Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: So i read the reddit and decided.

by Dabodyshop

Original Post

Highlighted

So i read the reddit and decided.

★★★★★ Apprentice

even in a year i will not buy your game. or any EA game.

sure it seems like a giant conspiracy, a crappy 1 at that. EA using wifi to map ur room and determine how rich u are by ur car engine etc. thats not the stuff that stuck with me.

the stuff that stuck with me was reading through EA's recent patents and actually understanding what they were saying on the official patent site.

what it boils down to is, EA has obtained the rights as of sept 2018-march 2019:

if the player makes in game purchases, they will also have secretly increased RNG luck in the game based on tiers of spending.

if the player has been offline for a certain amount of time, they are rewarded with greater RNG odds to entice more play.

they are allowed to collect your personal data outside of gaming data (browser histories, past purchases, sites you surf) for marketing.

THESE are just the first few that I read before i got sick and decided I will never get an EA game. I never understood the hate towards them, sure they ruined some games i enjoyed, but i always give a new game a chance. thats like saying picaso will never be a great artist again because 1 of his paintings sucked. now its more like picaso is a shyster and a ponzi scheme.

the part that sickens me though, is that these are official patents that EA has been granted around the time of anthem release.

basically: if you live at work, spend all your money on a P2W game that you play less than 10 hours a week, you will have infinitely more advantages than anyone else based on loot. "people who pay more, have more fun" was a direct quote from the EA CEO. If you are a streamer who does not support in game purchases, u will look like complete trash in the future of EA games because you will never receive the bonus for large logoff times, and you will not receive the bonus for spending money. If you are a streamer who drops $500 on lootboxes every day, you will look like a god, and everyone will love you and the game. If you live at work and pump a good portion of your disposable income into the game, you will be on equal or advantaged footing against anyone who has a higher skill and more time sunk into the game, because you will have RNG upon RNG bonuses and everyone knows EA's next games will allow you to buy power, and power will be RNG determined.

i would not think this stuff was so fishy if i did not experience it first hand. i was taking breaks from anthem because i already had 80+ hours no lifing my ranger in GM2+ without a single legendary drop, did not purchase the game, did not buy anything in the cash shop. quit the game a bit, came back on an interceptor, first stronghold GM1 boom, tyrant drops a legendary. so im like wow, they do exist, i better keep playing! i no life the interceptor, no legendaries for days. i take a break from anthem because a steam game i was playing (but quit due to more spyware secretly installed that allows them to collect every bit of info about you) and come back, now im at my 3rd legendary. whoa, cool! i keep playing interceptor. nothing happens, i take another break of boredom, only logging in to the forums to talk about the bugs. after a few days i go back onto anthem and try the storm out, guess what happens? i get 3 legendaries in 1 night back to back to back off every activity i did from my contracts to my strongholds and even made a forum post about it saying i just got 3 legendaries in like 1 hour.

i really wish i could make this up. but it seems like the patents EA has been granted permission to use in their games now since the release of anthem rewards people for coming back after breaks, rewards them for big spending, and punishes them for longterm play without spending. basically if you are a heavy F2P grinder that likes to win on skill, you are in the opposite boat of the CEO's "more spending = more fun" plan.

do what you want with the information i have written here, it is all on the reddit right now with many silver-platinum awards after being reuploaded because it got taken down by moderators the first hours it was posted, and the official patent sites. think for yourself. either stay and pay EA to be EA's new game code guinea pig, or quit and show them we wont allow them to manipulate their RNG into making us spend more cash to equal out the RNG nerfs we get for playing the game long periods of time multiple days in a row.

they have ACTUAL patents approved the last 2 years specifically for this. could not make this stuff up if i tried lol. they did not allow lootboxes in this game because they wanted a larger playerbase than just P2Wers (pay to winners) to test their new patents out on secret RNG effecting your gameplay amount and if it forces you into spending money or not for their future P2W games. i mean come on, they acquired a patent to give you more unannounced power for buying power based on spending tiers!!!!

anthem is a sinking ship and they call it a success, why? because we just paid them millions of dollars to help them suck billions out of P2Wers in their next decade.

that is my opinion not yours, for more like this hit the like button and subscribe!

Message 1 of 8 (380 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I tried to post this in the other thread but it seem to get auto deleted and seeing I did not get any message from a mod saying that there is something wrong with it, I will try and repost it:

It’s no conspiracy theory that EA develops it’s own A.I. systems. They have news articles about it https://www.ea.com/news/teaching-ai-agents-battlefield-1 and a website for the branch that works on the tech https://www.ea.com/seed. So it’s plausible they could be using some type of system in Anthem. No business opens and funds entire technical division if they have no intention on utilizing the technological developments created in the division. Also, EA is known for acquisition of intellectual property through various means. So, it is also plausible they have integrated A.I. systems from other companies into their inhouse A.I. system.

