Re: Smurfing Is cheating..

by Daze623

Original Post

@BaldWraithSimp 1.5 tiers per split, 3 per season, so its going to take a bit longer than 1 season to drop to bronze from predator. I agree it's unlikely, but some take time off of the pressure of ranked and drop automatically. I made it to diamond and then stopped for a while. It was not deliberate but  I wasn't enjoying ranked, soon enough I was in bronze 4. Back in now playing with youngtree (he is not being carried) and we're both in gold for now. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 21 of 47 (631 Views)

★ Expert
@OldTreeCreeper lol not all kinds of cheating is a bannable offense. There are those who abuse bugs in game and some of them don't get banned. There's no rule saying people can't have multiple accounts but they do have this in their EULA: "Engage in any other activity that significantly disturbs the peaceful, fair and respectful gaming environment of an EA Service." so they can technically ban people for "smurfing".

Just to clear things out we're not talking about having multiple accounts, we're talking about smurfing. Not everyone who have multiple accounts are smurfing.
Message 22 of 47 (620 Views)

★★★ Expert
@C0nfusias challenge accepted.

Depends on which definition you read. Also, there is a lot of controversy around this term since its inception in 96. I'd say smurfing is more like a common way used to gain an unfair advantage. People who smurf are not automatically cheaters.

Also to consider when encountering low level but skillful players:
- people switching platforms (going from console to pc, xbox to playstation, etc.);
- people having their accounts hacked, stolen or simply inaccessible due to forgotten / lost credentials;
- people wanting to keep their main account private (like streamers and content creators);
- people coaching others;
- people searching for lore stuff;
- people trying to review things from the game.
Message 23 of 47 (605 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@OldTreeCreeper You drop from Predator to Plat II at the end of a season. Then 1.5 tier per split, 3 per season in next, so you end up in bronze by the end of the season. You didn't account for season end reset. Predators should never go below Platinum ranked ever, they are allowed to smurf plain and simple. Heck, I don't belong in Bronze and silver lobbies. But Respawn allows me to smurf every seadon unless I grind to diamond.
Message 24 of 47 (603 Views)

★★ Guide

Anytime I drop with someone who is level 20 or less, I try to guess...Smurf, Hacker or Noob. Nothing like watching a level 6 guy be the kill leader for the entire match, then jump off a cliff towards the end.

Message 25 of 47 (583 Views)

@BaldWraithSimp I don't know anymore, so I'll have a cup of tea please and a nice cream buiscut Large smile

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 26 of 47 (567 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@C0nfusias I usually play alone and am diamond ranked but if I want to play with my ten year old son he gets thrown into ridiculous level lobbies. I have to have alt accounts to be able to play with him. My answer is get rid of sbmm in pubs( we got ranked for that) then there will be no need for smurf accounts
Message 27 of 47 (542 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@C0nfusias 

Stress Pex Legends 🎶Stress Pex Legends 🎶
Gives me noobie team mates who aren’t even over lvl 100 yes thank you!

Stress Pex Legends 🎶 Stress Pex Legends🎶

Puts Solo Q players in 3 stack lobbies against 3 stackers who are trash individually but when holding hands they’re so good!!

Ouuuu Stress Pex legends 🎶 ouuuuu Stress pex legends

Message 28 of 47 (525 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@C0nfusias I agree...making a new account to stomp bads is a coward move. Either deal with your environment the matchmaker puts your skills in or stop playing.

Any excuse to needing a second account is why you are a Beta in life.
Message 29 of 47 (513 Views)

[ Edited ]

@C0nfusias there is an instance of forced smurfing, as there is no cross progression.

I would (or anyone would) have to start again if I have to switch playing from my xbox to my son's pc, or his switch (when that platform joins us later this year)! I don't see how that is cheating.... 

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 30 of 47 (498 Views)