Smurf accounts are now going into ranked and ruining that

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

Smurf accounts are now going into ranked and ruining that

Do something about it, put a statement out on it, then start suspending the accounts and deleting the smurfs. But don't ignore it anymore, it's an issue, you know it is and it's ruining the game for medium and low skilled players. These are the same people who complain about SBMM being too hard, they simply don't want to play against people of their own skill. They want easy matches against lower skill players. So many of my friends are leaving the game for other FPS games in part because they are sick of getting slaughtered by higher skill gamers. 

My play time is starting to decline because of it.  The smurf accounts should not be terribly hard to identify. 1 IP address with multiple accounts all posting similar stats should be the big give away.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 31 (1,090 Views)

Re: Smurf accounts are now going into ranked and ruining that

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Be careful now Darth, according to @Anonymous posting means you feel self-important, which means you're a narcissist.

He's a self-declared psychologist, so he must know what he's talking about.

Message 2 of 31 (1,079 Views)

★★ Guide

LOOOL

Message 3 of 31 (1,070 Views)

★★★ Expert

@GucciiWallet 

LULW

Message 4 of 31 (1,055 Views)

★★ Pro
@Wingmannedbro Oh no, I have a narcissistic personality! Whatever shall I do!

Sorry, just being narcissistic
Message 5 of 31 (1,016 Views)

Anonymous
@Wingmannedbro looks like I hit a nerve.
Message 6 of 31 (993 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Anonymous Are you a neurologist? :/
Message 7 of 31 (988 Views)

[ Edited ]

@GucciiWalletHave anything constructive to add? You’re the one who desperately wants rounds loaded with lower skill players because playing vs your own skill level is to hard. you then make fun of the lower skill players.. yet are the one who can’t hang at your own skill level.. at least we don’t mind playing against players of our skill level.

You won’t have much of a game for long without SBMM. People will migrate to games that are competitive for them. A handful might put in hours of play trying to get good, but most will just move on at some point. Then where will you be?

I’m spending more time in COD and even went back to BFV a bit.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 31 (981 Views)

★★ Expert

I'm gonna have to disagree ...I agree that smurf accounts suck to a certain extent cause of the "lower skilled stomp fests". But, just because someone opens up a new account to start playing the game again from scratch, their account should be deleted? Nah.... Pretty confident that the percentage of  low/mid level gamers compared to the hardcore "smurf" accounts are a hell of a lot more. So realistically, they will easily surpass the lower levels in no time. Then things will be back to normal other than running into one or two stragglers.

Heart

Message 9 of 31 (960 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BaldWraithSimp He's a rocket surgeon, pay attention!
:0)
Message 10 of 31 (936 Views)