Re: Smurf accounts are out of control.

by RevenanT-G7

Original Post

Smurf accounts are out of control.

[ Edited ]

Dozens in every match now because the high ranks don’t want to play against people of equal skill...

sigh, Why do so many games have to try and cheat the system to get an edge?

just start suspending their accounts for a month. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 51 (4,149 Views)

★ Pro
@DarthValtrex I’ve been noticing this too.
Message 2 of 51 (4,140 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

What's the edge though ?  sooner or later those players are going to have to play people in a higher skill level. 

It's really not cheating. Smurf accounts have been around since the dawn of gaming. There is no exploit there is really no advantage it's not like the person is using a Glitch in the game or Aim bot or game genie to preform kills. Unlike the players that use a modded controller now that is cheating.

There could be tons of reasons why people have smurf accounts

1. Streamers
  2. one with friends and another one solo
  3. want to see how much better you got compared to last season's
  4. etc.

I have a secondary account so I guess I'm considered as smurfing and should be banned too ?

Just let them be, If they're not cheating then whats the big deal.

Message 3 of 51 (4,136 Views)

[ Edited ]

They can create endless smurf accounts.. players are doing it, Apex has a major issue right now. High skill players don’t want to play with people of equal skill. It’s leading a game that’s not fun for the lower skill players.

Cheating is exploiting a flaw in the game to gain an advantage. I would argue that because the game is free and endless smurf accounts can be created they are abusing the system. Play the account until its not fun, create a new one. I agree smurf accounts are a gray area. But when smurfing is being abused to get around a game mechanic such as SBMM it becomes cheating. Most games that I’ve played that used solid SBMM would bump the smurf accounts almost instantly to combat this kind of thing. How quickly the smurf accounts get bumped up who knows?

Your argument for comparison to last season just is not true. Your season 3 stats are completely separate from season 2. i also have been teamed with players who smurf. They openly talk about switching to their smurf account for easier rounds.

it’s getting old and I’m sure they know who the smurf accounts are. Just start deleting the smurf accounts and suspending the primary account. Once word travels people will knock it off. i’ve played about 6 rounds tonight and have not seen one champion that was not a smurf account/group.

it’s just a bummer because these morons ruin it for everyone else.. 

one issue it can create for Respawn is that players can smurf and get endless apex packs until they get an account with skins they like and want..

the streamers are a rare exception. Toss in that they can go offline and other things to hide  from

friends if that’s what they want to do. But I can understand that argument and having maybe 1 smurf account.

the smurfing going on right now is being done to circumvent SBMM.

Message 4 of 51 (4,118 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@DarthValtrex "the smurfing going on right now is being done to circumvent SBMM."

I agree. The last few days have been bad.
Message 5 of 51 (4,041 Views)

@DarthValtrex Or they reach Predator and then want to focus on raising kill count and then come on back down and slum with the average Joe's and lovingly refer to it as "Pub Stomping".

I have been playing nothing but ranked lately because of this and I'm into Platinum now and having some solid games. And you can tell it's a more evenly matched lobby.
Message 6 of 51 (4,020 Views)

Yep, I brought this up a few weeks ago. It is definitely an issue. Just bumped into some more yesterday. They always seem to play together too. 

Message 7 of 51 (4,002 Views)

@Pure_Funk_Nugget I misread your name and thought wow this person is bold/trouble.

Message 8 of 51 (4,001 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Dude. Apex Legends just released on steam not too long ago. While yes they are technically smurfs. They aren't doing it on purpose. A lot of people are switching over from console to PC. I can't get my data from the PS4 onto my PC. Cause of Sony owning the data and legal BS. Therefore. I'm starting over. The influx of people you see are probably just switching over and it'll die down eventually.

I do feel terrible though. If that helps. I've won every match I've played with my friend since the switch... PC is definitely better than consoles.

Message 9 of 51 (3,015 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Still the amount of smurf is trash even man why in public.

ppl make new account because they are noob and cant play in harder lobby and that's it

Message 10 of 51 (3,009 Views)