I read through the document and some of the parallels of the behavior modification and shaping vs things I have experienced in-game standout. Some of those are things like getting equipment for javelins I don’t play and noticing that I will not get any legendary items from playing GM2-3 content but then if I go to GM1 it rains masterworks and legendary items drop. It didn’t make whole lot of sense but it does now. The system gave me masterwork items for other javelins so they would be capable in GM1 then it restricts awards in GM2-3 where my interceptor can play to try shape my behavior to do what it wants which is to play other javelins.

I know what some of you are thinking “but what is the end goal of that?” well I thought about it more, and if they can get people to play javelins more often then people might not would not just want one set of armor or javelin specific emotes. They would want four if the A.I. was successful in the behavior modification. Which isn’t something that can be maintained with the current way the coin system works. So, people would be more likely to buy shards.

Then there is all of those times where I was sure I was clear of ranged attacks and no enemies where attacking me but then suddenly all of my shields and armor other than 1% would be removed. I even posted about it a few weeks ago. And there are bullets that will and yes I actually see them they will go around corners to hit my character when it is fully behind cover. And when ever I get to low health all of the npcs focus fire on me even when colossus uses it’s taunt.

I mean sure these things may be bugs but are even other things like how lightning will never let me go afk for more than two mins and whenever my character gets hit the damage increases each time. The first strike will do little damage to the shield but it increases to the point where it removes the whole thing. And how I can never play contracts in private mode without getting disconnected from the server every 5mins. It makes no sense at first but now it makes sense if the system wanted me to play in open contracts more.

Bug maybe, maybe not but highly suspicious to me yes because I have only gotten that message once inside a group contract. And grouping players in one instance probably lessens the load on the server from having to create many single player instances. Also, the system might want players to see other what cosmetic gear players have to increase the likelihood that the observer would purchase the same thing.

I am not making accusations but the more I think about things I have experienced myself in the 300+ hours of game play the more my suspicion grows that there is something under Anthem’s hood that would make Darth Sidious envious of its design.

And the devs are seemingly unwilling talk about why completing some of the hardest content in the game currently nets so little usable awards. Or why there are so many preventive measures in place to keep players from gearing out their javelin in the manner they see fit.

Message 2 of 8 (296 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Interesting read.  But if there is 100k people playing this game u might convince 2% to stop, and that isn't even pocket change to EA.

Message 3 of 8 (276 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
If you use any social media you have given away your data and privacy of your surfing habits and internet trends a long long time ago. Regardless of what EA is doing with the data almost every company you interact with now is data mining you to determine how best to get your dollar or attention period.

As for RNG patents and what they intend to do with it such things that is up for some debate. Just cause you have a patent doesn't mean it actually gets put to use. And RNG is just that RNG which means so long as they are not adding a monetized element directly into the game system itself (pay to win) that includes RNG then they avoid the gambling pitfalls they have had in other countries. Hence the mtx of Anthem not based around loot crates but appearance items that are not currently dropped in game in any fashion.
Message 4 of 8 (252 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Reynolds called. They said they definitely do not have anywhere near enough foil to make that hat.

Message 5 of 8 (226 Views)
Highlighted

Message 6 of 8 (213 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@qewples wrote:

even in a year i will not buy your game. or any EA game.

sure it seems like a giant conspiracy, a crappy 1 at that. EA using wifi to map ur room and determine how rich u are by ur car engine etc. thats not the stuff that stuck with me.

the stuff that stuck with me was reading through EA's recent patents and actually understanding what they were saying on the official patent site.

what it boils down to is, EA has obtained the rights as of sept 2018-march 2019:

if the player makes in game purchases, they will also have secretly increased RNG luck in the game based on tiers of spending.

if the player has been offline for a certain amount of time, they are rewarded with greater RNG odds to entice more play.

they are allowed to collect your personal data outside of gaming data (browser histories, past purchases, sites you surf) for marketing.

/_\ ...

so they use wifi radar my room and my house  and even see though a concreate wall to car engine. ?and you use 1 harddisk to do everything include play a game. is I am correct ?

emm......

What happen when origin . glyph . steam .Nc launcer ,Swtor or even guild war end up in 1 harddisk .. I wonder -__-….

*faceplam 

i belive now in a guy mind is 90% in to sex 5 percent in to a gun and car . and other 5% is just use to think … -___-………….

PS : i tired to read the rest of post. only this first 10 line is emm… no comment

cheer 

Message 7 of 8 (182 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

oh yes I forget blizzard luncher in list. that thing is checking everything too . /_\…...

cheer 

Message 8 of 8 (178 Views)
Twitter Stream