Re: So why are digital threats not allowed on rifles and lmgs?

by DoYaSeeMe

Original Post

So why are digital threats not allowed on rifles and lmgs?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I feel like all the best weapons have access to this attachment, I don't this attachment is making them the best weapons but I do question the balance reasoning, if everyone's gonna use an r-99 why also give it the digital threat and leave something like the r-301 to feel like a side grade? Someone gonna say those weapons are for longer ranges but past a certain distance you either want a sniper or you just avoid a fight till you can push in (most people will probably just push in snipers are dead) Most people keep a shotgun which all can use the attachment, most people end the game with a sub machine gun which all can use the attachment so I just wanna know the balance reason to limit the use of that attachment, I mean it's also a one time sight.

Message 1 of 20 (1,253 Views)

Champion

They should just add a digi 2-4x. Simple solution really. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 20 (1,244 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag 2x-4x digital threat would be so OP in the right hands.So would a 3x digital threat.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 20 (1,233 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Why would a 3x Digital Threat be OP? It's not like it aims for you

Message 4 of 20 (1,186 Views)

★★ Guide
@Xebulin Because theres a legend in the game called bangalore and if every weapon could have digi sights ...umm it would render her completely trash
Message 5 of 20 (1,174 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ILikeGlueHmm but people are already mostly using the weapons that can use the digi threats anyways.
Message 6 of 20 (1,166 Views)

★★★ Expert

It’s not like digital threats are lying around everywhere for everyone. They are gold so you either are lucky or earned one by killing someone with them.

a digital threat 2-4x would be powerful but I think it should drop in final neutral supply drops, where you could end up with a peacekeeper or devotion anyway

Message 7 of 20 (1,133 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag And Apex will slowly turn into Warzone lol
Message 8 of 20 (1,109 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@S_Dustt Digi threat scans only work up to a certain distance so it's only given to CQC weapons.
Imagine Digi on Spitfire- You won't be able to scan beyond a certain distance and if you try to shoot someone at medium range, the Digi threat will only impair your view field so you are better off with a 2x on LMGs/ARs
Message 9 of 20 (1,103 Views)

★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Before Season 3, when the G7 scout was still a sniper, there was a golden version of it with 4x-10x digi. Even though the rifle wasn't as powerful as it is now, it was pretty deadly with digi equipped, because of it's accuracy at mid-long range and high fire rate (for a sniper). Considering this, it's not hard to imagine how OP the auto rifles would become with digi scopes.
Message 10 of 20 (1,084 Views)