So It is clear now that Respawn can't manage Apex Legends.

by WreckingVi

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

So It is clear now that Respawn can't manage Apex Legends.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Devs are doing all they can, it is clear but it is outta Respawn's control. Game got much bigger than they can handle. Season 8 was hella bad, Lag, cheats, All those glitches and this season to everyone's surprise got even worse than last season and we had no real content beside Arena which is dull. State of the game is way too sad as Apex is the best design BR right now but falls short duo to technical issues and slow content. 

It is time for EA to man up real soon and save Apex, not just Ranked lol 

Edited: Now we are seeing Code: Wheel, Leaf over and over again. and Players are being sent to actual matches when they try to go to Firing Range. WTH lol 

Message 1 of 99 (1,638 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: So It is clear now that Respawn can't manage Apex Legends.

★★★★ Guide

they dont see it as a game anymore

its like a toy shop where they release the same toy over and over but a different color (skins, LTM's)

View in thread

Message 10 of 99 (1,472 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Hell no EA should just give Respawn a bunch of money to hire people. We know EA goes cheap tho and that is probably the root cause of the issues with Apex. It's like Steam taking a 30% cut of all game sales. I mean their launcher is nice, but 30%? What percentage does EA take that doesn't go back into maintaining and improving the game?

Message 2 of 99 (1,627 Views)

★★★ Pro
@B0n3SawMcSizzla look at Battlefield V. EA supported that game like a boss. They just need to man up lol Respawn failed both TF1 and TF2.
Message 3 of 99 (1,618 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@WreckingVi Part of that is Respawn gets the stepchild treatment by EA. Look at what they did with Titanfall 2's release along with Battlefield 1. There's a YoutTube video called something like "Titanfall 2 wasn't killed - it was murdered by EA." I played Titanfall 2 for a couple weeks before Season 8- possibly it is what set off EAC and got me banned. There were probably some cheaters in there. Also, a lot of streamers and highly skilled players. The 60 vs 60 instant respawn makes it OK for the average player, but i can see people getting upset by cheaters. Titan Brawl is badass.

Message 4 of 99 (1,613 Views)

Message 5 of 99 (1,602 Views)

★★★ Pro
@B0n3SawMcSizzla I don't defend EA, I am disappointed at them a lot too. But Respawn truly have failed too.
Message 6 of 99 (1,594 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I still place most of the blame on EA. Respawn is being held back and blocked. On a different point:. their "free game" strategy has worked out. The game might not be playable, but all the cosmetics you bought still load up so it's all good..

Message 7 of 99 (1,581 Views)

★ Pro
@B0n3SawMcSizzla "What percentage does EA take"

everything? Respawn was acquired by Electronic Arts on December 1, 2017. It's not independent studio which pays % to EA.
Message 8 of 99 (1,528 Views)

Yes the game got much bigger than they expected at launch @WreckingVi . We really saw that in Season 0 and 1 with lacklustre content.

But, you apparently forgot that since then, every season has been packed with new stuff. We got a completely new map in 3 seasons, which hadn't even been done by fortnite. We also see more and more balance changes that actually in the long-term improved the game. The game has never been more balanced than this season. You also forgot that the team has more than doubled, even starting a whole new separate team. Since then, we have seen more skins coming out, as well as IMO a higher quality for legends, new maps, vehicles, new mechanics (crafting, redeploy), new legends, new weapons, new items (heat shield, respawn beacon).

I'm really confused by how you say that 'Respawn cannot manage Apex', but then state that it's the 'best design BR right now'. It is the best because of how they handled it. Compare the current state with what they launched with and I bet you find the same.

Also, sorry, but "no real content besides arenas". Hello, ARENAS is content. You may not like it yourself but that doesn't make it less content. Even if you don't like Arenas, it is very exciting to see that they want to try new game modes other than BR. Maybe we will get a capture the flag or point mode in the future.

Message 9 of 99 (1,512 Views)

★★★★ Guide

they dont see it as a game anymore

its like a toy shop where they release the same toy over and over but a different color (skins, LTM's)

Message 10 of 99 (1,473 Views)