Re: So if Mass effect Andromeda is Dead...

by fenris05

Original Post

So if Mass effect Andromeda is Dead...

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I guess Riders Decisions won't have any lasting effect, and i can do what ever I want, and not worry that it will come back to bite me in the Butt-ox in another expansion Angel

That is one bright side to all this... I can just go crazy, and kill maim, curse, spit on, and call the Pussycat a Bad name , and get this, I never Ever Have to suffer for it latter..

Message 1 of 7 (2,473 Views)

★ Novice
I think Andromeda arrived on the scene dead. It's a shame, because if done right it could have been amazing. Unfortunately I think Bioware is dead as well, and EA is responsible. I think Anthem is due out maybe the first half of this year, and we'll see how that goes. This may be the 1st Bioware game that I haven't followed for a good year + before release. I just feel EA will spoil it some how. How on Earth did Bioware get themselves teamed up with such a dirt bag company like EA
Message 2 of 7 (2,462 Views)

Anthem is slated for release "Fall 2018" according to the Anthem website.

LOL, Bioware got mixed up with EA when EA threw a whole boatload of money at the original owners and they took it and ran....which was around ME1 release time....So EA has been around for awhile, and I can say I think some of the earlier games were better games, ME, Jade Empire, DAO, I can't argue with the success of ME2 or ME3, and DAI....I will forgive DA2, cause they fixed most of the issues within the DLCs....just wish they would do the same for MEA.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 7 (2,452 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I actually like MEA, It was mostly for me the problems with the Graphics abnormalities ( Early before they were fixed ).

The Ugly characters, and the Lego Block armor.

I like Eye candy when I play a game.

The game graphics terrain, and buildings gave me this, but the Characters, were gross, and hard to play.

I mean you have to look at that character every time you chat with and NPC.. It was troublesome to me, and to many other people that I chatted with, it was there main reason for the Hate of the game.

I found the story actually rather nice, not great, but as most game stories are ( someone will destroy the world, or universe ) It is mostly for me just a catalyst, to give me something to do, or stop.

I will say the repetitive Vaults were, not great, but I found enough diversity in them to them to accept them as Okay.

To tell the truth, I really think disgruntled fan's over ME3 May have been the basic doorway for MEA getting slammed.

Not the real reason, but something that started the dis trust of Bioware, which allowed for or created a lot of extreme, pickiness from the buyers, and Reviewers.

I was one of those that was very upset with ME3 ending, I have spoken with many that truly hated the company because of this, I don't think they ever forgave them.

Only speculation, and I am not saying that caused the failure, but it did set the scene for a much closer, and more cynical approach from fans, and reviewers to the Game.

I Myself actually like it very much after the Patches, and find it mostly okay now, and think many who have not played it, have missed something.
Message 4 of 7 (2,442 Views)

I liked the game.  The game was diverse in environments, characters and stuff, along with fun to play.  It was different than previous ME series play in less a corridor shooter, and more open movement, but still very fun to play.  I have to agree with the idea that some still hate the ending so much from ME3 that nothing could be right in MEA without a full written apology from Bioware in the game...I was one of those who hate the ending, to the point I almost can't play ME3 again, and it put me off ME series for years.  I came back for MEA, and ended up loving the world and most characters.

Issues I saw that caused the most issue for the game......

1)  Graphics....

They released alpha video, people saw Mass Effect, and came to love it.  The problem came about when the released game was in many ways WORSE than that alpha.  I remember seeing a scene in a video comparing that alpha and release and wishing I could play the alpha, because the characters looked so much better, scenery was better, facial expressions better and so on.  So when people went in expecting the graphics to be BETTER than that alpha prebuild and instead got stuff worse, it really put people off.

2)  Animations....

Mass Effect has always had some wonky animations, but for the most part the major ones were right.  I never liked the way Shepard, or anyone really, ran in ME3, and there were some really cheesy smiles from Shep through the series...but for the most part everything worked.  On release there were a BUNCH of messed up animations, and even after patching you look at some of the walks, or arm positioning and think..."How the heck did that make it through production, and patching??"

3)  Powers gameplay....

By this I mean, in the first you got like 8-9 powers to have fun with, in the second you ended up with about 6-8 depending on character, and in MEA, you basically have 3 active skills/powers.  The idea of power profiles is great, the implementation is awful.  Personally they should have tied 6 powers you can use, to the profile type meaning engineer can use tech skill, but a sentinel can use tech and biotics.  This would have made classes more important, and limited a bit of mix and match overpowering.  Once this was matched up, it would have felt a bit more like a ME1-3 game and also allowed them to give you 6 powers to play with active..  The power setup caused the game to be really limited in a fight on what you can use, and hurt the game I felt, as ME was always, to me at least, a great part about the powers, especially biotics.

