Re: Solo mode

by Nobrainster

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Solo mode

★★ Novice

hello, can you clarify why you won't make it in apex solo forever? there are a lot of people who prefer to play on their own than in the team. Sorry my English is very bad.

Message 1 of 8 (1,686 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Jem450Rand apex can stay unique. nobody wants to abolish (is that the right word?) trios, we just want a solo mode in addition.

and NO, in my oppinion there are no other games i like, other BRs are too slow, and realistic, in dont want the building aspect, the grahpics from fortnite and and and.

apex has the perfect gameplay, graphics, mechanics, which i love but i get too frustrated playing with randoms/trios. i want to play solo and i think that apex will get a lot more polular if they add solos. even in my friendlist i have at least 20 friends who would come back to apex if they add solos. they wouldnt play solo the whole day, but they need solomode when you dont have friends online, when you just want to play 2quick rounds for daylis or whatsoever.

i cant play with randoms the whole day, thats destroying my whole gaming experience, and thats why i quit apex until solos come back. my controller would fly out of the window when i have teammates with under 50dmg while i do 1k+ in the finfth round in a row again. or starting alone in ranked, not even getting a teammate..i mean WTF. or people jumping off solo, and instant leave, getting toxic or hearing loud music without muting, so i have to mute them. how can people listen to loud music in ranked anyway? not even i could hear anything ingame (footsteps and not even shooting enemies)because my teammate was listening too music O.O

everybody should be able to enjoy apex the way he wants, at least with the most popular gamemodes other BRs have. there is NO reason why apex shouldnt have them (and no, "apex is designed as a teamgame" doesnt count because the solo limited time mode was the best event in apex for me), is you dont want to play it , DONT PLAY IT, but let other people have fun. and if you are afraid that all theese squads of randoms are no cannonfodder for your premade squad any more than you really should rethink your way of having fun

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (1,530 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@Nobrainster I would comment but I am not allowed. I would search the other solo threads and do the me too button.
Message 2 of 8 (1,669 Views)

★ Pro

Because the devolopers created and intended this game to be a team game. 

Message 3 of 8 (1,629 Views)

★★ Novice

That's how it would be for a large number of people. Random players can't play, so the team can only play for  friends. There should be a chance to play alone or with a team, so everyone chooses ...

Message 4 of 8 (1,592 Views)

★ Pro

@Nobrainster wrote:

That's how it would be for a large number of people. Random players can't play, so the team can only play for  friends. There should be a chance to play alone or with a team, so everyone chooses ...

One if the reasons i love apex is the team aspect. And how the legends work together with their abilities, its unique in that aspect. Its counter to what you see fit... but theres other games that do fit what your looking for!

Message 5 of 8 (1,583 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Jem450Rand apex can stay unique. nobody wants to abolish (is that the right word?) trios, we just want a solo mode in addition.

and NO, in my oppinion there are no other games i like, other BRs are too slow, and realistic, in dont want the building aspect, the grahpics from fortnite and and and.

apex has the perfect gameplay, graphics, mechanics, which i love but i get too frustrated playing with randoms/trios. i want to play solo and i think that apex will get a lot more polular if they add solos. even in my friendlist i have at least 20 friends who would come back to apex if they add solos. they wouldnt play solo the whole day, but they need solomode when you dont have friends online, when you just want to play 2quick rounds for daylis or whatsoever.

i cant play with randoms the whole day, thats destroying my whole gaming experience, and thats why i quit apex until solos come back. my controller would fly out of the window when i have teammates with under 50dmg while i do 1k+ in the finfth round in a row again. or starting alone in ranked, not even getting a teammate..i mean WTF. or people jumping off solo, and instant leave, getting toxic or hearing loud music without muting, so i have to mute them. how can people listen to loud music in ranked anyway? not even i could hear anything ingame (footsteps and not even shooting enemies)because my teammate was listening too music O.O

everybody should be able to enjoy apex the way he wants, at least with the most popular gamemodes other BRs have. there is NO reason why apex shouldnt have them (and no, "apex is designed as a teamgame" doesnt count because the solo limited time mode was the best event in apex for me), is you dont want to play it , DONT PLAY IT, but let other people have fun. and if you are afraid that all theese squads of randoms are no cannonfodder for your premade squad any more than you really should rethink your way of having fun

Message 6 of 8 (1,531 Views)

★★ Novice
Rastigani... I absolutely agree with every point you wrote ...

Message 7 of 8 (1,480 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There are a couple things with solo's that I would like to address after the video they posted on 4/7/20 and what they said about solo mode. 

First, they mentioned how much time and effort they put into the ping function of the game. I want to start of by saying that I think this is the best ping system any game has ever had, hands down. With that being said, just because the ping system becomes obsolete in solos, that doesn't take away from any other game mode that players will still play day in and day out. It's not like the ping system will be completely thrown away just because solo modes are added.  

They also mentioned that legends were created in a team aspect, therefore; they miss some abilities when playing in solo. 

Lets talk about the legends who will be greatly undervalued by solo games:

Life line: In solo modes lifeline goes from a top tier legend to a bottom tier legend due to the fact that her revive shield is useless. But lifeline will still be amazing in solos because she has the ability to heal her health, her care package is still valuable (maybe even more valuable since there won't be any greedy teammates to steal purple armor from you), and with the new bins she can still grab health items giving her an overall advantage against other legends on top of her faster heal time. 

Crypto: Crypto's abilities are based on team play, because he can scout out where enemies are. But he still has the ability to scout enemies for himself in solo's which can actually be really nice to have the ability to do.

Wattson: I feel like Wattson is the only other legend that has some utility taken away from her being in solos, but she will still be able to trap her self into a house in solos and do the exact same thing that she would do in trios or duos.

With the exception of those 3 legends, I think every single legend and their abilities transition perfectly into the solo arena. Bloodhound, Pathfinder, Gibralter, Octain, Caustic, Bangalor, Wraith, Revenant, Mirage, and Caustic all have abilities that are solo dominant. Sure they have nice contributions to a team atmosphere, but being with a team doesn't make their abilities any better. To go in further, when you think about bloodhound, Octain, Mirage, and Caustic, all of them have abilities that don't really help the team at all, those legends all have abilities for their own personal gain. Sure caustic can hold enemies off from your squad, but that hurts your teammates too by blocking their vision and disabling their ability to sprint. The only reason I didn't put Wraith, Pathfinder, and Bangalor in that list is because Wraith and Pathfinder can transport their teammates which is nice in trios, but they really aren't missing anything by still using those abilities in solos.

The final thing I wanted to talk about is my personal experience which I have seen many content creators, and normal players complain about. I played Apex since they day it dropped but I've had to take breaks from the game. I can explain enough how frustrating it is to play the people way below your skill level, or with people who are your skill level but just have super toxic personalities. I have spent a lot of money on this game to support you guys because I think you deserve it, but without having an option to go out on my own and be the only person i have to worry about really drains it out of me. The game has so many great things going for it, so I don't understand the difference of adding one more game mode to play. I promise you that the numbers of people playing the game will spike up just by having that be an option. 

Message 8 of 8 (1,304 Views)