Re: Smarten up respawn

by Wingmannedbro

Original Post

Smarten up respawn

★ Guide

The new map is garbage.

Probably the worst map that will ever be released im calling it right now. The locations are bad, the layout of each place is awful.

The map is too open which makes it even worse when you take into account the charge rifle is overtuned right now. (Would be fine if it was crate drop)

Spawn rates are complete *. 4 game now (all at different locations too) and i've been screwed over hard with opening multiple caches, clearing buildings and not finding a single weapon. When i do find a weapon the guy has a better weapon then me along with blue shields while i have a RE-45 (not a bad gun with a mag upgrade)

Im honestly blown away at how you guys screw this game up at every possible turn, its like you're trying to ruin the game or something. You took away all of wraiths nerfs, (obviously a developer favorite) you constantly either double buff or double nerf everything so you have no idea if said nerf or buff was over done or not, then you take a month to makes changes again because don't want to over work your poor developers :'(

Message 1 of 18 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

It’s really funny how alot of ppl say that loot sucks while I’m finding better loot at almost every game in this map compared to King’s Canyon. Usually within 2 minutes I have blue armor, 2 guns I like with either bluebor purple extended on 1 or both and a row of targets to pick from. AND I DON’T EVEN PLAY MUCH XD.

Couple of days ago went to high loot zone... in 1 long house found norm, blue and gold armor, gold helmet and gold knockdown shield. I was like wtf xD xbox record that! Named it ‘and people say this map doesn’t have good loot’ or something like that.

And yes 1 house! Not one zone! XD

Message 2 of 18 (516 Views)

★ Guide

@Koochi-Q And that’s exactly why other people find bad loot. Having good loot concentrated in one area scarcens the other areas. Right now it’s a hit or miss. I do agree tho, when you find good loot spots, the loot is really good, but likewise if you find bad loot spots, the loot is just the worst. There should be a better distribution and also a better balance of loot in all spots, meaning if one area has good utility items, like armor, helmet, backpack etc, it should have worse guns than an area which has bad utility items but better guns. There should also be areas that have a balance between both. The reason why so many people are complaining about loot on this map is somewhat valid, because it is offset by different ways of acquiring good gear, like vaults and cargo bots. I find the loot acceptable, however i would have personally liked more verticality and accessible areas given how many tall buildings the new map has, if people want to hot drop in cities at least give them more access to possible locations in buildings and also more probability for loot without running empty handed if you land there for the sole reason to fight.

Message 3 of 18 (502 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MotherPhoker Makes 0 sense whatsoever! Cause when I did the same in King’s Canyon I could walk away with 1-3 gold items as well.

I’m not even always going to high loot zones and still find decent/good loot. Either people just really suck at searching or I’m having the best luck finding loot
Message 4 of 18 (472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

After the vaults were opened, the loot is actually quite crazy on this map, compared to KC. Quite often I have full gold mid-late game. I can't remember the last time I had that on KC.

If you can't find loot, that's mostly learn the map issue. There are guaranteed (50-90% spawn rate) purple armor spots, there are guaranteed weapon spots, cargo bots patrol the same areas, ~50% of the cargo bots have vault keys.

Whenever I see enemies shoot a blue cargo bot, I just slap my head and yell "why? I could have shot golden for ya...".

As for not finding a weapon at start of the game... That's really an l2p issue. If you can't run away after not finding a weapon, then don't land with enemies in the first place. Also you can always choose to land on the guaranteed weapon spots. Nobody is forcing you to land on 2 low-tier loot bins.

The only thing that feels a bit too inconsistently distributed is shield cells and syringes - there are some areas that literally have none of those, but that just changes tactics a bit, doesn't make the game unfun or unplayable.

Message 5 of 18 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

The new map is amazing dude, it's got 3 problems, some end circles close on out-of-bounds rocky cliffs, at certain places you need to run too far from the ring when it closes, and people can go underneath the map.

Other than that, the new map is quite literally taking Apex to a new level, the introduction of a lot more verticality is making gameplay a lot more dynamic, new structures lend themselves to climbing mechanics a lot better than S1 and S2

The lack of clutter and bushes makes it much less friendly to hiding campers in ranked, along with the new point system and cryto drone, and improved visibility is frankly what you want in a shooter, and has indirectly made Gibraltar, Lifeline, and Bloodhound better than before. (Edit: Bangalore also, her smokescreens from ult and tact were designed for the purpose of allowing your team to advance across open terrain)

The new map is more aesthetically pleasing, and has more variety in it's design. And the larger size makes it more fitting for a 60 player lobby.

I think you're just the type who never pays any attention to the plus points.

Message 6 of 18 (447 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

The new map is amazing dude, it's got 3 problems, some end circles close on out-of-bounds rocky cliffs, at certain places you need to run too far from the ring when it closes, and people can go underneath the map.

Other than that, the new map is quite literally taking Apex to a new level, the introduction of a lot more verticality is making gameplay a lot more dynamic, new structures lend themselves to climbing mechanics a lot better than S3.

The lack of clutter and bushes makes it much less friendly to hiding campers in ranked, along with the new point system and cryto drone, and improved visibility is frankly what you want in a shooter, and has indirectly made Gibraltar, Lifeline, and Bloodhound better than before.

The new map is more aesthetically pleasing, and has more variety in it's design. And the larger size makes it more fitting for a 60 player lobby.

I think you're just the type who never pays any attention to the plus points.

^^ This.

I love the new map. Much more varied gameplay options and feels very different and fresh from KC.

My only gripe (and it's only a slight one) is the colours are a bit over the top, but the way it plays is refreshing. It's changed the meta and keeps the game feeling fresh.

I get the feeling some people just don't want to learn how to play it. They are just adopting the same tactics as KC and when they don't work, blame the map.

Message 7 of 18 (436 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Finally some1 who also thinks the new map is too colorful XD (still possible to get used to it, and I just try to avoid the geyser area, since that yellow... yuck). But that's really it's only problem.  Also it's a matter of taste. Some ppl even like Samsung monitors... (they're way too oversaturated, even on minimum) Hmm, I wonder how this map looks on a Samsung on max XD.

Well maybe a few choke points are a bit too limiting, but KC had areas like that too. Planning far in advance overcomes those problems.

Message 8 of 18 (430 Views)

★ Guide

I love the new map, especially as it makes the third party slightly harder. Looking forward to jumping into kings canyon again though 

Message 9 of 18 (423 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Silz616 wrote:

^^ This.

I love the new map. Much more varied gameplay options and feels very different and fresh from KC.

My only gripe (and it's only a slight one) is the colours are a bit over the top, but the way it plays is refreshing. It's changed the meta and keeps the game feeling fresh.

I get the feeling some people just don't want to learn how to play it. They are just adopting the same tactics as KC and when they don't work, blame the map.

Yeah I agree with some area's of the map needing a little bit darker colors, i'm generally fine with the ice lava and city area's, but the geiser, and similar spots with moss growth is a little harsh on the eyes, the fluorescenet lime green could use some darker shades in the mix Thinking

Message 10 of 18 (416 Views)