Re: So No Crysis Remastered for Origin and Trilogy Owners?

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

So No Crysis Remastered for Origin and Trilogy Owners?

★★ Novice

Per the usual EA finds a way to make a backdoor deal to screw people over. EPIC games gets the remaster and Origin users who paid for Trilogy get nothing nor can Origin players buy the game direct. Great move EA. Unlike every company these days you don't give a care for your users. No wonder Origin is stagnant and you have to branch out to other platforms for cash-flow.   

Message 1 of 8 (6,773 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @FPlusPSN when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

Just so that you are aware, EA is not involved in the remaster of Crysis. Independent game developer and publisher Crytek are releasing the game.

You can speak with their support for any furhter questions you have related to this remaster. 

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (6,723 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)
Hello @FPlusPSN

No doubt Epic payed them a lot of money for the exclusivity, it will certainly come to Steam and Origin later down the line.

I wouldn't blame EA tho, blame Epic for trying to buy their way with everything and make everything exclusive to their platform. That same Epic that complains about Apple and Google for keeping everything within their ecosystem smh. Hypocrites.
Message 2 of 8 (6,757 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @FPlusPSN when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

Just so that you are aware, EA is not involved in the remaster of Crysis. Independent game developer and publisher Crytek are releasing the game.

You can speak with their support for any furhter questions you have related to this remaster. 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 8 (6,724 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@EA_Darko I didn't even realize they were the publisher too, good info!
Message 4 of 8 (6,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And they are from Germany! I really like that fact because I am from Germany and it´s a game like everyone knows or at least heard about it. Same with Gothic.

Message 5 of 8 (4,556 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I thought he was polite.

Message 6 of 8 (2,196 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Waraw16 please do not bump older threads such as this when you have nothing to add as this is considered spam.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 8 (2,169 Views)

Community Manager

Just so you are all aware, Crysis Remastered is now in EA Play and EA Play Pro: https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/crysis/crysis-remastered

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (2,156 Views)