Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: So why do people think their vision of the game is the correct one?

by cannyjack

Original Post

★ Guide

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@Cyphronite wrote:

Yeah, I usually prefer keeping it casual

See, thats the point. But Bioware didn't say "No guys, don't expect endgame like in all other loot shooter, after u hit 30 and finished our aweful 'story', the game is over."

If they did it, i would be fine cause then i didn't buy the game and i will not complain. But no, they just hype it like beeing the next but better destiny. And it's obviously not only me. PC Gamer gave a 55/100 Gameinformer gave 7/10 Gamepro gave a 65/100....for a triple A studio, thats just a desaster.

Sorry that was just a stupid joke, I usually like endgame/hardmode activities. And about those expectations and hype. Thats on your side seriously. Again, I'm not saying that Anthem has no issues. I'm saying that the rant is out of proportion. It's not a Division or Destiny clone and probably never wanted to be.

Message 11 of 29 (149 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I guess people have the delusion of their vision being the correct one because the developer obviously doesn't have one.

Watch the E3 trailer sometime. Does that even resemble this game?

Most of the hype and promise of the game is missing from the actual game. The only thing we have to go on with is hoping that content delivery and changes occur at this point.

Then there is the huge timesink "quests" that were put in to hope we grind our wheels on them until something that may not ever materialize occurs.

I'm not hardcore, but I do put in my couple of hours + a day and I haven't seen my gearscore move in weeks. Pray for a legendary and when it miraculously happens it's another classes component or a duplicate of something I already have and don't use....

Having any vision is better than having no vision, so everyone vision ecliples Bioware's at this point.

Message 12 of 29 (144 Views)

★ Guide

I know the true vision of anthem, I just saw it several times while I was checking out games on review sites. the promo for anthem was blazing out in all it glory and I thought thats the game I want to play thats what I thought I was buying. It however it is not the game I have been playing no even close to it, Just give me the game that you promised me in that promo. your vision, your promise, now deliver.

Message 13 of 29 (142 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@Cyphronite wrote:
Good question. Like I wrote somewhere else, sometimes people just need someone they can hate. Of course the game has issues, but those small issues are totally blown out of proportion, amplified by monetized content platforms where people hate for likes and ad impressions.

People should just chill and have fun. But what they're doing is make a science out of each and every little glitch or problem they find, take it to the internet parliament to debate what exactly?

That they played a freaking game for 100 hours and are bored now so they start to rant and hate? It's almost a little bit funny.

Anthem has issues and a lot of room to grow, but ultimately it's already a pretty cool game.

It's just a boring wannabe loot shooter without endgame content. Now think about that: pppl where playing thousends of hours warframe, division or destiny and didn't get bored. But obviously you are more the casual gamer instead of playing endgame.

You should chill and pay honor to the higher ones Standard smile

And atm it's a freaking aweful game.

Uh I've been playing Warframe for over five years and have pretty much seen all the same complaints for it that anthem gets now. People STILL say warframe dosen't have any endgame just more stuff to grind for....or fashion frame. Destiny definitely had a bigger playerbase that stuck around longer than the Division but both had the same no endgame complaints...hell destiny 2 gets that as well. 

I dont think anthem is freaking awful at all. I wouldn't have over a hundred hours in it already if I thought that hehe. But I know everyone doesn't get to play the game on max settings with 70+ fps on a ultrawide gaming monitor either...its pretty awesome hehe. I haven't had one crash to windows and only had the audio bug twice. I wish everyone's experience with this game could as good as mine.

Message 14 of 29 (137 Views)

★★ Guide

@Cyphronite wrote:

Sorry that was just a stupid joke, I usually like endgame/hardmode activities.

I think thats just what u think u are doing Wink 

@Cyphronite wrote:

And about those expectations and hype. Thats on your side seriously. Again, I'm not saying that Anthem has no issues. I'm saying that the rant is out of proportion. It's not a Division or Destiny clone and probably never wanted to be.

100% agree, but obviously i wasnt the only one and based on facts (just count the numbers Wink) i'm the player they wanted. Cause if not, well then there would'nt be much players.

Yeah it's not a clone. But so isnt division a clone of destiny. But both of them, even the crapie destiny 2, have way more content, they actually HAVE endgame content, and they did'nt need to deal with these loads of bugs.

