Solo Q'ing and Randoms Hot Drop and Leave When they Die

by swift07

Original Post

Solo Q'ing and Randoms Hot Drop and Leave When they Die

★ Pro

Seriously, what is wrong with the Apex community.  80%+ of the time I solo que, teammates hot drop and 80% of the time when they get eliminated, they leave the game right away.  That is selfish.  First of all, one of them chose the hot drop...then the other one affirms while I am shaking my head because I know how it's going to turn out.  To no surprise, they hard push people with no mention and die.  Then, as soon as they die, they leave the game.  

Respawn, here is a solution:  change matchmaking so that we are paired up with similar skill level players as teammates and opponents in the lobby.  If that makes the que times longer to get into a match...that's great, because if it takes longer to que up into games, it may deter people from leaving the game right away.  

Message 1 of 10 (845 Views)

Re: Solo Q'ing and Randoms Hot Drop and Leave When they Die

Champion
@swift07 The hot-dropping is definitely annoying for us solo players. I'm not entirely sure how they could "fix" this though, because it's not really a "broken" feature, it's just the way a lot of people like to play the game, for whatever reason.

In regards to the actual MM, and who we get paired up with, I'm not really sure how to address that. There are so many variables that come into play in a BR game. One way I feel they *might* be able to balance it out just a tiny bit, would be to include some sort of "drop proximity" stat into the algorithm. I'm not sure how feasible it would be on the programming side, but some stat (internal or otherwise) that factors how close you land to enemy players on drop. Over time, this would end up putting hot-droppers together, and pairing people together that tend to drop farther away or to less crowded areas, in theory. As with you, I would gladly wait a little longer for more balanced lobbies.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 2 of 10 (796 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@swift07 I don't understand the hot drop mentality either. Meme culture? ADHD? Adrenaline junkies?
Message 3 of 10 (783 Views)

★ Pro

it's so weird how frequent these things are.  I've played Fortnite and Warzone, and there's a sharp contrast in regards to both of the things I've mentioned.  Not sure why people on Apex are like that.  Also, not a lot of people on Apex use mics.  

As for MM, maybe we should have an option where we can check hot drop or not.  Like the option to have fills or not.  

Message 4 of 10 (764 Views)

★ Pro

I don't either lol.  Maybe it's because they see streamers/CC's do it.  

Message 5 of 10 (758 Views)

Champion
@swift07 I don't play Warzone, so I have no idea on that one. I haven't played Fortnite in quite some time, but back when I was still playing, more than half the lobby would hot-drop at Tilted Towers almost every single match, Lol. PUBG has similar issues of most of the lobby dropping at a few hot spots (at least it did when I still played). Personally, I feel like it is a Battle Royale thing, and not an Apex thing specifically. Still annoying though, regardless of what game it is on.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 6 of 10 (751 Views)

★ Pro

from my experience playing FN and WZ, when I solo q'd, it wasn't like that.  People didn't all land at tilted towers (FN) and not that many landed at peak or airport (WZ).  Maybe Apex needs more POI's or bigger POI's.  Either one would change the dynamics of the game.  Also, instead of being attached when jumping off, I think if we all dropped individually, the jumpmaster might reconsider dropping hot cause his teammates might not follow.  I know we can detach from the team but not being attached from the beginning might make people communicate and coordinate. 

Message 7 of 10 (746 Views)

★ Pro

it would be great if we had the option to check hot drop or not, just like "fill teamates"

Message 8 of 10 (740 Views)

Champion
@swift07 I've not played fortnite but I've played warzone enough to know people love to hot drop in it too. There are more players and a larger map so it may feel like it happens less but it still happens.
Message 9 of 10 (718 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I've played WZ for 4 years, and I think more people (when solo q'ing) drop hot on Apex.  The thing I don't get is...on WZ, you can buy your teammates back.  But on Apex, you can't.  You just have to get their banners before time runs out.  I would think that Apex players would be more hesitant about dropping hot because of that reason, but I guess that's not the case. 

The thing is, the games que up real quick on Apex, so people just leave and start a new game.  I think better match making which will result in longer que times would serve two great outcomes:  players will be better matched with their team and opponents and longer ques could deter some people from leaving the game after they die.  

Message 10 of 10 (686 Views)