Re: So season 13

by DK9027

Original Post

So season 13

★★★ Pro

I have mixed feelings about it. So let's start with my positive thoughts.

Of course most of you will know that there's a few things that resemble my ideas for other concepts I have. A knight themed battle pass, the sea monster that kills the leviathans and the legends have to band together to fight it (though I made it a quest rather that just a trailer.), the spitfire as the level 100 and 110 skin. 

I'm happy the spitfire is back on ground loot and the mastiff in the care package.

The skins and entire battlepass is awesome I'll probably equip some of those rare skin which I never do from a battlepass.

This was the smoothest launch in a long time.

The I.M.C. armories are fun they make me feel like I'm playing a titanfall mission.

Newcastle is fun new play style, you need to evolve to this new set of situations. And more defense.

Now for the negative.

Newcastle. A fair few similarities to my older concepts again. His ground pound jumping in the air and creating a defensive area, and passive to carry a knocked ally to safety while rezing them is similar to a legend I made in "Apex: old wounds", they also try making Newcastle as a sort of knight with ideas of grandure and heroics, which is in the lore of my first concept "Dragon Knight". There's an I.M.C. presence on a map with wildlife running around, again lore and a map from my first concept. 

Now I'm not making any accusations. But like anyone who might see something they've made in the game that they made public (without talking to anyone official and negotiating for them to use it.)

I can't help but feel a little defensive and on alert, for fear of my ideas being picked apart and turned into something else. Maybe I'm just a bit paranoid. 

Continuing with Newcastle rather than attempting the knight route he has more of a super hero feel. He has a captain America banner intro and comic book banner for goodness sake and acts as such. A super hero theme would probably have been better for the character and season. And with his chess references he feels more like a rook rather than a knight. I think I heard a voice line that had him say "Drag- I mean enemy over there." It almost sounded like he was gunna say Dragon which, in addition for there no reason for him to, kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

Storm point. Now Storm point is my favorite map but the changes made I don't think warrant a week long showcase. Maybe for a few days to let people experience it or give it a longer que time than the others would've been better.

Again the "quest" is a story told mostly through dialog with no voice acting or visuals. The visuals we get are stilled reactions and we get just sounds that the legends might make to the reaction. I'm utterly bored of this. We've had it for the longest time and I want actual story. The comics while not my favorite were better than something that barely engages the player.

I haven't tried ranked yet, I haven't played rank since like season three or four but I'm not hearing great things.

That's my thoughts for now

Message 1 of 12 (469 Views)

Champion
@DK9027 I'm confused. I always thought you posted your ideas for people to see and use. But you seem upset they did something similar.

One thing to remember also- There are billions of people in the world and many have similar ideas with many of those ideas being influenced by something else the person saw. Your ideas are likely influenced by other things. Perhaps you are this to them or maybe it's just a coincidence. Either way you seem to enjoy doing it so I say keep going and be flattered they did it in a similar way.
Message 2 of 12 (410 Views)

★★★ Pro
@hayhor I have no problem with people using my ideas if they get in touch with me for permission, much like someone who drew something and would rather people to ask permission to use it in something instead of using it not asking at all. And yes I put these out here for others of the community to see and take inspiration, I love sharing with the community.

When it comes to a large company however I probably am just a bit paranoid about this sort of thing and most likely a coincidence. And if it happens that they did by some situation they saw my stuff and took inspiration then that's awesome. I'd just like to know "hey man we saw your stuff and it inspired some really great ideas, you did some really awesome stuff." That be alright. But like I said I probably am being paranoid.
Message 3 of 12 (401 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@DK9027  Not really paranoid imo, If anyone remembers, a fan pitched the spy glass passive for Pathfinder, and were about to a  revised version of that in season 14, but it won't be on path.

Message 4 of 12 (393 Views)

@DK9027 

I agree with @hayhor If you like doing and sharing your ideas, by all means do so. I have seen and read some of them and they are nice to read, you put a lot of effort into them.

As far as EA, your Idea's and NC go. one has to remember that the use of the Forum and what you post here is in a legal swamp. I do believe that the posts are the property of EA (someone correct me if I am wrong), so that would then make your submitted Ideas theirs. Also if I am wrong about this unless your Idea is trademarked it gets a little sketchy on theft of intellectual property because you put that out there for all to see. 

Do you think EA put a creators corner section here for us  to just have fun on. NO way did they do that solely for our pleasure. There are CM's and Devs that look at that in order to help their own design departments out with possibilities to work off of. 

Do I think that if EA based a game design part whether it be, Legends, parts of a Legend, Map, gun, abilities etc etc. That they should at least give a nod to the person/s that helped them along.  Yes I do think they should give that nod and or some credit.

Keep having fun and being creative, who knows, we could all benefit from some of that one day.  

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 5 of 12 (342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Asmodeus566 Post do count as ugc "user generated content" 5. is the only 1 that matters in this convo ... I think . Whats Iffy to me is Respawn devs said in the past that they don't want to use Public ideas "theirs nothing wrong with using them imo, Warframe has done it several times, but I guess it's a matter of legal acknowledgement"

Message 6 of 12 (333 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Scratch that, #3 is also relevant "defines usg in EA's eyes"

Message 7 of 12 (328 Views)

[ Edited ]

@jaygates879 @DK9027 

User generated content and content from the user agreement, quoting EA here: 

Content and Entitlements

"Content also includes user-generated Content ("UGC"). UGC includes EA Account personas, forum posts, profile content and other Content contributed by users to EA Services. All Content is either owned by EA or its licensors, or is licensed to EA and its licensors pursuant to Section 5 below."  

Your UGC

"When you contribute UGC, you grant to EA, its licensors and licensees a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, worldwide, sublicensable license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, publicly perform, publicly display or otherwise transmit and communicate the UGC, or any portion of it, in any manner or form and in any medium or forum, whether now known or later devised, without notice, payment or attribution of any kind to you or any third party. You also grant to all other users who can access and use your UGC on an EA Service the right to use, copy, modify, display, perform, create derivative works from, and otherwise communicate and distribute your UGC on or through the relevant EA Service without further notice, attribution or compensation to you."

I think this answers the question about how EA can use UGC posted. 

The needs of the many,

Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 8 of 12 (315 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Asmodeus566Well jeez, I was brushing it off a few hours after posting this like "eh it probably is just a huge coincidence." But jeez gotta read the whole fine print, and i would've had I known I'd start this whole project one day.

The reason I was worried is that D.K. is essentially me, like others who create concepts I'm sure have based their idea on themselves. I put my blood, sweat, tears into the whole series of post but used my own experiences both positive and negative to create the character. So the idea of it all getting turned into something it's not is well you, D.K. is personal for me.

Message 9 of 12 (281 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DK9027 

We may never know if it was a coincidence or not.

Lets say they used some of your ideas and changed them a bit, just pat yourself on the back and keep at it, we all benefited. I at least I will say thank you, right here and right now, "thank you".

If it is just coincidental, then do the same and keep at it. 

The needs of the many,

Message 10 of 12 (273 Views)