Re: Smurf Accounts

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

Smurf Accounts

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I am so tired of constantly running into smurf accounts. Everyone knows who they are, they're the brand new accounts playing like they've been there since season 1. They're brand new yet have 4k damage badges, 20 kill badges, and always come in groups of 3. What is wrong with you people? Whats the point of SBMM if people are constantly going to cheat around it? Are you so insecure that you can't play against other teams your own skill level? It would be awesome if Respawn actually banned these players, [Edit - Admin.]

Message 1 of 18 (1,069 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I don't under the stand the report button for smurfing in this game anymore when we have streamers doing "bronze to pred" streams. Some of them actually players who play in esports for apex which is even more ironic.

Message 2 of 18 (1,060 Views)

Community Manager

@Yoko-Ono-U-Didnt 

Your post has been edited, do not suggest that again.

barry.png
Message 3 of 18 (1,022 Views)

@Yoko-Ono-U-Didnt @Sonvekk

This is the current position on smurfing afaik from apex hideouts. 

"So does this mean I can get banned for doing the “Solo to masters in all legend”?

" No. This is intended for players that abuse the system and create new accounts consistently to farm lower level lobbies. Having one smurf to do a grind like that will not get you banned" 

13.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/rspn_hideouts/status/1390020385706364929

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 4 of 18 (982 Views)

@OldTreeCreeper that's like saying, "Yes, you can CHEAT, but just this once, if you do it over and over, you will get banned."

The people who smurf can just make another account, so they can basically CHEAT INFINITLY. Ridiculous, no wonder the game is full of SMURFS, he is giving everyone permission to do it.
Message 5 of 18 (977 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SILVERisSORRY that's not my interpretation of it. The question put to Conor was about a ranked challenge. He replied

"create new accounts consistently to farm lower level lobbies."

To me, it seems to be very specifically about banning farming pub or ranked smurfs, who are specifically and persistently wipeing out lower level lobbies for whatever reason. Not ranked challenge smurfs who are passing through. 

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 6 of 18 (971 Views)

★★ Pro
@OldTreeCreeper Are they not farming technically as they are passing through in a sense? I'm not being sarcastic, generally asking a question, I am not sure, I don't play rank very much...only a few times since game launch.
Message 7 of 18 (909 Views)

@Yoko-Ono-U-Didnt The smurf accounts get bumped into the higher difficulty lobbies fairly quickly it's only a few matches and they will be in the moderate-difficult lobbies. It only takes me a few matches posting 1500-2k damage and I'm in the hard lobbies. Yet it takes me having a streak of 10+ bad matches to get lower skilled lobbies.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 18 (897 Views)

@NickBeam27 I cannot disagree with you. I used to think all smurfing was bannable, until I saw Hideouts clarification. I don't know why such a distinction was made. 

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 9 of 18 (869 Views)

★★ Pro
@OldTreeCreeper Thanks for the reply, It just seems like even passing through to "do a grind"....are they not destroying lower level players and creating the very same frustration to the exact level as someone doing it constantly to "farm" noobs while trying to reach the top of that grind?
I would take that no different as one saying, well if I use an Aim Bot hack once a month, its ok to destroy the opposition....as long as I don't use an Aim Bot hack all the time to destroy my opponents on a regular basis.

Which then opens up a whole new bag of feces on the same statement when referring to all mods, zen, marcos, scripts et cetera.
Message 10 of 18 (849 Views)