Re: So It is clear now that Respawn can't manage Apex Legends.

by KarvaRausku

Original Post

Highlighted

★ Guide
@E9ine_AC Yada yada yada, basic "but aim asssist even strong"

Yes I have played console games, guess what I was raised in a house with consoles. I started from amigo, had nes, played snes, had ps, had ps2, had xbox 360 etc and yes I played fps games online with those.
If aim assist wouldn't be a thing then of course the console players would lose 100% against any competent MnK player, but the aim assist is so close to aimbot that people have to defend "it's not really like that!"

And you guess what, MnK lose track on target as well, but we can't just leave our m1 firing and wish that the AA compensates for us, we have to actually move our croshair to the opponent to compensate for the mis aiming.

And a lot of people hip fire at close range, because they either have too big sight or the ADS multiplier could screw up with aim, even I shoot with hip fire all the time at close range.

You clearly haven't played the game long enough or know what you are talking about when you have to throw some money numbers at people.

What does your 19k skins have anything to do against my 20y fps experience from back ol quake to this day.
Message 21 of 99 (825 Views)

Hero
@KarvaRausku You are right I have not played enough only 4500 hours and 19 thousand games played. No one said anything about skins I said I've put in 19k games to see the difference and to know the difference.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 22 of 99 (818 Views)

★ Guide
@E9ine_AC I think you are making a big mistake here... You are thinking 4500 hours can somehow compare to the 20y I have put in games. That's over 2000 hours in apex legends alone in these 2y.

The 19k in games doesn't matter in the slightest since the only reasonable way you would waste that much money in some games, would be by purchasing p2w stuff or skins.

Currently have 764 games in my steam library and it's worth around 3000-4000€.

So it's pretty clear where your money has gone to.
Message 23 of 99 (815 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KarvaRauskuI feel like you have a hard time understanding. Skins are not the topic whats so ever. No one has mentioned skins but yourself. So where you get this skin talk is beyond me. 19 thousand games played. 4500 hours into apex. No where does this mention money or skins.

This is me who has used controller on pc who mainly uses mouse and keyboard explaining how i see things. Of course it will be different from your thoughts as i look at it from realistic terms verse assumed numbers with no data to back it up. All I am saying is i have a lot of experience with apex and its mechanics. I know the difference from aim assist and no aim assist. I know the disadvantages and the advantages both offer. I dont need made up numbers to try and prove a point. 

Message 24 of 99 (810 Views)

★ Guide
@E9ine_AC Really, since to me it sounds like you have no experience on the controller at all since you are claiming it's "Disadvantageous" at close range. Just take a shotgun and pew pew the enemy since you barely need to do anything.

19k thousands games played while sinking 4500 hours into apex in these past 2-3 years?

And you are looking it from non realistic view where MnK players are so godly that they never miss their shots, thus controllers being poopoo in your eyes.

"So this is not me saying this as a casual player but someone who has put in 19k games." Can be understood as you put 19'000 € in games.

I take it you have played the games like brink and dirty bomb as well, Or were they too similar to the apex legends.
Message 25 of 99 (794 Views)

Hero
@KarvaRausku Actually many posts of mine you will see ive asked for adjustments to be made on aim assist. I feel it is a tad strong but aimbot as you claim? No. I am not against it being adjusted at all but more stating it is not aimbot. I also never mention console controller users are poopoo as you say. Mid range fight long range fight they stand no chance. Its the close battles where they shine for most part. Your entire argument was flawed the moment you said they have 80% aim assist. Which is highly wrong. You may think what you wish but im throwing out factual information and not assumed made up numbers.

I have been in the gaming industry as a dev/security/and design teams. I have played a vast amount of games in the 25 years i have been doing this type of work. As I have said i know the difference. This is not me trying to brag or give myself props this is me telling you as someone who has actually done work on games to know that made up assumptions mean nothing. When the facts are actually out there.

Message 26 of 99 (780 Views)

★ Guide
@E9ine_AC And you are here throwing numbers without even knowing what you are talking about.
The 60% controller slider and 40% PC slider thing is for the in game aim assist. 100% would make it aimbot thus sticking into the enemies all the time.
I never claimed it's 80% aim assist I said 90% of the pro players use the controller aim assist to their advantage since it does 70% of the work for them.

Props this is me telling that you have actually no game knowledge at all and you are just assuming things based on small numbers.

You are the type of guy who would argue "eh... 1s cooldown doesn't change anything", but it would bring a huge impact in games.

"bu bu bu... I never said anything like that."

If you have been one of the dev / design teams then I have found the reason why the game nowdays are so sh*t, thanks for that.
Message 27 of 99 (773 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KarvaRauskuSorry you feel that way. There is no talking about this without you being upset because someone's thoughts on a mechanic are much different from yours. You have your opinion on it i have mine. They will conflict as your experience with it is much different than mine as I kill console users who have aim assist daily to where if it's as strong as you claim i would stand no chance. Aim assist helps track it does not snap or lock on.

Aim assist is a feature enabled for players who use controllers — as opposed to a mouse and a keyboard — that helps guide the crosshairs toward opponents automatically. It is added to compensate for the fact that aiming with a thumbstick is more difficult than with a mouse, a far more accurate tool.

Don't feel bad about my work as a dev and such the games i worked on still have over 50 million players and still growing so they are successful. I am guessing though you have done more work on games then the actual apex devs who created this game. You as a user assume verse factual truth. I do not work for respawn or EA nor do i represent them. This is just my thoughts on it from experience in my field. 

Either way im done with this conversation as there is no way of talking about this issue without insults from you or you trying to belittle someone for explaining their experience and understandings to the topic at hand. 

Message 28 of 99 (766 Views)

★ Guide
@E9ine_AC Aight, I call bs on the 50million players and growing + I'm aware you do not work for EA.

I do know that the aim assist does not snap, but it does lock on in a way that eases your tracking as it follows the enemy "slightly" as you would say.

Now since aim assist is such a nice feature on controller users, should we allow macros to be used on fighting games on PC since it's so much harder to play them on M&K?

I kill console users, controller users daily too. I have to play on full preda lobbies since my kd is 8+ and it throws premade pred squads against me. They don't infuriate me, what infuriates me are the controller users since most of them walk like bot, shoots like bot, but yet they somehow hit.

Also aim assist being useless in long to mid range?
Long range maybe, but there are never fights in long range since snipers are practically useless and 3rd party invites (since I'm the one engaging enemies and not sitting and waiting for 3rd partying to snipe them from behind).

Med range is arguable, but it still sticks to them.
That's why I have started to like playing valkyrie, since these potato controller players can not simply aim upwards, if you break out of their AA range they are helpless.
Message 29 of 99 (757 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is me picking a shotgun and pew pewing some at close range. Please tell me what I did wrong as I would love to get better. 

https://youtu.be/vU09iSKa-C8

I am fed up of being told I don’t need to aim as I clearly do more than 40% of my aiming. I have even more experience than you it seems if years playing is the measuring stick. I’ll raise your quake claim with doom and wolfenstein. I changed to controller 3 years ago because of rsi. Mouse and keyboard up until then. Ut2004 is the best game ever😉

The whole 60/40% thing is also unreliable. The claims come from a data miner YouTube video. While I don’t question the numbers 0.4 and 0.6 I do question (assuming 1 is the max) that 1 would be an aimbot. Aim doesn’t snap in this game so if you are off target and aim assist kicks in then you would always be off target as it tracks behind or ahead of someone. 

rant over

Message 30 of 99 (755 Views)