Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: So played the Demo but not preordered

by rlaffar

Original Post

So played the Demo but not preordered

★★★★ Novice

Hi

Just wanted to say thanks to Bioware and EA .I downloaded the demo from store on Saturday and played all weekend. I have not preordered or have EA access so was pretty pelased.

And I also have to say the game plays way better than it looks when watching vids. Can't wait until next weekend!

Message 1 of 4 (90 Views)

@rlaffar wrote:

Hi Just wanted to say thanks to Bioware and EA .I downloaded the demo from store on Saturday and played all weekend. I have not preordered or have EA access so was pretty pelased. And I also have to say the game plays way better than it looks when watching vids. Can't wait until next weekend!

Ha, you were lucky to get in. The bug fixes that were being applied to (as they are referred to) 'the entitlements' that were preventing preorders and access users getting in, were clearly opening the gate enough for a few more to slip through. Standard smile

I agree, even with the weekend's issues, there's a really fun game hiding under the network bugs (which I trust will be solved). 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 2 of 4 (79 Views)

★★★ Guide

Exact thing happened  to one of my friends as well. He was waiting on one of my codes (that I could not give him). He just turned the demo on and it let him in. Meanwhile I was waiting 11 1/2 hrs for my shot. 

Sometimes you you get lucky sometimes you don’t. 

I still enjoyed my time in game immensely.

Message 3 of 4 (65 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
😁 I did indeed. Was really happy! And I really really enjoyed when I didn't think I would from all the YouTube videos. So sometimes it goes to show you need to play it yourself.

Agreed though the networking code was a little worrying.

Message 4 of 4 (49 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help