Re: Solo. Q.

by HamoHitman

Original Post

★ Guide

@EA_Darko well that really sucks and will cause ALOT of players to eventually leave the game. I was super excited for the battle bass to drop hoping there would be some sort of solo mode to accommodate lone wolves but I guess not. Amazing how refusal to just add a solo lobby could instantly cause lack of interest in the future of a game

Message 11 of 33 (432 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko How to make solo players quit the game - Step 1
Message 12 of 33 (424 Views)

★ Guide

Kinda difficult to justify FORCED "team" play when your squad looks like this

Check out @Fortnit91132899’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Fortnit91132899/status/1105585662219218946?s=09

Message 13 of 33 (423 Views)

★★ Guide

i think i dont fully understand the solo Q thing?

so please help me out here.

people starts to play a game thats clearly for teamplay?

legends pingsystem the whole game is made for teamplay.

and then want to change everything it is and are made for?

Message 14 of 33 (417 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Overwatch is made for teamplay, and still has solo modes. Enough with this excuse.
Message 15 of 33 (413 Views)

★ Guide

@HenxFTW I really don't see what the problem is...nobody uses the abilities for team play...I've never had a Bangalore shoot a smoke screen on me when I got caught in the open...I've never had a lifeline drop me a heal drone mid gun fight so I could use time on shields instead...

But seriously...all they would have to is open a new lobby that has 60 solo players instead of 20 team players...

Teamers can play teams and solos can play solo...everybody is happy

Lonewolfs don't care if the game has 60 wraiths or Bangalore...we don't care...we simply don't want our gameplay to be affected by teammates be it positive or negative

Message 16 of 33 (407 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Darko wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the community @MyCanklesHurt.

Apex Legends is intended to be played with a squad and I am not aware of any plans to bring in a solo mode.

Darko

This game has 50 million plus players and a lot of them meaning millions would love to have a solo mode for a variety of reasons 

The game being intended to be played with a squad is not even close to being a good enough reason to deny a large percentage of the playerbase something that they want very much to have, something that will improve the game tremendously and lead to more fun matches without compromising the existing experience and those who still want to play squads

The developers job is not to force their will on the players and deny them something they want simply to fulfill their vision of the game. The developers job is to listen to their playerbase and  add things that people are asking for that make sense within the context of the game and will make it better

People act as though adding solos will detract from squads mode or hurt the game. No it will only enhance the overall experience and give them another option to enjoy the game and in many cases it will become their only/primary option since a lot of them will play solo exclusively 

Not adding solos asap would be a big mistake and will hurt apex in the long run, as people will stop playing due to the frustration of dumb and inept teammates and just not feeling in control of their matches/outcome having to rely on other people

I do enjoy the game and im not about to quit right now but i can also say that i would infinitely prefer solo to squads and im tired of leading my team in kills and damage 8-9 games out of every 10 that i play. Most randoms are bad or dumb or dont work together they are holding people back and we want to see what we can do on our own without these anchors around our necks dragging us into the water

Apex has already set itself apart with its gameplay and ping system and revive mechanic etc these are all good things. But it should not set itself apart in negative ways from other BR games by doing things such as not including the most fundamental and basic features like a solo mode this needs to be added in the game yesterday

Message 17 of 33 (362 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Darko You have amassed 50+ million players and yet you refuse to add a solo mode? Why? Why are you so dead set against adding it? It's not like we are asking you to force everyone into solo Qs. No we are asking for there to be an option in this game

It's not like your vision of a team based BR is working out like you guys intended. Everyone runs around as wraith, lifeline and bangalore because two of them are incredibly hard to hit consistently and bangalore is there because she gets a 30% movement speed boost when she's shot at at and has a massive area denial ultimate.

I've yet to see a bloodhound and bangalore combo or a bangalore and caustic combo. (gas traps masked in smoke screen)

No instead everyone runs around with the sweatiest heros they can find.

75% of the time the "champion squad" is wraith, lifeline and Bangalore with 800+ kills.

I would say it was fun while it lasted but that would be a lie.

Message 18 of 33 (346 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Good thing you mentioned a no solo... time to uninstall.... whome ever came up with a no solo should be fired "srs"
Message 19 of 33 (342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@tremm0r wrote:
Good thing you mentioned a no solo... time to uninstall.... whome ever came up with a no solo should be fired "srs"

Agreed. Apex is a well put together game, but my real-life Friends & Family play on a different schedule than I do due to work. I already have a decent friends list in Overwatch, Paladins, and Realm Royale, I'm not going through it all again here. Especially when Origin goes out of its damned way to make everything as cumbersome and unintuitive as possible. 

Respawn did good work in general on Apex, but I'm done playing with randoms as a new/low level player and always being teamed with high level experienced people and left to die and rot. I'm guessing I'm getting teamed with a bunch of self-serving Duos as well, given some of the play I've spectated before finally leaving the match. I've uninstalled. I have games where I can actually play Solo queue, or queue Solo as part of a team format and not be nearly as frustrated.

I'm just glad the Community Manager laid things out before I dropped money on a Battle Pass for this game, or any coins in general.

Message 20 of 33 (335 Views)