Re: So being better than more of 98% of players doesn't give you anything

by Cro_Pittt

Original Post

So being better than more of 98% of players doesn't give you anything

★ Expert

Seeing the stats of S6 ranked shows if you're in Diamond you are better than 98% of the players. And what do you get for that? Literally nothing.

What's the incentive to grind up to that tier? 

At least a dive trail for Diamond should be back, to have only a charm as a reward is ridiculous.

Message 1 of 22 (508 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Cro_Pittt The only thing you'll actually get is a headache.
Message 2 of 22 (497 Views)

Champion
@Cro_Pittt You get hours on enjoyment! 🤪🤯
Message 3 of 22 (493 Views)

I agree with this post.

Ranked seem to be more and more aimed for the 24/7 streamers than for normal players.

They state that most players play between 20 and 45% of the time ranked, which is like 20.% too high for me.

Why would you have a ranked system where preds are forced in lower lobies and SBMM is still present. What is the point?

Message 4 of 22 (477 Views)

Champion

@Cro_Pittt  Because they're worried about "visual clutter"  for a minor fraction of the game meanwhile they're ignoring glaring issue that occur throughout the games entirety.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 22 (464 Views)

★ Expert

Imagine grinding to Diamond solo, which I've always done.

I stopped playing ranked early this season, just not enough incentives to do so.

Message 6 of 22 (455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

its kind of * and the only way they will add anymore "prizes" for diamond rank is if you pay with money

Message 7 of 22 (450 Views)

★ Apprentice

little curious what you'd expect to get for the grind.

i know you said a dive trail but would you or anyone else be satisfied with all that grind just for a trail?

i know other games have similar issues:

league of legends - the ranked rewards are less than stellar to be honest and most of the rewards are the same between gold - Dimond

Overwatch - same issue

valorant - same issue

i know you want incentives for the climb but what exactly could the devs offer that would satisfy everyone? 

ranked exclusive skins for legends/weapons?

exclusive legend borders?

extra gold/crafting materials at the end of the season?

the list could go on but all of the above would require the devs to put in time and resources every season when they could be working on the game (new content, server stability, new legends etc).

i'm not disagreeing i'm just seeing things from a different angle. 

Message 8 of 22 (435 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag They can do other stuff than trails. Not a fan of cosmetics as you know and this game focuses alot more on cosmetics than actual gameplay dev it seems but if you’re in that small bracket after grinding literally tens to hundreds of hours only to get a stupid badge & charm, then you know something is wrong.

Let them get a cool hologram or something.
Message 9 of 22 (434 Views)

★ Expert

@hayhor Well tbh i'm having more fun playing ranked than pubs, maybe because of the sbmm xD.

@Gabrielmojo26 I feel you, i also solo queue and i managed to reach diamond in the first split, and probably i'll do the same in this one, but once i get it it feels like i did all of this for nothing

Message 10 of 22 (432 Views)