Re: So many questions after campaign

by EgoMania

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert

@mcsupersport wrote:

I could see the benefactor as being the Geth...segment that does infiltrate and doesn't agree with the old machines but doesn't think they can be beat.  Would explain how the Initiative got the scan data in the first place.

Oooooo... I like that.  Not a "rogue" Geth element, just an independent one. 

And I really like the "access to the data" part.

Message 11 of 15 (1,158 Views)

@mcsupersport wrote:

I could see the benefactor as being the Geth...segment that does infiltrate and doesn't agree with the old machines but doesn't think they can be beat.  Would explain how the Initiative got the scan data in the first place.

Very interesting indeed.

Would also mean that there must be at least some Geth in Andromeda.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 12 of 15 (1,130 Views)

★ Pro

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

@Fred_vdp wrote:

I think the Benefactor is ... The Illusive Man, because [he was] aware of the Reaper threat and had set plans in motion for survival.

I think TIM is the more likely because I think he's also the more likely to have established a ruthless cut-out/take-over mechanism.

[EDIT:  'Course the plan went off the rails because of the Scourge and the Kett, (not to mention the uprising) but he couldn't have known about those.]

I still maintain that the Benefactor had planned for an accident to eliminate key personnel one way or another, and that their operatives were probably up at least a month early to raid the stocks for the best equipment before evacuating to form a separate base. (just think of how much stuff was tagged "destroyed" or "lost on transit") so they would have plenty of time to ensure the Scourge crash to cover for them. If they used the other Tempest-class ships they could also have scouted the ark arrival zones and course corrected their crashes as well, gutting the non human populations.

We also know the uprising was engineered, though whether just for Spender's benefit or not we don't know.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see TIM in Andromeda, given his skills, objectives, knowledge, and the fact that he successfully was able to create an unstable, megalomaniacal clone of his pet lab rat, Shepherd, so why wouldn't he do it for himself. Frankly, it would explain so much about ME3.

That being said, every major black-ops/criminal organization in the galaxy seems to have a finger in this particular pie, so who knows what is the Benefactor and what is someone else.

Personally, my favorite for the Benefactor would be the Shadow Broker before the Yaag getting wind of what is coming down the pike, pulling a Dread Pirate Roberts, and becoming the Benefactor

Then again, I would also like to see Aria turn Omega into an ark. Cool

Message 13 of 15 (981 Views)

★ Pro

@sundance31us wrote:

@Fred_vdp wrote:

The non-humans are there because Andromeda Initiative was already being planned. The Benefactor just sped it up with extra funding.

Perhaps, but what we see of the communications with the Benefactor remind me of Leviathan and the sphere on Mahavid was found the same year the Initiative was created (2176).

That would almost be more of an indication that Jien Garson was a Leviathan thrall.

Message 14 of 15 (981 Views)

★ Pro

@sundance31us wrote:

At first I thought it might be TIM, but I can't see Cerberus creating such an elaborate program to save non-humans.

Well, well, the non-human Arks all ran into trouble, didn't they? What if that wasn't all accidental?

Message 15 of 15 (944 Views)