Solo mode

by MyCanklesHurt

Original Post

Solo mode

★ Guide

This needs to happen soon, I cant always play with friends.

Queuing with randoms is down right horrible, most of the time they cant hit the broadside of the barn, leave the match if we dont drop where they want to drop, leave the exact frame they die (sometimes even when knocked), they dont play as a team or for the team it's just brutal queuing with randoms.

Message 1 of 10 (591 Views)

Re: Solo mode

★★★ Expert

Why randoms are atrocious has more to do with some of the people playing on mic than any bad play, which of course often goes hand in hand.

I hope nobody thinks 'only' squads is a good idea because that'd be downright stupid.  What I expect is that solo will be added eventually, and different heroes will come to the fore (people will play heroes with team abilities less), but it will be a nice change from being forced to play with other people if you can't assemble a full team yourself.

Message 2 of 10 (582 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I've noticed most of the time, the only reason I have a bad game with randoms, is because both on my team are level 3, and this is like their 4th game. Whenever I am in a team with someone level 15 or above, generally we do alright. I myself have quite on a few occasions when I get eliminated but generally speaking it's because there was no saving my *. Especially when we have 0 guns, and 4 other squads that all do.
Message 3 of 10 (579 Views)

★★★ Pro

@MyCanklesHurt wrote:

This needs to happen soon, I cant always play with friends.

Queuing with randoms is down right horrible, most of the time they cant hit the broadside of the barn, leave the match if we dont drop where they want to drop, leave the exact frame they die (sometimes even when knocked), they dont play as a team or for the team it's just brutal queuing with randoms.

Yeap, might as well be playing a solo game with queing with randoms. My buddy and I got 4 Wins last night as a duo, our 3rd rando would run off and loot get killed and just leave without giving us a chance to revive him.

Solo/duos are needed but it needs to be tweaked for those game modes.

Message 4 of 10 (563 Views)

★ Guide

Duos could have could either keep the 60 player cap and have 30 squads or have 40 players either 20 squads and solos could drop the cap to around 40 players maybe 30? Something so I dont have to try and face a 3 man squad all the time.

Message 5 of 10 (546 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey mate

You can always join our Apex Legends Community Discord

The community is quite new,but you might just find someone you can play withStandard smile

Message 6 of 10 (534 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Why do people want solo mode so bad since this game is so praised for it's game changing ping system, the ability to revive players even after they are dead and the class synergy. All those will go away in solo mode.

It's not hard to make game buddies in this game, all you have to do is not be toxic if you lose. Nobody wants to be around a toxic player, no matter how good they are. Winning isn't everything, it's more harder to keep new players alive, carry them to victory and give them tips on how to improve. They will soon carry their own weight and you will gain some game buddies along the way if you decide to be friendly and team oriented.
Message 7 of 10 (521 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Don't forget the people who leave because they can't play the champion they want to play. Personally I don't leave until my timer runs down and I'm out permanently. Even when the game starts us one short, or both people leave and I'm alone, I still run the match as long as I can. It keeps your blood pumping when you're alone against squads of people. One encounter can be the end of you most of the time unless you're Shroud.

Message 8 of 10 (515 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks everyone for taking the time to share your feedback.

I've found that a lot of people play solo themselves just by making a move away from their squad but to me it kind of dilutes the fun of the game as working with a squad to set traps and get the drop on others is a treat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 10 (501 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That is a terrifically upbeat and pointless response to the problem people are posting about, Darko. Thank you! 

Message 10 of 10 (499 Views)