Re: So the next legend is rumor to be another wallhack based...

by KelRiever

Original Post

So the next legend is rumor to be another wallhack based...

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I have a brilliant idea: How about we re-design every single previously released legend who doesn't have wallhack now will be wallhack-alike, just like Fuse eh?

- Gibby: Everyone who shoots at his arm shield will get wallhacked

- Wraith: When get downed, her vengeful comrades in multiple different dimensions will mark all the enemy that damaged her, temporarily get them all wallhacked

- Bangalore: Her smoke will wallhack people inside it. People who got hit by her ultimate will also get wallhacked

- Caustic: all enemies who smell his gas will get wallhacked for X second after exiting the gas zone

- Lifeline: After successfully rezing teammates, temporarily grant both Lifeline and her teammate wallhack ability. Teammate get respawned by a squad having a Lifeline will have wallhack after leaving the dropship and last for X seconds

- Loba: When deploying the Black Market, mark all enemies near vicinity and reveal their entire loadout, even including what is inside their backpack

- Revenant: Silenced enemies will get wallhacked. Entering Death Totem grant permanent wallhack until the duration run out or you get sent back

- Pathfinder: When using grapplehook and as long as he is still on the grapple, wallhack all enemies near his vicinity

- Wattson: Her ultimate (Whatever the name) will now wallhack all enemies within its vicinity. Enemy gets hit by her fence will get wallhacked for X seconds

- Mirage: When using ultimate, wallhack all enemies as long as his decoy still exist

- Horizon: When using gravity lift, temporary wallhack all enemies below her

- Rampart: Enemy shoot at her wall will get wallhacked

- Octane: When using jumpad, grant wallhack ability for him and his teammates while airbound

- Valkyrie: When using jetpack (passive), she will wallhack enemies nearby (similar to ultimate)

- Fuse: Enemy get hit by his Q will get wallhacked

- Ashe: Mark By Death (passive) will now live stream wallhack the killer. After using ultimate, temporary wallhack people near vicinity

What do you guys think? I think these ideas look absolutely balanced and nothing could go wrong, especially with Wraith, I'm very proud of this one

Oh and forgot to add, everyone can now use the scanning beacon and it will also mark all enemies and deathbox on the map. The game would be incredibly perfect by then

Message 1 of 8 (360 Views)

Champion
@KissYourHomieUwU I think we need to see the ability. Lots of characters you mentioned already have scans as passive abilities. It seems to be a thing they want to use to promote fighting.
Message 2 of 8 (352 Views)

★★★ Expert

Let's talk about the problem with reveal, scan, wallhack en masse (in other words, why it wasn't a problem when there was only a Bloodhound, but now it is a huge problem).

One of the major problems is that this is supposed to be a team based game.  That leads to issues of stacking the most powerful abilities.  Obviously, in a game where shooting first and knowing where all your mass of enemies are is so powerful, stacking abilities that let you know where they are is a major issue.  Any realm of abilities that is OP will mean more of those characters are played while other characters are ignored more and more. 

But beyond that, there has always been a problem between formed teams and public made teams for obvious reasons.  It isn't foolproof, but the problem gets exacerbated when something like reveal metas become the norm...the public teams suffer far more than they normally do.  

Made worse, most players don't want to be weighed down by what they perceive is their teams bad behavior.  It's just an awful idea to stay near your team mates if you think they're going to constantly get you revealed and killed.  So of all things, it not only destroys public team play, but makes playing on your own far, far better than trying to play with your team.  

There are a ton more things that can be said about this, and I for sure have no idea if a reveal meta ability is coming but at a certain point, you have to wonder what this game is doing?  We're already beyond the pale, imo, with Seer.  I say either give everyone radar and know where there opponents are, or destroy all reveal meta abilities back to Bloodhound only.

Nobody is going to be happy either way, but Respawn needs to make some hard decisions on what they want this game to be.  Right now, there's simply no character parity without incredible and massive changes.

Message 3 of 8 (345 Views)

★★ Expert

@KelRiever wrote:

Let's talk about the problem with reveal, scan, wallhack en masse (in other words, why it wasn't a problem when there was only a Bloodhound, but now it is a huge problem).

{snip}

There are a ton more things that can be said about this, and I for sure have no idea if a reveal meta ability is coming but at a certain point, you have to wonder what this game is doing?  We're already beyond the pale, imo, with Seer.  I say either give everyone radar and know where there opponents are, or destroy all reveal meta abilities back to Bloodhound only.

Nobody is going to be happy either way, but Respawn needs to make some hard decisions on what they want this game to be.  Right now, there's simply no character parity without incredible and massive changes.

I generally don't do PvP only games, particularly if they are FPS, but Apex is all that is left of Titanfall 2, so here I am.

Your point about Radar is 100% accurate. I HATE HATE HATE Crucible in Destiny 2, because of the fact that Radar (and their small maps) means that it's all a "shotgun ape with side of hand cannon" meta. Trust me, we don't want Apex becoming that.

I think only Bloodhound, Crypto, and Seer should have "wallhacks" or tracking. Remove them from everyone else.

If they want to promote fights, promote mobility for faster rotations. Everyone is wearing a poor mans Pilot Mobility Pack already. Upgrade those to full Pilot Mobility Packs. Double jumps for everyone! 

Bet the ability to rotate toward gunfire faster gets them the fights they want.

Message 4 of 8 (334 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@KissYourHomieUwU I don’t think Maggie will be a recon legend but rather another type of legend with a recon ability just like Ash’s passive and Fuse’s ult.

You know why I think Respawn’s direction with every legend having some sort of scan ability? Because they know that the audio is so inconsistent and they can’t do something about it so why not slap a scan ability to each legend. From S8-S12 all legends have some sort “scan” ability.
Message 5 of 8 (326 Views)

Omg omg wallhacks is cheating omg

Message 6 of 8 (273 Views)

★★★ Guide

Forgot to add Loba and Revenant

- Loba: When deploying the Black Market, mark all enemies near vicinity and reveal their entire loadout, even including what is inside their package

- Revenant: Silenced enemies will get wallhacked. Entering Death Totem grant permanent wallhack until the duration run out or you get sent back

But for real, I am so tired of being forced to play and play against wallhack meta. Bloodhound and Valkyrie is such an insanely broken duo in the rank queue with literally absolutely no counterplay for the opposing team but running the exact same team composition as them. There is no way any competent pre-stack people running these legends could lose the game. And yet they are planning to add even more wallhack legend into the game. How in the hell would any public-made, solo player even stand a chance against a full 3 stack with all using wallhack legends? 

Message 7 of 8 (247 Views)

★★ Pro

I was hoping Respawn would have learned from the massive degree of outrage upon Seer's release. That to me was pretty straight forward for even an un-intelligent person to figure out without much degree of difficulty. 

I said it before, I'll say it again.... Why are they paying a third party company money to monitor and ban hackers (including hackers using wall hacks) - then build legend characters whos abilities that do the very same thing your paying to try and stop and prevent?!? 

Respawn? Seriously? Respawn? Hello? Anybody? Somebody? Please.....? 

Message 8 of 8 (226 Views)