Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: So why do people think their vision of the game is the correct one?

by Choongangchong
Reply

Original Post

Re: So why do people think their vision of the game is the correct one?

★★★★ Apprentice

@Cyphronite wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@Cyphronite wrote:

Again, I'm not saying that Anthem has no issues. I'm saying that the rant is out of proportion. It's not a Division or Destiny clone and probably never wanted to be.


Nobody is asking Anthem to be a Division or Destiny clone or a clone of any other title for that manner. The issue is this.

 

Say you are having a cake sale and you asked 2 of your friends and i to donate a cake each. The first friend brings you a fruit cake (Destiny) the other friend brings you a chocolate cake (Division), then I come along and hours before the sale starts i hand you a bag of flour, a carton of eggs, a pack of baking powder, a pack of sugar, a box of milk and a stick of butter. Sure you could put all that together and get a cake but that isn't what you asked for is it nor what you were expecting.

 

That is what Anthem is. An unfinished product which has several elements of potential but simply lacks direction. I have said early on and will continue to say now, what Destiny 1 got away with Division 1 didn't. What Division 1 got away with, Destiny 2 didn't. The launch of each successive title in this genre has worn on the patience of dedicated fans. Anthem has the unfortunate displeasure of going after all these games which suffered controversial launches and lost playerbases. Yet they somehow expected even after the failure of MEA that launching an incomplete mess would net them favorable results.

 

At the very least this game should have launched with an expansive end game, a solid loot system including supporting subsystems and a variety of loot to facilitate a wide array of builds. But it didn't because the prevailing notion of these executives regarding a live servicw game is we will fix it later. The majority of players are not interested in Biowares promises to fix the game later becauee bioware didn't offer early access with a free option to allow ppayers to get in and give feedback while they finish the game. This is a $60 title, a triple a release. 

 

To lean back into the cake example, how would you feel if you instead paid for the cakes and I handed you the ingredients, and i tell you I will bake the cake in the next few months while i read the recipe

Message 21 of 29 (99 Views)

Re: So why do people think their vision of the game is the correct one?

★★★★ Apprentice

@JustChaac wrote:

Ikr, who need a baked cake. Who can decide the fully baked cake is the right way.

Bioware: here is your half baked cake inside a very nice box. Oh you ate it, it tasted bad, sorry we will work very hard to bake it again while you're chewing the piece in your mouth.

 

PS: You can clearly see this OP just a troll, try to create some flame and succeeded.


Holy damn i swear i didn't rrad this before my previous post. Roflol. But yes this is the issue

Message 22 of 29 (99 Views)

Re: So why do people think their vision of the game is the correct one?

★★★★★ Novice

@IRDaWinrar wrote:

Do you all go to Nintendo and start a boycott because classic Mario games are 2D and so shouldn't be in 3D? I'm sure Nintendo would just laugh at your gaijin thoughts. The game isn't even anywhere near as buggy as FO76 or Atlas. If you want to play destiny/division so bad, why don't you play that instead? Why turn the game into a clone? Just because it's in the looter shooter genre, doesn't mean it should be exactly like ones before it. Would people even play Apex if it were just another pubg clone with no classes? PSO/MHW are very grindy games, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that hates them this much.

 

Could it just be some ulterior motive? Maybe something about an irrational hatred for anything EA?


finally found the one dude that knows what EA tastes like. kudos my soft lipped friend.

Message 23 of 29 (97 Views)

Re: So why do people think their vision of the game is the correct one?

★★★ Guide

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@RoninJed wrote:

Yeah I have had crashes back to the screen like 10...no more then 20 times in the 100+ hours I've played. It takes like...one maybe two minutes to get back in. Not a game breaker for me but I guess it is for some people. 

  

 


It's more like 1 crash every 2 hours. So more like 50 crashes. And yes its game breaking. If my car breaks down every 2 hours i drive with it, and i need two minitues to bring it back to work, then i will go to the dealer and get a refund.

 


@RoninJed wrote:

Oh and I can't count how many times I've had that happen in warframe after all these years hehe. I've actually had that happen with lots of other games too so not a really big deal to me. I'm sure it will get better for anthem anyways.

 

 


I never had that experiance but yeah fair enough, stop playing the game, cause its free to play Wink So whats the point? I didnt need to pay 80 bugs for it.

 


@RoninJed wrote:

 

 As for the hate/complaints being the same for Warframe and Anthem...yeah its pretty much the same thing. You know what rating Warfame got from their first review...a 6 out 10...just like anthem. They complained about lack of story/content and said the game was generic...which I thought was crazy because there was no game at the time that looked anything like warframe.

 


Again, its F2P. If i dont like it, everything i lost is just time.

