So It is clear now that Respawn can't manage Apex Legends.

by WreckingVi

Original Post

Re: So It is clear now that Respawn can't manage Apex Legends.

[ Edited ]

@CCbathwater wrote:

HisandHersLive actually tested aim assist in firing range two days ago. It's a total joke. Seeing how poorly it performed I was kinda like "I wanna switch this off" but I can't be bothered to adjust 50 different sliders for mumbo jumbo stuff, like "yaw blabla" and whatever it's all called. Fun thing, it completely turned off when Juka was dancing around in Bang smoke, it refused to track (behind) her at all.

There exist several conditions in which AA does not apply.  Scopes above 3X, shooting people using railings for cover, and bang smoke are among them.  Do you rally think you should have AA in bang smoke??

Here's one test that can show you a bit of AA in action.  Fire from close range at a dummy while strafing and then fire at a wooden target doing the same thing.  You'll notice it is much smoother to keep your crosshair on the dummy (has AA) than on the target (does not).

Message 51 of 99 (485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@hayhorDoesn't matter in the slightest, my point is getting low fps isn't a argument to justify getting any kind of advantages.(like justifying why console players get higher aim assist than a PC controller player) 

Message 52 of 99 (459 Views)

Champion
@pandareno1999 Aim assist isnt meant for mid to long range either. MnK has a big advantage there. It is why, along with movement, some pros are trying the hybrid approach. End game those players plan to switch to controller but only at end game.
Message 53 of 99 (443 Views)

Champion
@BaldWraithSimp Has respawn ever confirmed that is the real reason? The settings were there before crossplay.
Message 54 of 99 (440 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Respawn has never said anything on the matter, it's the players that use the fps argument and I know some devs are gonna use it too if they ever address it.

There is a reason why PC gets 0.4, for balance reasons imo.

Message 55 of 99 (411 Views)

★★★ Expert
@BaldWraithSimp values like these usually come after extensive testing. We actually provided data for them, they gathered tons of values from all the platforms before enabling crossplay.
Message 56 of 99 (391 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DoYaSeeMe

I don't know man, console AA being stronger says otherwise. 

Message 57 of 99 (381 Views)

Champion
@BaldWraithSimp You missed his point. His point being that console players need the extra based on actual data.
Message 58 of 99 (370 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor What data exactly again? I honestly don't see any data that would lead to that conclusion.
Message 59 of 99 (360 Views)

Champion
@BaldWraithSimp Well before cross-platform they could likely see accuracy of shots. After cross play when players are mixed they can see fight win rate and lots of other things between console and pc. Perhaps console players don't dominate pc lobbies like some believe with all their hearts.
Message 60 of 99 (354 Views)