So I updated origin and now my account got reset and I have to have a code

by mrED123-YT

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

So I updated origin and now my account got reset and I have to have a code

★★★★★ Newbie

So as you see in the title I updated/reinstalled origin becuase I didn't use it for a while then once i noticed it and battle.net were gone so i was like i probally uninstalled it for a update one time and idk didn't reinstall it. And for battle.net idk, Also note that yes I'm on Windows 10. After that I went and reinstalled the launchers and I went into origin and I still have my games (I'm pretty sure they all are just shortcuts since their on the desktop) but I tryed to open apex legends and it says I need a "code" so idk what that was about since I don't have a code for any of my games and I reinstalled Apex, and all of my progress is GONE! I'm like wow my games and my progress so something happened to my account! But idk really all of my acheviments and like 4 other games say that I "don't have them" but I do and it just don't show up in origin libary so i need to reinstall them with a "code". But I go into my origin account and it still says I made my account in 2017 and my verivacation questions and such. So basically (ik i hate when people say that lol) if you have any suggestions on what todo that would be greatly appreacited. For now I will have a deep grude for the * of ea. also idk what medal of honor is i don't have it installed lol idk how it got there.

Message 1 of 6 (1,590 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: So I updated origin and now my account got reset and I have to have a code

Community Manager

It's most likely the case that you have multiple EA accounts @mrED123-YT.

Best thing to do is try all your different emails to see if you have any emails from EA that would point to it being your primary account.

If you are unable to locate the account then you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,525 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

look yeah we can laugh at it, lol done over. no problem here is look like wrong account login/pw or you do have a issue with registation of game somehow, all this is only a EA helper/advisor that can check this out.

what ever this is i bet EA will look at it seriously if this somehow releated to update/reinstall or bug that happend to you.

we have all been there lost hard disk crash or types of game saves data is gone, and some RPG is huge so ½ - 1 year game lost then nobody laughs anymore.

so do contact EA advisor, its better let them know, or prevent it happend from others, even if it dont help you. because i bet you will not sit and wait over 2 weeks for something that might help if EA atm cant help you. i bet you will restart game with in a day, most gamers do this. ( try EA helper they might can or can not help you. )

Message 2 of 6 (1,583 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

ok thx and yeah I will try and contact ea after they fix what ever bug they have with the help page becuase for some reason it is down and their is no one to contact there.

Message 3 of 6 (1,574 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
yeah most ppl play weekends but that dont mean all support is online , better chance at work days, they have minimum staff for emergency only
this is normal,( only big company as EA or other have some weekend helpers , but i doubt they can help/reply to all. )
Message 4 of 6 (1,563 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

true

Message 5 of 6 (1,556 Views)

Community Manager

It's most likely the case that you have multiple EA accounts @mrED123-YT.

Best thing to do is try all your different emails to see if you have any emails from EA that would point to it being your primary account.

If you are unable to locate the account then you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,526 Views)