Re: So It is clear now that Respawn can't manage Apex Legends.

by IMightKickAss

Original Post

★ Guide
@E9ine_AC The problem isn't single fire turned into automatic fire there's currently only 2 guns that would benefit from it and they are flatline and R301 (hemlock used to be sooooo goood with single fire).

The bigger issues is the no recoils that some even some of the pro players use to get unfair advantage.
Message 91 of 99 (568 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KarvaRauskuOh, I fully understand that. Just rapid-fire is what helps dial in the use of it. It's the only oddity that can be performed that should not be capable by the human finger with clicks. So while it can not detect them all we can do is know they are being used by single fire.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 92 of 99 (562 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@E9ine_AC wrote:

Aim assist is a feature enabled for players who use controllers — as opposed to a mouse and a keyboard — that helps guide the crosshairs toward opponents automatically. It is added to compensate for the fact that aiming with a thumbstick is more difficult than with a mouse, a far more accurate tool.

While you are an Apex Predator and destroy me anytime,  this can't be an authority argument when you support such statement, which is so obviously wrong.

Our skill gap is in many other things than aim like mastering movement or better tactics and so on, and even while you obviously have better aim, you might not understand (or don't want to admit) why -or might neglect that those "pesky" 60% do A LOT more for enabling you in various keys areas and situations.

And that without it, you might not shine as much, probably not by far, but enough to be just diamond or master instead of pred

(else, how do you explain that 80% preds are controler users, while there are not such imbalance regarding mnk /PC users?).

Not saying that to belittle you, you still wipe the floor with my sorry * any time, I guess I'm too old for these games (reflexes and not enough time anymore, and I was never so good anyway, but it is not especially aim that caused me a problem in console games)

Also, you admitted yourself that "now it's part of the game so I don't bother myself anymore with this". Well, you should.

It is belowing the level of skill you need to be good, and allows you to focus much more on other essential things by making much more than 60% in reality, because it involves so many situations:

As the other person you talked with, I was born and raised with consoles so yeah I am fairly old,

and back in the days all PC players hoped for being able to use console controler.

Why?

Because your thumb is indeed more precise than your shoulder, elbow, arm and hand.
On brain homonculus Thumb occupies more surface than even index finger and as much as the hand (without the fingers. They both occupy more surface than arms.

Science wise, it means you have much more neurons and synapses dedicated to the sole thumb because it is so damn important.

Also, there are many people on controler who pull ultra precise and mad tricks just because of that, and that without even talking about sticks.

Why would FPS be different?

So mouse are more precise?

I don't play FPS on controler because of the aim assist (I don't want that) , of the hurdle of having a controler to move around with me (in addition to these being fragile and costly things) and because somehow, it came to feel wrong when I became a PC player.

Also, I will give it to you, usually you lack other buttons.

But back in the day, I could pull mad tricks on Batllefield, Goldeneye and so on.

And while I feel that controlers should be compensated for the lack of buttons which prevent them to make some combo moves and so on,

it should not be done by aim assist but by better interfaces/ergonomy.

Aim assist negates all the work you make for moving against an assisted opponent, by tracking you automatically.

Aim assist makes a surprised opponent able to counter the effect of stress and not being able to locate an opponent who get around you by just being able to switch on him like you had no stress and like you had detected him yourself with your own eyes and where moving accordingly

Aim assist negates the fact that you have limited mags by allowing to reload and reset on your opponent right away, while with no assist you shall reset on him by yourself, so the time to kill is better, with in addition the fact that with aim assist, once locked, you won't lose bullets unless you abuse your recoil (which is partly compensated without you having to think and try) for it), or unless there is an obstacle.

Aim assist allows you to be more mobile (for example, spinning around from your enemy to put some distance then again fronting to him and reseting your aim on him much more quickly by allowing to aim better and lose less bullets on hip fire, so it allows for better survival (in addition to the fact that you kill your enemies faster so less damages onto you)

Aim assist allows you to use higher sensitivity on ADS because it will catch the enemy if you just pass by him, so you don't have to be precise, just abuse the allowed quickness (that's what they say by "you have to learn to use aim assist for it to be better)

Aim assist has no learning curve, so it allows you to focus on your movement in fights to dodge more efficiently

Aim assist allows to manage more enemies at a time, because it is not your brain and eyes who have to do the work (that's why they fill fighters pilot helmets with threat highlight software...), and again, to focus on your tactics and not just "oh *, another guy incoming, damn I was careless losing my focus I let this other one escape...". So it allows you avoiding uncomfortable difficult situations.

I still don't have an extensive knowledge myself of all possible moves and legends, but I guess there are also legend specific things

Message 93 of 99 (497 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@WreckingVi this might sound selfish but I hope that the next new game dethrones apex. the devs are way too comfortable with how terrible the game is atm.
Message 94 of 99 (468 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@soccerking122 I would give the devs the benefit of the doubt. Probably some of the more controversial and outspoken ones (Wattson stats guy) weren't even original game devs. They are trying to get TF3 out and I'm pretty sure that adding Arenas just made it so they couldn't address other issues. They probably had Season 9 planned for if nothing unforeseen went wrong and a bunch of stuff did go wrong. 

Message 95 of 99 (454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@DoYaSeeMe  'Basically you would not be able to move your crosshair when entering within a target's radius.'

idk man .. so free movement with analog.. then locking aim, got it. Won't call it aimbot, oh right .. it's called aim assist....

If only I had the same thing on PC without jumping through 50 hoops, making 20 accounts, hw spoof, and chasing Boxes instead of playing Apex- just to have fabricated skill. Large smile

Sleepy ok I'll agree it's not the same as aimbot, and not even nearly as bad.. and a lesser form of it could be necessary for console players. I see where the thinking comes in, but the problem lies in the cheaters that are pretending to be console players. could there have been detections setup for these things? It's like we just threw everything into FPS games that ... weren't there to begin with and functioned without.

@SHIZNICKMASTA ofc they do, cause there's no reason to switch to controller with their program setup on pc. unless it's getting kinda sussy ! right?

I understand many players prefer a controller, and I don't mind that. Back in my Halo / CoD days, I was pretty terrible with a controller. But it's a nice experience in an fps, well before aim assist. Some of my friends were console players, and they would get headshots left and right with controllers.. with recoil in halo and cod! I understand CoD / Apex have faster movement now, but surely the player can track the other player's movement w/ experience, same logic with m+k

And you seem to agree it could be tweaked, or set to a certain number; so it can't be adjusted? Maybe even one that could help a bit in mid-long range fights for console players, but will be balanced in short ranged.

Would that be fair? Or would players still want to tweak their aim assist? Still want any advantage?

Message 96 of 99 (436 Views)

★★ Novice

I don’t have numbers as far as player bas is concerned. But since you’re such a gamer I assume you keep up with competitive? If so of all the people that play the game what proportion are qualifying for tournaments on controller? Further, how many of those controller teams that do qualify win majors? 🤪

Message 97 of 99 (343 Views)

★★★ Pro
@WreckingVi This thread aged very well this season, specially now lol
Message 98 of 99 (279 Views)

@WreckingVi It's not their fault that the decisions they make lead to horrific server performance, imbalanced characters and stagnant world design. That's just what happens when you drink coffee on a regular basis.
Message 99 of 99 (259 Views)