Re: Smurf accounts are now going into ranked and ruining that

by Wingmannedbro

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@mastiffslingerIf they don’t get it sorted out I’ll be done playing. I’ve already quit in game purchases and I really want the pathfinder heirloom. But I’m not going to throw down $70 for in game purchases, in a game that is unenjoyable. I’m sick of getting 2 shot killed by pros with a wingman.

The lag is another issue. The game has been unplayable since Thursday. The event kicked off the lag and it’s not improving.

I’d rather not have these events if they are going to create lag issues. Right now my best server is Salt Lake and it’s 46 ping. But it’s playing like I have 100+ ping.

I’m sure they could identify smurf accounts. Just start deleting the ones they know are smurfs and suspending the primary account for a week. Word will travel and most people will knock it off. I’m sure they’ll cry rivers like they do about SBMM. But they have to decide what they want, them or us.

it appears they have turned SBMM off. I’m being matched with players who have 1+ Million damage and. 5k or more kills. I can assure you I’m not that good of a player. So I guess smurfing won’t matter anymore.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 21 of 31 (958 Views)

★★ Guide
@DarthValtrex No SBMM is not turned off. Average and average+ players like me stopped playing. So instead of feeding me to the pros, its feeding you to pros. I told ppl this will happen if you support SBMM, no one listened.. so now maybe you can relate, have fun in those lobbies.
Message 22 of 31 (933 Views)

★★ Novice
@Wingmannedbro clearly your one of the smurfs
Message 23 of 31 (840 Views)

@jumanjaydazed Well lets look at tonight, I've had over a dozen rounds in which I went up against teams that looked like this.. 1 smurf account below level 50, 2 high skill accounts with 20 bombs and 3000+ Kills.

Most of the games tonight has been some degree of that or another. Smurfing to circumvent SBMM will stand out like a sore thumb in numerous ways. I guess they could entirely avoid the banning by just fixing their queue system.. That would go a long ways towards dealing with it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 24 of 31 (824 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@DarthValtrex I'm not so sure it's smurf accounts. I thought so before also, but I been noticing a lot of cheating recently. I have no doubt a lot of the cheaters are caught and spoof the hardware, then reroll. My gut tells me we are seeing a lot of low level reroll cheaters.
Message 25 of 31 (799 Views)

★★★ Expert

@ZWS_DragonSlayer wrote:
@Wingmannedbroclearly your one of the smurfs

Dude, you're responding to a 4 week old comment you don't even know the context of.

And I don't have any alt accounts, smurfing on PS4 means you'd have to make additional PSN accounts and email addresses on top of the origin accounts.

Not about to make smurf accounts for sbmm whiners who are already grossly exaggerating the difficulty of pubs games in the first place.

Compared to Diamond/Predator ranked pubs games are so so easy.

Message 26 of 31 (773 Views)

★ Guide
@Wingmannedbro Laughed at how little you know.
Really go back to your day job at MCDONALD'S
Message 27 of 31 (658 Views)

Champion

@sireladio  Necro'ing a 7 month old topic with an insult is a bit on the pointless side lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 28 of 31 (625 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag at least you know all of your posts were read to find something to have a go at. Lmaoraof Large smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 29 of 31 (599 Views)

★★★ Expert

Ranked was bad long before smurfs came around.  Smurfs didn't really ruin it at all.

Basically, the idea of ranked Apex is fine, but what Apex can't seem to account for is that it allows for things that make awful team game play, in a team based game.

Although it is a different game, Overwatch suffers from the same thing...a team game that makes it suck to play like a team, and better if you just play solo.

There's really not much hope for ranked.  Either you stay home all day long to grind, are one of the very few who doesn't have to and ranks up well, or you just play suck game after suck game until you can get to a level people play all right at.  Which is maybe gold.

The problem for me is half the season is on Trash Canyon, where you are forced to play drop after drop of fistfight.  Or you solo drop and play alone, which is really the way to play that map if you don't want to torture yourself.  And by the end, it's just not fun.  Since WE was first last season, it didn't feel so bad.  Since KC was first this season, I have to say there just seems to be no point so now I just do challenges in ranked because WE is better, and then don't care about what I do after or ranking up.

Message 30 of 31 (568 Views)