 


@RoninJed wrote:

You saying Warframe had endgame by referring to sorties is laughable because people immediately said they were not endgame when they first released.

  

 


Yeah laugh on that, fair enough. But think about that: Anthem does not have even just this simple daily. Which feels a bit more rewarding due to the fact, its a limitited loot pool.

 


@RoninJed wrote:

It can still be fun to play but for me it's just more of the same. I'm not sure if anyone knows or can fully explain what endgame actually is anymore. It just seems more like a opinion now hehe.

And again, fair enough, i hear you. If you dont feel like there is endgame, stop playing it. It is again, free to play. Which means, its also free not to play Wink

 


@RoninJed wrote:

 

 I dont think the story is that bad in anthem really. There is alot of lore found throughout the game like warframe but I think it already has just as much if not more cutscenes then Warframe. Cutscenes take along time to make (especially with better graphics) and I saw how true that is with Warframe. There were always content droughts before and after any big cutscenes like the "War within" and "The Sacrifice".

  

 


What is the story in Anthem then please? I mean the "Monitor"? Really? Is it a Samsung or an LG? And why do i fight a freakin spider which they say is a scorpien? Am i the pest control? And who cares about the NPCs first world problems? In Destiny, there was Oryx who just wanna conquer at least EVERTHING and he wanted revenge for his very mean son. And now there is the dominion, you now, the green gang. Or wait? Was it the purple gang? And they had just a little beef, Haluk is peeing in is Jav...i mean really? Couldnt care less Standard smile

 

And speaking about "heroic". I dont feel that heroic. Compare a Mission against oryx or the strike with alak-hul, that was an enemie to fight. Did u noticed, they havent made any music to the strongholds? Compare that to a strike or raid in destiny. Especially the threatening music in the taken king contents.

 

You know that game is made with a hot needle.







Lol ok I will try to respond to your six comments.

1. If you have 1 crash every 2 hours then maybe it is your internet. Or maybe you have a older PC or current console...I don't know could be a number of problems.

2- 3.You never had a disconnect in Warframe? Not even a host migration that put you back in the orbiter?...come on man now I know your lying hehe. Oh and I got anthem for free with my graphics card...can I use that excuse too?

4. Uhh Anthem does have dailies...have you played the game?

 

5. Saying you can just quit if you dont like something in warframe because it is f2p is true for supporters and freeloaders alike I guess but then again you can say that for any game hehe. You can play warframe for free and have fun but eventually (like 10 hours in) you will hit one of the many time gates. If you can play Warframe 100% for free then you are in no position to ever complain about grind in any game ever again hehe. Seriously the game is a grind...especially if you want access to all it features.

 

6. You listed the the main bad guy and one boss from one of the stronghold fights when referring to the story...gee you could've never played the game and got that information. The Monitor is called the Monitor because that is the name the makers of the game gave him??? I dont know maybe it's like the watcher from marvel comics but instead of watching he monitors stuff hehe. I dont see why the name is so bad and I'm sure the story is to be continued. The Scars were harvesting acid from the spider creature for their weapons. I believe they even say it in game when you go to fight it.

 

No I dont know if the game was made with a hot needle and I think you dont know what your talking about hehe.

 

Message 24 of 29 (89 Views)
Highlighted

Re: So why do people think their vision of the game is the correct one?

★★★ Apprentice
This isnt any different than everything else out there. You are always right and everyone else is always wrong. Have you ever seen anything being created without being bashed by the "Internet police"?
Also people tend to focus on the negative and Internet makes it easy to do so. Its also cool to point out the few things someone does wrong while completely ignoring everything that is done right. Basically it's just human nature to criticize everything you disagree with/do not like and state it in a way that makes it look like you know better/are right. And its even easier to do this when you know the party you are attacking wont/cant defend themselves fully since they are at risk of losing customers if they do.

Disclaimer for the next part: I'm not talking about people giving constructive feedback and reporting bugs, but the endless stream of trolling, whining and bitching about how bioware/ea/this game sux.

I'm pretty sure most of the vocal negative posters here have never been involved in any form of professional software development and think its just a matter of pushing a few buttons to magically fix everything. So pro tip to everyone who thinks they are better at creating games than the professional studios: start a Kickstarter funding and create your own game and see how easy it is to make a game without bugs and with solutions that everyone agrees with.

Message 25 of 29 (67 Views)

Re: So why do people think their vision of the game is the correct one?

★★★★ Guide

 

Because my expectations started with a game with an end game.
and text chat lol

Message 26 of 29 (53 Views)

Re: So why do people think their vision of the game is the correct one?

