Re: So being better than more of 98% of players doesn't give you anything

by Cro_Pittt

Original Post

★ Expert

@iiTz13 Dive trail was just an example. As you said there's tons of other possible rewards out there. Getting crafting materials could be a good idea, increasing the number of them going up the tiers. Maybe you could get 1200 crafting materials for reaching Predator, 1000 for Master, 600 for Diamond and so on. Don't tell that this thing requires more resources or effort by the devs, it's really a basic thing that they could add alongside the charms or dive trails and that takes almost no time to do it.

Message 11 of 22 (282 Views)

Champion
@iiTz13 I've said many times they should give some cosmetic packs for ranked. Better packs the higher you get. Or maybe even the high levels get their choice of skins.
Message 12 of 22 (272 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Koochi-Q  I was just pointing out its a crap excuse for being stingy with the trail rewards lol.Tongue out

First of all the badges should say exactly what tier of your respective rank you reached, take platinum for example, its unfair to lump a plat 1 player in the same category as as a plat 4 player, seeing as 90% of them are bots.

Diamond trail should be revived, period.

As for further rewards, even a few apex packs when moving up a tier would be a nice goodwill gesture..at least you have the opportunity to get something more substantial if you're incapable of making it master tier.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 22 (266 Views)

★ Apprentice

i could get behind that, kinda like what league does with the loot boxes when you get an S rank of a champ.

the only issue is league has had 11 years to make their content while apex has only had 1 year, maybe a bit more. 

lets not forget that apex is part of EA...and we all know how those guys are about  giving away free stuff to their community 'why give it away when we can charge them an arm and a leg for it'.... 

Message 14 of 22 (261 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Cro_Pittt

But this problem isn’t exclusive to Ranked. With aggressive SBMM, it literally doesn’t pay to be in the top 2%— the game is offers nothing but stress with literally no reward for players who are already level 500 (an easy feat).

Respawn is definitely getting their stuff together regarding content. But the gaming experience is still miserable for players flagged by sbmm as being “good”.

And for the umpteenth time— I don’t want easy pubs, I want variance.
Message 15 of 22 (255 Views)

★★★ Expert

Self satisfaction?

I dunno, I don't care about rewards in games in general and I know people do.  Being better than 98% of people to me would be enough

Message 16 of 22 (245 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Cro_Pittt Give us pay to win weapon skins that Auto-lock onto the targets.
Message 17 of 22 (234 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Cro_Pittt Yep, I saw this.

I am not sure how these stats even come about, because if I was 'better than 98%' of all players, surely every single game would be a walkthrough haha
Message 18 of 22 (224 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@rockyboy1998

Expect that SBMM usually ensures that the top 2% only play each other. This is what results in miserable Apex pubs for even the best. Apex plays very very very differently when everyone in the lobby can one clip you from 100 meters with no gun attachments. Even for skilled players it’s ridiculous.
Message 19 of 22 (217 Views)

★ Expert

@iiTz13 I understand your point, but let's stop blaming EA for anything bad in the game. Diamond dive trails were there until the end of S3, and Respawn decided to remove it, i don't think it's that big of a deal to reintroduce them. Trash audio or bugs affecting the game for months isn't EA fault, it's on Respawn. But my point is, they could do a lot more to show that they actually care about their playerbase, but until now it feels like they really do not care about us sometimes.

Message 20 of 22 (192 Views)