The rant is earned! Cause they could have made a big player base feel more comfortable with the game EASY. But they didnt. They refuse to give the player what they want. They had the chance over a month, nearly 2 month now to just calm down the community but no, they just point the middelfinger into everybodys face.

Message 15 of 29 (128 Views)

★★ Guide

@RoninJed wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@Cyphronite wrote:
Good question. Like I wrote somewhere else, sometimes people just need someone they can hate. Of course the game has issues, but those small issues are totally blown out of proportion, amplified by monetized content platforms where people hate for likes and ad impressions.

People should just chill and have fun. But what they're doing is make a science out of each and every little glitch or problem they find, take it to the internet parliament to debate what exactly?

That they played a freaking game for 100 hours and are bored now so they start to rant and hate? It's almost a little bit funny.

Anthem has issues and a lot of room to grow, but ultimately it's already a pretty cool game.

It's just a boring wannabe loot shooter without endgame content. Now think about that: pppl where playing thousends of hours warframe, division or destiny and didn't get bored. But obviously you are more the casual gamer instead of playing endgame.

Uh I've been playing Warframe for over five years and have pretty much seen all the same complaints for it that anthem gets now. People STILL say warframe dosen't have any endgame just more stuff to grind for....or fashion frame. Destiny definitely had a bigger playerbase that stuck around longer than the Division but both had the same no endgame complaints...hell destiny 2 gets that as well. 

I dont think anthem is freaking awful at all. I wouldn't have over a hundred hours in it already if I thought that hehe. But I know everyone doesn't get to play the game on max settings with 70+ fps on a ultrawide gaming monitor either...its pretty awesome hehe. I haven't had one crash to windows and only had the audio bug twice. I wish everyone's experience with this game could as good as mine.

Yeah there are always SOME who complains. But jesus, just check reddit, check game magazines and then tell me again "yeah its exactly the same as in Warframe, Destiny and Division". No its not.

And no, Warframe had endgame content and u could focus on specific grind. Every Sortie is more challanging and more variant to rund the same bulletsponge GM Stronghold again and again.

The story is aweful and the biggest problem is, they just gave u options to answer which had exactly no effect. So u couldnt skip every aweful bla bla instantly. Even the story of Warframe was way better and its free 2 play. In Anthem, i feel like beeing an employee of pest control.

I dont care about graphics if the game is just BS. Then i can whatch a movie, which has even better graphic. And crashing into main menu because "error retrievieng pilot data" is also a crash for me. And u can't tell me u never had that issue.

I played now 80 hours TD2. You know how often i crashed? Not only once.

Message 16 of 29 (126 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@RoninJed wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@Cyphronite wrote:

Yeah there are always SOME who complains. But jesus, just check reddit, check game magazines and then tell me again "yeah its exactly the same as in Warframe, Destiny and Division". No its not.

And no, Warframe had endgame content and u could focus on specific grind. Every Sortie is more challanging and more variant to rund the same bulletsponge GM Stronghold again and again.

The story is aweful and the biggest problem is, they just gave u options to answer which had exactly no effect. So u couldnt skip every aweful bla bla instantly. Even the story of Warframe was way better and its free 2 play. In Anthem, i feel like beeing an employee of pest control.

I dont care about graphics if the game is just BS. Then i can whatch a movie, which has even better graphic. And crashing into main menu because "error retrievieng pilot data" is also a crash for me. And u can't tell me u never had that issue.

I played now 80 hours TD2. You know how often i crashed? Not only once.

Yeah I have had crashes back to the screen like 10...no more then 20 times in the 100+ hours I've played. It takes like...one maybe two minutes to get back in. Not a game breaker for me but I guess it is for some people. Oh and I can't count how many times I've had that happen in warframe after all these years hehe. I've actually had that happen with lots of other games too so not a really big deal to me. I'm sure it will get better for anthem anyways.

As for the hate/complaints being the same for Warframe and Anthem...yeah its pretty much the same thing. You know what rating Warfame got from their first review...a 6 out 10...just like anthem. They complained about lack of story/content and said the game was generic...which I thought was crazy because there was no game at the time that looked anything like warframe. You saying Warframe had endgame by referring to sorties is laughable because people immediately said they were not endgame when they first released. They are still there but now we got the nightwave thing going and it's just a list of things to do that aren't challenging at all....just more grind. It can still be fun to play but for me it's just more of the same. I'm not sure if anyone knows or can fully explain what endgame actually is anymore. It just seems more like a opinion now hehe.

