Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

So what marked you most from the EA Play reveal about Anthem?

by EgoMania

Original Post

So what marked you most from the EA Play reveal about Anthem?

★★★★ Guide

EA Play presentation is done.

The game will release 22/02/2019 and we have 4 javelin suits confirmed. 

I like how personal story is still a thing and the shared world element is separate for co-op play even though you can solo it but it's tougher.

Only some cosmetics and stuff for direct sales. So that sounds reasonable.

And yeah I want to play a Colossus for sure Standard smile

What about you?

Message 1 of 4 (224 Views)

Re: So what marked you most from the EA Play reveal about Anthem?

Community Manager (retired)

I'm super hyped for the Storm Javelin!

Even if my current avatar shows the Interceptor - the armour just looks too cool!

Anyway, I'm glad I'll be able to swap between the Javelins, so I won't have to create more than one character in the game.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (181 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Finding out that Fort Tarsis is a personal refuge and not a hub was great! Knowing that the personal story we are going to be unfolding will be unique to us as our pilot was amazing.
This blend is what has me most hyped for Anthem!
Message 3 of 4 (144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

First impressions: a slice of the game, scripted, everything dialed and polished up to 11, probably ran on a powerplant of a pc to make it look good on a press conference / convention, per usual. No scripted banter in player voice chat, that's a plus (god that was awful last time around...)

Campaign: single player, okay, let's see what Bioware's ace team cooked up

Story unfolds in a "hub" and you... do the missions out in the wild, heavy emphasis on coop? And little effort put into balancing the difficulty between the two modes? So they allow you the option to try to "chill" solo, but the difficulty is going to shove you towards coop regardless? I beg your pardon? O.o

Designed to add story / lore for years to come: how? Will the player base become fragmented because they don't have the latest content update?

Also, requirements. Will the latest update demand that you own everything that came before it? If yes, for how much?

No lootboxes, no boosters, just upfront cosmetic purchase, that's good

I'm sorry to type this but, from previous experience, I'm cautious.  I'll wait for the actual release and the reviews before I get excited (nope, not the pre-release press reviews!).

Good looks isn't going to carry this thing if the essence of it misses the mark, and they haven't revealed much of that.

Message 4 of 4 (128 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help