So...where's Vince?

by edgecrusherO0

Original Post

So...where's Vince?

★★ Expert

He took over the franchise in December after the abysmal launch and we haven't heard a peep from him while the game languishes in a terrible, dreadful state and continues to lose players. Would sure be good to hear from Vince that he and DICE are still committed to 2042 and what their actual plans for the future are, or if they're going to formally abandon 2042.

DICE isn't communicating anything still, despite constant complaints from players begging for more transparent communications and some actually meaningful engagement in the forums. Fine, I think by now we can disappointingly accept that this is the "increased communications" we're gonna get and that DICE CM's either won't, or aren't allowed, to post more, be transparent, or really do anything very useful.

Leadership comes from the top, and I know Vince is insanely busy running Respawn and their 4-6 live/in-development games on top of Ripple, and now has another full time job managing the BF franchise. But the BF franchise is in some desperate need of leadership right now and, 6 months post-launch, DICE and leadership still feel totally MIA.

Still waiting on that "Early April" update now that we've left "Early April", so maybe this is another "brutal expectation" from the community that paid $60+ for an incomplete game that feels like it's been abandoned since coming back in 2022. At least the game was off to a good start with small but meaningful weekly patches in Nov/Dec 2021. I wonder what happened to that DICE, because they never seem to have come back from holiday.

Message 1 of 14 (651 Views)

Re: So...where's Vince?

★★★ Guide

Quite so, the ongoing silence at this point seems more rude than anything.

It just gets harder and harder to shake the impression that Dice aren't communicating because they know that what they have to communicate is simply not good enough.

I don't know whether its because Dice haven't allocated enough resources, or whether they actually cant do what's needed, but at some point Dice need a win here. They have to not just meet expectations but exceed them.

Because, whether they realize it or not, 2042 was the last chance many were prepared to give Dice after SWBF2 and BFV. 

Unless 2042 is fixed to the customers satisfaction, not the lawyers, then there's going to be an angry community out there. And that community will not be silent if Dice ever want to release another BF game.

Message 2 of 14 (635 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@edgecrusherO0 well, we now know exactly how much respect the community has from EA and dice. as far as i'm concerned they deserve the same level from us now. i don't care how good the next battlefield game is i'm not buying it. sonderland ran his mouth and i didn't buy BFV. this will make me not buy the next one (only reason i bought this one is their marketing team did a bang up job on the vids)
Message 3 of 14 (614 Views)

★★ Expert
@Psubond I'm not either. I wanted to play some BF4 for modern FPS alternative but I don't own it and like heck am I giving DICE $5-10 after what they've done with 2042.

At this point DICE has an Everest to climb to win back my trust. Shame, because I've loved the hell outta the BF franchise, their Battlefront ended up being good, and Mirror's Edge is a neat game.
Message 4 of 14 (606 Views)

★ Guide

Where's Vince?

He came.

He saw.

He gave up on this mess.

Message 5 of 14 (593 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@edgecrusherO0 i'm old. i'll just stick to indie developers instead of big publishers like EA. my reflexes aren't what they used to be anyway
Message 6 of 14 (592 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Honestly feel bad for Vince. Him and his team has made some of EA's best games in the past few years but instead of letting him pump out more winners, they force Dice Sweden's mess on him to sort.

Message 7 of 14 (565 Views)

★★ Expert
@Noodlesocks He's still running Ripple and Respawn, he's just got a fourth or fifth full time job in overseeing the BF franchise. I get that he's got an immense amount of work, but it's disappointing that we haven't seen anything from him since he took over the franchise.

Nothing about the future. Nothing about the current state of the game. Nothing at all. It would sure go a long way seeing Vince post that under his leadership, DICE is doubling down on 2042 and that they actually care about this game/community and will be taking actions to prove it.
Message 8 of 14 (562 Views)

★ Expert

Was he the guy that tweeted that HE was going to make big changes with BF but hasn't said anything since?

Message 9 of 14 (559 Views)

★★ Expert
@CantGetRight I don't think he uses Twitter. That might have been Marcus Lehto, former Halo/Disintegration lead that's working on building a studio for a narrative entry and is in charge of the BF narrative overall.

I don't remember the exact tweet, but I think he was talking more about the way the narrative is handled/delivered in the future will be much different/better than what DICE has done so far.
Message 10 of 14 (556 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help