mean sure anything can. But even now the ranked que's sometimes get a tad long (mostly super late night obviously) splitting up the entire player base would be awful for the que's and ruin the game because solo's they would have to edit the map or make respawns non-functional or delete them from the map which in itself is crap tons of work. 

The only NEW mode that has been RUMORED as of late is going to be a PVE. Which hopefully that's true and I also heard it might be a horde mode which for this game would be so damn badass. I much prefer that to happen before solo's or duo's plus I love having random monkeys on my team sometimes cause they say dumb crap makes me die of laughter and sometimes you gotta step back and just laugh at the plays they make. 

Also if your squad mates are the source of your frustration I recommend hoping on the discord server for Apex and just joining a squad ranked or casual. Always people there looking and they are super chill. That way you'll find a group to squad with even if you only have 2 hours a day to play. You can literally find one instantly upon going to that discord.

Message 8 of 27 (1,997 Views)

★★★ Guide
@VisualfEX yup is better find a squad to play, but the main problem is that people sometimes can't play when you are ON.

when you add it is all fun and nice but when the next day comes is a goodbye
Message 9 of 27 (1,984 Views)

★ Apprentice

For all fanbois out there i wanna remind there is no "team" in "Battle Royal" ... The last man standing? Remember? So please when addressing apex refer to it as "Holding Hands Royal" Soo, whenever you guys learn to aim we can wait..

Message 10 of 27 (1,962 Views)