Smurf accounts are now going into ranked and ruining that

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

Re: Smurf accounts are now going into ranked and ruining that

★★★ Expert

@Anonymous wrote:
@Wingmannedbrolooks like I hit a nerve.

Yeah you definitely did, you hit that nerve that makes you LOL hard.

Message 11 of 31 (3,376 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

they pretty much made smurfing a bigger thing than it has to be.

forcing SBMM in normals made sure of that

Message 12 of 31 (3,372 Views)

Champion

Honestly, @jumanjaydazed  has hit the nail on the head.

You can make smurf accounts endlessly,  but if you're fundamentally better than every opponent your smurf faces you'll just keep pushing past them back into the lobbies you should be in. 

Smurfing is just short term gratificiation and a complete waste of time. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 31 (3,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@MandatoryIDtag wrote:

Honestly, @jumanjaydazed  has hit the nail on the head.

You can make smurf accounts endlessly,  but if you're fundamentally better than every opponent your smurf faces you'll just keep pushing past them back into the lobbies you should be in. 

Smurfing is just short term gratificiation and a complete waste of time. 

why is it a waste of time. life is one day at a time, so one day as a smurf for free is one day well spent.

Message 14 of 31 (3,350 Views)

Champion

@gg123xyz  Well it's a waste of time for anyone who isn't a scrub, better? Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 15 of 31 (3,344 Views)

★★ Pro

@MandatoryIDtag wrote:

@gg123xyz  Well it's a waste of time for anyone who isn't a scrub, better? Tongue out

ya i like your use of the word scrub with a game filled with cheaters and traitors;

Message 16 of 31 (3,340 Views)

[ Edited ]

@MandatoryIDtagSure I would agree t that. But, every round there are dozens of smurf accounts. 99% of non-ranked rounds I play have a smurf squad as champion or I get killed by one. They’ll play the smurf account until it’s not fun, then move to ranked do that until they peak and then create a new one.

This game is simply proving that free FPS/BR does not work. Endless free accounts to cheat or smurf with and you have a disaster for honest players and lower skill players.

SBMM is not the issue, the issue are players who don’t want to play against their own skill level and just want to slaughter lower skill players. These people are going to push lower skill players out of the game entirely. It’s not fun constantly being slaughtered by higher skill players.

what’s ironic is the people doing this complaining SBMM is to sweaty, yet they have no issue making the game sweaty and impossible for everyone else.

guess how many hours of Apex I’ve played today? 0, but I’ve played 3 of COD because of this garbage.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 17 of 31 (3,284 Views)

★★ Expert

@DarthValtrex 

That's true...it could basically be an endless cycle Wondering

Heart

Message 18 of 31 (3,276 Views)

★★★ Pro

I went on PC for the first time last week. After unlocking Wattson. I did Ranked for the first time. My team killed 1/3 of the lobby. 7 Kills Wraith, 7 Kills me as Wattson and Pathfinder killed either 3-4 people. 

Then what do you know. I get killed by a lvl 13 Pathfinder with a 20 Bomb and 2500 Damage Badge. He had 12 kills when he killed me. Octane was like lvl 23 and had 2500 damage with 7 kills.

I watched them just to see if they were smurfing or hackers. They were Predators smurfing.

Message 19 of 31 (3,250 Views)

★★★★ Guide

IP address is useless we have 3 accounts in 1 house. The IP address is the same on the server side. I know this because it was a big issue with playing in the same lobbies early on with apex. 

so if they did as suggested with up bans, people would be falsely banned. And honestly the devs haven’t addressed any glaring connection issues to date. I took a week off from apex and came back tonight first game out in premade  and code net error near end game shut me out of apex completely. Had to restart my ps4 to even log back in.

as far as smurfs ruining ranked, they will either advance out quickly or get bored. Either way the end goal of apex will be achieved 90% of players will be at 1 k/d as planned. 

I do have a smurf account as well to play with my nephew. He cannot play in my normal lobbies at all. Granted we don’t play ranked, but you should check the reddit feeds. This is becoming the norm. Boyfriends smurfing so they can play with their girlfriends it is creating problems for people and will Continue to do so. But if their matchmaking ( I refuse to call it sbmm anymore as it really isn’t) is going to stay smurf accounts will too. 

Message 20 of 31 (3,250 Views)