Re: Smurf Accounts

by OldTreeCreeper

Original Post

★ Apprentice

There is no SBMM, I have tested it extensively. The longer you stay in a game the harder your next game will be. After a win it takes 5 "bad games" to get back to lobbies appropriate to your skill level.

This is Respawn's attempt at maximising player retention with an algorithm designed to limit your success. In my experience this algorithm has the opposite effect. Frustrated, burnt out players are the ones who stop playing, not players who regularly have fun fair games.

Smurfs would be far less common if Respawn put actual SBMM in the game instead of throwing Plat capped players into pub lobbies full of Master and Pred sweats 5/6 games.

Message 11 of 18 (260 Views)

@NickBeam27 I think they probably are destroying noob lobbies at the beginning, but after a short while they are no longer in noob lobbies. You have to get to level 10 to start ranked, so you have to make some effort to get there quick and would get put on the top lobbies of whatever level you are at, because of that. 

How many players actually do a ranked grind to master like that? Not that many I would think. Idk but there must be a much bigger issue, visible in the data, with a larger number of players creating new accounts on a constant basis, purely to farm noob pub lobbies, constantly ruining those lobbies, probably to ruin the novice experience, much like trolling. Would they put the effort in to get to level 10 before losing interest and starting afresh? 

With the accounts being free, it seems to me to be more of a moral position that has been taken to try and protect genuine  new players, as against hacks etc which is imo actual cheating, so not really opening a new bag imo.

Ranked demotion creates a smurf issue, where I was recently stomped by a premade master trio in silver III. Changing platform creates the same issue. Neither could be considered cheating imo. 

Smurfing is frowned on but I have learned its not a simple issue. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 12 of 18 (254 Views)

★★ Pro
@OldTreeCreeper I can understand your way of explaining it to me, and I get what you're saying. Thank you Ole Tree....much appreciated.
Message 13 of 18 (239 Views)

"This is the way" young @NickBeam27 Large smile

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 14 of 18 (228 Views)

Champion
@OldTreeCreeper This is the way

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 15 of 18 (226 Views)

★★ Pro
@OldTreeCreeper Young? Awhhh, thanks....I needed that at 50. I been feeling just too old these days.
Don't stop, my ego needs more. Hahaha
Message 16 of 18 (194 Views)

@NickBeam27 more? Lol OK... 56 here.

Feeling even better now? 

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 17 of 18 (173 Views)

★★ Pro
@OldTreeCreeper Awhh, yes that did it! lol
Much better now. Gratitude to you ole redwood. : )
Message 18 of 18 (121 Views)