4)  Hiding the product until the very last....

They knew there were issues, and they hid it.  This was either from the mistaken idea that they would get it fixed either on day one patch or it would still be ok if it took 2-3 weeks to fix some of the issues.  The problem was, they hid the product, kept it away from reviewers, and when it hit, people were really startled by how badly it looked considering what they had seen from the alpha, and it looked like a cash grab....and people didn't give them a break and allow them any time to fix it, they were POed.  And once people started piling on, for all the reasons past and present, it couldn't have been easily stopped.

5)  EA/Bioware went dark/comms silent.....

If EA or Bioware had come out and said, "Sorry, we realize there is an issue, but don't worry, we will fix it.  We just need to tweak some internal animations settings, since this is a new use for frostbite and we are sorry this happened.  Here have some free multiplayer stuff."  And then fixed it, most would have been happy or at least ok with it.  Heck, a running list of known issues they are working on, a weekly/semi-weekly post on things they are trying to fix, the issues they are having doing so, and people would have been happy that they were working on it.  But for the most part, EA/Bioware said nothing about anything, total blackout except in patch notes, and saying go spend money on loot boxes in MP.

Sadly because of all this, a really good game got killed.  Some of this is on the reviewers who wouldn't have liked it no matter what, some is on EA for the decisions based around secrecy, and a large part is on Bioware for giving this to the B-team and letting them fubar it.  I still think if they had fixed the issues, and put out a larger DLC most of this would have blown over and the game would still be thriving....but hey, I fix cars for a living, what do I know.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 5 of 7 (2,435 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

"I guess Riders Decisions won't have any lasting effect, and i can do what ever I want, and not worry that it will come back to bite me in the Butt-ox in another expansion Angel

That is one bright side to all this... I can just go crazy, and kill maim, curse, spit on, and call the Pussycat a Bad name , and get this, I never Ever Have to suffer for it latter.." - Taglag45.

I have played this game once back when it was released, i wasn't as disappointed by the release because issues will always exist in games and it needs to be accounted for, this has to be the first thoughts known straight up.

I went through the storyline, at first it was about the exploration but then it set it on the Archon and by the end i was pumped enough i wanted him dead. Watching allies coming together, even rogues and renegades and new allies who got the biggest shock of their lives.

The graphics and audio were really good, very nice to go through and there is enough content to keep you wanting to explore, kill and deal with elements of side missions and storyline.

I didn't like how it arrived the way it did after launch, there was a great deal and there is still a great deal of critical comments directed at the facial animations. When it was first released it was slightly amusing and went with it, but more recent patches hasn't really helped the issue, but neither has it been made any worse. Bioware have had issues with the EA Frostbite engine before with Dragon Age Inquisition and that game wasn't that well received either although it has had its patches, it changed the overall opinion of the game and came out better, but at least it proves a pattern.

I am not sure how Anthem will measure up and i hope to see Bioware conquer the issues they have with the Frostbite engine and deliver something nice since recent media reports have painted Bioware into a corner somewhat unfairly even though things may look bad from an outside point of view, there is no way to know how Bioware are handling it or what EA has planned.

"Anthem is slated for release "Fall 2018" according to the Anthem website.

LOL, Bioware got mixed up with EA when EA threw a whole boatload of money at the original owners and they took it and ran....which was around ME1 release time....So EA has been around for awhile, and I can say I think some of the earlier games were better games, ME, Jade Empire, DAO, I can't argue with the success of ME2 or ME3, and DAI....I will forgive DA2, cause they fixed most of the issues within the DLCs....just wish they would do the same for MEA." - Mcsupersport.

From what i understand 2018 fall wasn't going to happen, Some development delays pushed back Bioware from developing Anthem further. Last i know is early 2019 as the a deadline because of EA's GDP is in early 2019 as well.

Bioware have tried to fix Andromeda quite a bit, but it appears the facial system the game uses is difficult for the devs to work with. The rest of the game is in fair condition.

I do not expect any further content for Andromeda though because with several Bioware studios either shut down or merged into EA, there isn't any studio that could work on it since most of Bioware is focused on getting Anthem out.

Message 6 of 7 (2,345 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Honestly I hope E.A dies. Horrible company and they ruin everything. Hope I live long enough to see the company go under. 

Message 7 of 7 (2,131 Views)