Soar Kobi video

by Ki11DowN

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Soar Kobi video

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I suspected and also had heard really nobody at respawn is doing anything about the hacking. They dont even have a dedicated team reviewing anything. You're telling me there is an in game cheat report that basically nobody looks at? Can tell by the type of choices they have never been adjusted, changed or any added since day one. From what i'm understanding only a pro or top TTV player in ranked seems to be the only people they "might" or "will" respond to or take serious while the majority of players , which are a lot more than the pro players have no voice or don't even review any of our reports? Im hearing that a pro must get evidence ( video ) take it and send to at contact they have at respawn. Respawn will take their time and review it . This is why you  see a blatant hacker ( forget about the soft hacks ttv's are using those ) the next day in a ranked or pub game and he is at level 200 and something with 20 bomb badge, 4k badge and still playing. Countless videos from shroud, Soar and many others exposing this . Then you mix in the boosting accounts they are selling on the market. Then the DDos attacks to eliminate more than half the lobby so they can take out the few remaining and get max KP. Yes, they made their millions on all the micro transactions and dont care. Not hard to hire a few to start looking over the massive problem apex has. Sad. You can charge 20 bucks for the game and eliminate a decent amount of them . If someone will pay 25 to 500 dollars to get an heirloom kit, they can pay 20 bucks for the game. Sad, Apex could have been one of the best games ever. Check out Soar Kobi's video on this. Title of the article is " These issues Are A HUGE Reason Why People are Quitting Apex Legends". WOnder why dizzy quit apex early, aceu couldn't wait to end the comp season, shroud doesn't play it, DR.Dis doesn't, Viss been playing EFT. None of the bigger name care to play it anymore because so many are using things though they wont directly admit it. Sad. 

Message 1 of 11 (1,700 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Soar Kobi video

Champion

@Ki11DowN  I think it's a pretty widespread issue at the moment.

Valorant is supposedly having similar issues.

Top streamers are raging about it on warzone.

Hyper scape shared information in recent patch notes stating they'll HWID anybody caught cheating...which hints towards a cheater issue emerging on that game already.

It seems to me that this battle needs to be fought on two fronts, in game and externally...yet the focus just seems to be in game. We've got our own problems with hardware cheats on console but hell...I'm sure glad I don't PC game anymore.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (1,644 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@Ki11DowN  I think it's a pretty widespread issue at the moment.

Valorant is supposedly having similar issues.

Top streamers are raging about it on warzone.

Hyper scape shared information in recent patch notes stating they'll HWID anybody caught cheating...which hints towards a cheater issue emerging on that game already.

It seems to me that this battle needs to be fought on two fronts, in game and externally...yet the focus just seems to be in game. We've got our own problems with hardware cheats on console but hell...I'm sure glad I don't PC game anymore.

Message 2 of 11 (1,645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

You just nailed it on all fronts and i completely agree. From XIM to Cronusmax being used beyond M & H to the whole situation Kobi covered. Couldnt agree with you more well said. ( i just left apex after 3 of the 5 games we got cheated on) Time for bed, thanks for your reply.. @MandatoryIDtag  i think , as SoaR said, " its all about money" basically. They make their multi millions on micro transactions , put out the free game, only focus on new DLC , skins  you name it instead of fixing the problem. THis could really ruin gaming or at least the FPS genre. Like you said, its happening in warzone and others. I had no idea the other NEW games you mentioned are already having issues. Back in the day, i mean early to mid 2000's , you could get a good couple months easyyy of solid gaming before the hacks showed up . Now? You get hacks when playing the beta.. makes you wonder how they getting this information ( developers? ) Sad thing Mandatory, many TTV guys ( after listening to king richard and mendo) are using some ummm "modified" configs and im not talking graphics to give better frame rate.. Again, i appreciate your reply .. 

Message 3 of 11 (1,616 Views)

★★★ Expert

Let's see what can be done

• Install additional software that looks at everything you do on your device, sends data back for analysis and storage and eventually forbids you from running anything else than the processes needed for the game. Hmm, pretty illegal and dangerous.
  • Use more complex forms of encryption and compression for the data that is being transmitted. Well, that would affect performance in a very bad way.
  • Rewrite the engine that is less exploitable. Sure, takes a few millions and a few years, without guarantees.
  • Ban everyone that has more than X number of reports over a day or week. Nope, that could turn pretty bad, especially for streamers and pro players getting downed by hateful players. Anyway, spoofing and vpn make ip and hwid bans pretty redundant.
  • Make the game cost money. Well, that would end up with the majority of the playerbase leaving and the cheaters will still be present. Why? Players that already spent money and can't play well enough will still want cheating, so the business will still be profitable for hackers. They'll probably just raise the prices a bit or use stolen cards or virtual wallets to pay for the game.
  • Police every match. Well, if there are over 1 million concurrent players at a time, this means like 20.000 matches. Let's say half of them have cheater reports, resulting in 10.000 cases every 10 minutes or so. Each case would probably need like 20-30 minutes in total. So, tell me, how many thousands of employees would they need to hire to cover all this and how much would all this cost?
  • Go the virtual gaming way (game entirely on server, one simulation, only a video stream received from the server and inputs sent from the client. Sounds pretty solid, no more prediction errors, hits not registering, etc., except that the lag everyone complains about will become input lag...

