Re: So Why are Higher Ranked Players in Lower Ranked Lobbies?

by Anlbrd

Original Post

So Why are Higher Ranked Players in Lower Ranked Lobbies?

★ Guide

Recently made it into Platinum ranked and have run into multiple teams with Diamond and Apex Predator teammates. I thought matchmaking paired players up with the highest ranked player in squad?

Message 1 of 5 (5,555 Views)

★ Guide
@SchraIIpz There's just not enough players in those higher brackets, so to make a match it has to lump people together.
Message 2 of 5 (5,550 Views)

★★ Expert

@SchraIIpz 

yup..I'm in plat now and was teamed up with 2 diamonds...gg's though

Heart

Message 3 of 5 (5,535 Views)

★★ Guide

You gotta look at what server you play on. Some servers just don't have enough high tier players so they have to group you up everyone with the closest possible and most times that'll be bronze/silver because majority of the players are still in those leagues. As ranked continues you'll have better people to play with and obviously there is also going to be a lot of tweaks coming for ranked. I personally think they should expand each tier and get rid of one of them either diamond or plat. Right now to many tiers for the amount of servers they have so the players are way to split up. Either reduce the amount of servers so they have a lot more people in each one or increase the amount of points it takes to go from one tier to the next. Right now its really easy to climb just camp and you can hit diamond+ no problems thats how I got there :D right now the meta gives you no reason to fight.

Message 4 of 5 (5,497 Views)

★★ Pro

The other thing that is happening is that people are glitching into lower lobbies deliberately.  Where I'm from this is making the 'low population' issue from plat onwards even worse, because once anyone gets to plat and cant get games anymore they start glitching down into lower lobbies as well, meaning there's fewer people queueing for plat+.  Most of the Apex Predators in my region have never played a Diamond game, because they got to AP before Diamond games were even popping.

Message 5 of 5 (5,482 Views)