I dont think the story is that bad in anthem really. There is alot of lore found throughout the game like warframe but I think it already has just as much if not more cutscenes then Warframe. Cutscenes take along time to make (especially with better graphics) and I saw how true that is with Warframe. There were always content droughts before and after any big cutscenes like the "War within" and "The Sacrifice".

Message 17 of 29 (107 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@Jackz2kxx wrote:

@IRDaWinrar 

Based on the kotaku article yesterday I would assume it is because bioware clearly didn't have a vision for the game when creating it to begin with. 

And to top it off, they were...discouraged, let's say, from considering whether elements of existing games that already went through the wringer that Anthem is going through might be worth implementing with an Anthem-like twist. 

But even so, to answer the OP's question: because vision for a game is a completely personal thing and it's absolutely correct for the person who envisions it. Obviously the way I want Anthem to be is the correct way for it to be. If it's not that, then it doesn't 100% conform to my vision then, does it? Nobody's going to put things they personally detest into a game because "I have to accommodate other people's visions." 

Message 18 of 29 (91 Views)

★★ Guide

@RoninJed wrote:

Yeah I have had crashes back to the screen like 10...no more then 20 times in the 100+ hours I've played. It takes like...one maybe two minutes to get back in. Not a game breaker for me but I guess it is for some people. 

It's more like 1 crash every 2 hours. So more like 50 crashes. And yes its game breaking. If my car breaks down every 2 hours i drive with it, and i need two minitues to bring it back to work, then i will go to the dealer and get a refund.

@RoninJed wrote:

Oh and I can't count how many times I've had that happen in warframe after all these years hehe. I've actually had that happen with lots of other games too so not a really big deal to me. I'm sure it will get better for anthem anyways.

I never had that experiance but yeah fair enough, stop playing the game, cause its free to play Wink So whats the point? I didnt need to pay 80 bugs for it.

@RoninJed wrote:

As for the hate/complaints being the same for Warframe and Anthem...yeah its pretty much the same thing. You know what rating Warfame got from their first review...a 6 out 10...just like anthem. They complained about lack of story/content and said the game was generic...which I thought was crazy because there was no game at the time that looked anything like warframe.

Again, its F2P. If i dont like it, everything i lost is just time.

@RoninJed wrote:

You saying Warframe had endgame by referring to sorties is laughable because people immediately said they were not endgame when they first released.

Yeah laugh on that, fair enough. But think about that: Anthem does not have even just this simple daily. Which feels a bit more rewarding due to the fact, its a limitited loot pool.

@RoninJed wrote:

It can still be fun to play but for me it's just more of the same. I'm not sure if anyone knows or can fully explain what endgame actually is anymore. It just seems more like a opinion now hehe.

And again, fair enough, i hear you. If you dont feel like there is endgame, stop playing it. It is again, free to play. Which means, its also free not to play Wink

@RoninJed wrote:

I dont think the story is that bad in anthem really. There is alot of lore found throughout the game like warframe but I think it already has just as much if not more cutscenes then Warframe. Cutscenes take along time to make (especially with better graphics) and I saw how true that is with Warframe. There were always content droughts before and after any big cutscenes like the "War within" and "The Sacrifice".

What is the story in Anthem then please? I mean the "Monitor"? Really? Is it a Samsung or an LG? And why do i fight a freakin spider which they say is a scorpien? Am i the pest control? And who cares about the NPCs first world problems? In Destiny, there was Oryx who just wanna conquer at least EVERTHING and he wanted revenge for his very mean son. And now there is the dominion, you now, the green gang. Or wait? Was it the purple gang? And they had just a little beef, Haluk is peeing in is Jav...i mean really? Couldnt care less Standard smile

And speaking about "heroic". I dont feel that heroic. Compare a Mission against oryx or the strike with alak-hul, that was an enemie to fight. Did u noticed, they havent made any music to the strongholds? Compare that to a strike or raid in destiny. Especially the threatening music in the taken king contents.

You know that game is made with a hot needle.

Message 19 of 29 (89 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ikr, who need a baked cake. Who can decide the fully baked cake is the right way.

Bioware: here is your half baked cake inside a very nice box. Oh you ate it, it tasted bad, sorry we will work very hard to bake it again while you're chewing the piece in your mouth.

PS: You can clearly see this OP just a troll, try to create some flame and succeeded.

Message 20 of 29 (72 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help