Re: So this is what I come back to?

by RichAC

Original Post

★★★ Expert

@RichAC wrote:

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

Yeah the storm is put on steroids in elite mode. I dislike it too, it creates of meta of camping and hiding in the ring.

And never fight outside of next zone so the storm won't kill you. It's actually anti-elite in how it affects the game.

The actual elite teams keep dying to the ring cause they slay squads, guess they are too elite for elite mode, while noob campers advance to top 5 squads with no effort at all.

you described BR.  If you don't like it I would suggest titanfall.  its a great TDM.

Depends on what you mean by elite?  Elite aim?   all aim no brains?  Thats a Bot by BR standards.

Elite as in elite players.

Generally the high aggression teams win, over the.... ahem... "tactical" players.

Message 11 of 17 (237 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

@RichAC wrote:

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

Yeah the storm is put on steroids in elite mode. I dislike it too, it creates of meta of camping and hiding in the ring.

And never fight outside of next zone so the storm won't kill you. It's actually anti-elite in how it affects the game.

The actual elite teams keep dying to the ring cause they slay squads, guess they are too elite for elite mode, while noob campers advance to top 5 squads with no effort at all.

you described BR.  If you don't like it I would suggest titanfall.  its a great TDM.

Depends on what you mean by elite?  Elite aim?   all aim no brains?  Thats a Bot by BR standards.

Generally the high aggression teams win, over the.... ahem... "tactical" players.

Tactical roflol.

Thats the nicest it will ever get.

High agression players are better shooters!

''Tactical'' players are better looters.

Everybody is a winner 2019 method.

If you suck at shooting, You can get elite by looting!

Message 12 of 17 (235 Views)

★★ Pro

If this game came out with the circle doing 25% damage per tick, we wouldn't be having this conversation... People just whine because they didn't have anything to fear in the normal mode. In my opinion, the Elite Queue is the better version and should be implemented normally. People talk about "metas," well how about the pointless "meta" of purposely going into the circle to fight teams because there's no fear of damage until the last two circles? That's ridiculous. 

Message 13 of 17 (200 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@DaAceXD wrote:

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

@RichAC wrote:

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

Tactical roflol.

Thats the nicest it will ever get.

High agression players are better shooters!

''Tactical'' players are better looters.

Everybody is a winner 2019 method.

If you suck at shooting, You can get elite by looting!

There is a middle ground. You talk at the extremes of both playstyles. Why are you so keen to label players into play style pigeon holes.

I can play slow, aggressive and sometimes camp it out if the situation requires it. I very rarely YOLO into battle.

Just maybe, some players have poor eyesight, or poor motor functions. Or they just play a shooter for the * of it and don't invest time to look into the nuances of tactics or take the time to better their aim. Not everybody is trying to be the best of the best at a F2P computer game. They have other priorities and just play for fun.

I could say aggressive players are brainless headless chickens who have no map awareness, no squad awareness and rely soley on being a good twitch shooter. That's great, but if you lack in other skills, you are not elite are you?

I rarely see high kill players play well to the end because they seem so focused on running from one fight to the next like a bee to honey, taking in nothing of their surroundings or other enemy teams. 5-10 kills but if they die they quit. Yeah, very elite play.

Just to add, I came across a squad of 2 camping market in a room with Caustic traps up. One was lay on top of the racking and another hid on top of a cupboard in the corner baiting us to enter. We killed them no problem by arc starring them and picking them off through the door. If we had rushed in all guns blazing, we'd be dead.

Campers on the whole are easy prey, unless you are running round like a headless chicken not looking at your surroundings, far to preoccupied with your kill count, which does not win you games.

Message 14 of 17 (196 Views)

★★ Pro

not the case at an equal skill level.  quite the opposite in fact.  Have you ever watched the apex pro league matches?  seen NRG vs team rogue.  Team rogue won by playing more strategical and tactical.    NRG was very agressive.  kept getting them killed.   Team with most wins was winner of tournament and was only team who regular played in the pro league and it showed.  They had way more discipline.

The NRG players quit apex right afterwards lol.

Message 15 of 17 (181 Views)

★★ Guide

Don't go outside the circle,shocker I know.

Message 16 of 17 (164 Views)

★★★ Guide

@RichAC wrote:

not the case at an equal skill level.  quite the opposite in fact.  Have you ever watched the apex pro league matches?  seen NRG vs team rogue.  Team rogue won by playing more strategical and tactical.    NRG was very agressive.  kept getting them killed.   Team with most wins was winner of tournament and was only team who regular played in the pro league and it showed.  They had way more discipline.

The NRG players quit apex right afterwards lol.

they didnt quit just there is no content in apex also no customs games for pro players to practise for big tornaments this game just made pro players to back out from it untill its fixed

Message 17 of 17 (160 Views)