See, this war is very tough. I know devs are doing a bit of everything, but the ball is in our court. We are millions, we should keep reporting and stay away from cheats. This is for all games, not just Apex.

Message 4 of 11 (1,544 Views)

Champion

@DoYaSeeMe  Completely agree.

Therein lies the problem though lol, on every competitive game genre there is always going to be a certain percentage that are a bunch of  scrubs that rely solely on cheating to protect their fragile ego's.

I've said this countless times elsewhere to cheat ranters but yeah, the more sophisticated anti cheat becomes, the more sophisticated the cheating becomes.

It's a perpetual cycle of crap lol.

Message 5 of 11 (1,537 Views)

★★★★ Guide

it only happens on broken games, i've never seen any cheat or bot on hearthstone because it's just not possible

Message 6 of 11 (1,515 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DoYaSeeMe Just to touch on your second from last point. A person could watch a multitude of matches, 10-20 each easily and most hacks are pretty obvious, from speed hack, bullets shooting 90 degrees from crosshair hitting every headshot ect.. In 10,000 matches with each watching 20 is only 500 people, which could be thinned down a lot more.

If we say, hypothetically, half the matches do at 500 people and if it takes 4-5 reports before they make it onto the ''watch list'' that's even less. This is if every single multiple report case was being monitored when they could probably do half or even a quarter. 100 trusted volunteers in rotation could do the main work and just ten employees could double check, validate then ban if necessary which would make a noticeable difference and this is just the people involved, not any tech that could compliment their work to make things easier.

If those 10 employed are on min wage in the uk it'll be 150-200k a year and there are other countries it'll be cheaper for a hack (or close to) free game.

Edit: Missed the half matches bit so reworded and typos ect..

Message 7 of 11 (1,472 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Ki11DowNObviously hackers need to be booted. But I bet over half the player base doesn't even look at twitch. Probably more.
I don't base my decision to play a game on some streamers opinion, I check the game out myself and decide.

Millions of people play this game without knowing what streamer plays, or quits. You really think the 40k people watching streamers play Apex on Twitch represents even 1/100th of the player base? I couldn't give a flying rats behind about their opinions.

Apex is awesome, and Free. You never have to spend one penny man....not one! And you get the same game as someone who spent a thousand on cosmetics.

If you haven't figured out streamers will go where someone pays them to go then I don't know what to say.

Message 8 of 11 (1,421 Views)

★ Guide

awesome stuff. I think one of the most simplest things that can be done is " charge $20 bucks for apex". People cant even complain at ALL since you have kiddies spending so much on micro transactions and 250-500 dollars to get a wrath or other legend heirloom. Another way, since i see a ton at night is many overseas players ( and we know the region) coming into the USA servers (at around 200+ ping) and using a ton of cheats. Who plays or chooses to play at 200 ping? i dont and cant. My point is even the article on EA that was discussing region blocking i would be up for that . Its so out of control now. I just decided to come check responses because we just got cheated on in ranked and cost me at least 100 pts with the final 3 squads. Wiped us all out solo guy playing gibraltar.  Sad.. very sad times. Apex is bad but we are seeing this in all games and warzone is a nightmare as well since two of my bud's came back from warzone to apex lol .. SO i guess , where the less cheating is will be how we choose a game. 

Message 9 of 11 (1,367 Views)

★★★ Expert
@apostolateofDOOM But it's not that easy... A single case takes a lot, because it has to be looked at a few times, the tracked data has to be checked and maybe more people deciding, so that the verdict is not biased. Then, wages are not the only expense, a company needs to provide more space for additional employees, train them, provide insurance, give benefits, pay taxes for them and so on. Those 200k can easily triple, I'd say.

This work is actually pretty similar to that of QA Teams. Thing is that projects much smaller than Apex have many times bigger qa teams, doing testing for months, but, even so, there are many bugs appearing after launch. That's why all games get patches and go the soft launch / open beta way. Now, keeping a team of 30-50 full time employees just to weed out the hackers can cost any studio significantly, so they turn to anti cheat systems. In theory, these should be better, because there's more experience behind and the software can also prevent some of the cheating. But in reality, they can hardly keep up with the multitude and ingenuity of the hacks and the updates are slow.
Message 10 of 11 (1,329 Views)