★★★★ Guide

@Jackz2kxx wrote:

@IRDaWinrar 

 

Based on the kotaku article yesterday I would assume it is because bioware clearly didn't have a vision for the game when creating it to begin with. 


so at this point, anyone's vision is better than the one they have

Message 27 of 29 (53 Views)

Re: So why do people think their vision of the game is the correct one?

★★ Guide

@RoninJed wrote:





Lol ok I will try to respond to your six comments.

1. If you have 1 crash every 2 hours then maybe it is your internet. Or maybe you have a older PC or current console...I don't know could be a number of problems.

2- 3.You never had a disconnect in Warframe? Not even a host migration that put you back in the orbiter?...come on man now I know your lying hehe. Oh and I got anthem for free with my graphics card...can I use that excuse too?

4. Uhh Anthem does have dailies...have you played the game?

 

5. Saying you can just quit if you dont like something in warframe because it is f2p is true for supporters and freeloaders alike I guess but then again you can say that for any game hehe. You can play warframe for free and have fun but eventually (like 10 hours in) you will hit one of the many time gates. If you can play Warframe 100% for free then you are in no position to ever complain about grind in any game ever again hehe. Seriously the game is a grind...especially if you want access to all it features.

 

6. You listed the the main bad guy and one boss from one of the stronghold fights when referring to the story...gee you could've never played the game and got that information. The Monitor is called the Monitor because that is the name the makers of the game gave him??? I dont know maybe it's like the watcher from marvel comics but instead of watching he monitors stuff hehe. I dont see why the name is so bad and I'm sure the story is to be continued. The Scars were harvesting acid from the spider creature for their weapons. I believe they even say it in game when you go to fight it.

 

No I dont know if the game was made with a hot needle and I think you dont know what your talking about hehe.

 


1. Yeah sure, must be my Hardware or my 400 mbit underground cable that ONLY anthem lose connection. Even voice party is still operating fine, but yeah must be the cable which dont like anthem, cause no other game has that issue. And i think, that the devs adressed that issue as known and the community manager announced, that this issue should be appear less then before the update, is just to make me in person more comfortable. lol Thank god, we have u as an IT professional in here.

 

2.-3. I never had THAT EXPERIENCE. Of course i saw some host migration (which only migrates the host but dont put u back in orbiter) and i also crashed. But this was what? 20 hours of pure gameplay and then one crash? I can deal with that. But not with 20 hours gameplay and 10 crashes.

 

4. Oh yeah sorry, the dailies. Play 3 Stronghold, Play 2 Contracts, Play 1 Legendary contracts. LOL its not different content, no challenge at all. Sorties are more different and had several multipliers.

 

5. Yes u can say that for any game if you are only stpd. I payed for it and i expect something for my money. And whatever u say, i cant care less because atm majority is on my side, journalist are on my side. And Bioware is interested into oppinoin of majority and journalist because they will make the difference between success or fail. And its just nonsens what you say cause every 2 hours i play in Warframe, i get a lot things i could use, which is rewarding. Playing anthem for 20 hours and all u can do is salvage at least everything to get NOTHING. And yes i can complain to other games cause in Warframe again, i can just quit when im not happy with it and lost 0 money.

 

6. I cant care less why he is named after my Samsung. And the one boss is just laughable. Compared to a boss like oryx, he is just nothing. And even if they continue, i only kill just some random creatures. Thats just pest control. And its not only the name, the name is just one piece of masterwork lazyness^^

Message 28 of 29 (35 Views)

Re: So why do people think their vision of the game is the correct one?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Choongangchong wrote:
This isnt any different than everything else out there. You are always right and everyone else is always wrong. Have you ever seen anything being created without being bashed by the "Internet police"?
Also people tend to focus on the negative and Internet makes it easy to do so. Its also cool to point out the few things someone does wrong while completely ignoring everything that is done right. Basically it's just human nature to criticize everything you disagree with/do not like and state it in a way that makes it look like you know better/are right. And its even easier to do this when you know the party you are attacking wont/cant defend themselves fully since they are at risk of losing customers if they do.

Disclaimer for the next part: I'm not talking about people giving constructive feedback and reporting bugs, but the endless stream of trolling, whining and bitching about how bioware/ea/this game sux.

I'm pretty sure most of the vocal negative posters here have never been involved in any form of professional software development and think its just a matter of pushing a few buttons to magically fix everything. So pro tip to everyone who thinks they are better at creating games than the professional studios: start a Kickstarter funding and create your own game and see how easy it is to make a game without bugs and with solutions that everyone agrees with.


That sounds a lot like "I am the master developer and nobody else ever knows what development is". Dude, this is just a non argument. It is invalid Wink If it takes 2 Month to change the drop rate, well then thats just nonsens software design. Cause thats just variables.

Message 29 of 29 (33 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help