Small and honest complaint

by AWOL_312

Original Post

Small and honest complaint

★★★★★ Guide

Hey lads, i just want to write down something concerning the S2 battle pass. 

I like the idea of the weekly and daily challenges because it keeps the game fresh and it's way faster to level up the BP but, from my point of view) is not really worker friendly.

This system seems built around gamers who can spend big hours daily into the game.

What i do not like is that has been taken away the chance to level up your BP earning XP's; i explaine myself better: there's still a chance to level up thru XP's but now, instead of 29500 per level as per S1, you need a huge amount of them (i am level 11 and need 54000 XP's and don't know if grows more every level).

I would like to point this out because leveling up thru the challenges sets a limitation on the number of levels we can actually grind during the day/week; at the moment i managed to do 11 level in 3 days, this are about 3.5 levels a day.

As i am able to play about half week (3.5 days roughly) this means that i will loose half of the daily challenges and will be able to grind 5-10 levels per week max; during S1 i had the same situation but during the free days i was able to get about 5-10 levels a day (35-40 levels a week) making the grindind way faster than now.

I think i am not the only one having this issue so i guess that keeping the XP's needed to level up set to 29500 as per S1 will make the grinding during S2 as fast as everyone was expecting... and without any limitation for the levels! 

Message 1 of 11 (559 Views)

Re: Small and honest complaint

★★★★★ Guide

@AWOL_312 wrote:

I like the idea of the weekly and daily challenges because it keeps the game fresh and it's way faster to level up the BP but, from my point of view) is not really worker friendly.

This system seems built around gamers who can spend big hours daily into the game.

What i do not like is that has been taken away the chance to level up your BP earning XP's; i explaine myself better: there's still a chance to level up thru XP's but now, instead of 29500 per level as per S1, you need a huge amount of them (i am level 11 and need 54000 XP's and don't know if grows more every level).

I would like to point this out because leveling up thru the challenges sets a limitation on the number of levels we can actually grind during the day/week; at the moment i managed to do 11 level in 3 days, this are about 3.5 levels a day.

As i am able to play about half week (3.5 days roughly) this means that i will loose half of the daily challenges and will be able to grind 5-10 levels per week max; during S1 i had the same situation but during the free days i was able to get about 5-10 levels a day (35-40 levels a week) making the grindind way faster than now.

I think i am not the only one having this issue so i guess that keeping the XP's needed to level up set to 29500 as per S1 will make the grinding during S2 as fast as everyone was expecting... and without any limitation for the levels! 

''This system seems built around gamers who can spend big hours daily into the game.''

We still talking about apex legends here?

Nothing in apex legends rewards players that spend big hours daily in the game.

Apex legends is the absolute worst rewarding players that play the game a lot.

The community that is loyal to apex legends gets a a big finger if you spend more time then BP lvl 110.

I have 150K points now and i can't use them for anything, Unless i spend 18,- !!!!!!!!! on a skin so i can upgrade it.

Apex legends is 99% pull your wallet if you want something other then just play the game.

I do agree with you on the challenge system, It sucks but not because its for the daily big hours player. But because it forces me to play legends and do things i don't want to do.

And i have to do them because i need the levels. I payed for it....

Message 2 of 11 (541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@DaAceXD wrote:

@AWOL_312 wrote:

''This system seems built around gamers who can spend big hours daily into the game.''

We still talking about apex legends here?

Nothing in apex legends rewards players that spend big hours daily in the game.

Apex legends is the absolute worst rewarding players that play the game a lot.

The community that is loyal to apex legends gets a a big finger if you spend more time then BP lvl 110.

I have 150K points now and i can't use them for anything, Unless i spend 18,- !!!!!!!!! on a skin so i can upgrade it.

Apex legends is 99% pull your wallet if you want something other then just play the game.

I do agree with you on the challenge system, It sucks but not because its for the daily big hours player. But because it forces me to play legends and do things i don't want to do.

And i have to do them because i need the levels. I payed for it....

You are right. 

Edit: not players who spend big hours into the game (even because when i am free i am one of them) but players who can actually play every day.

I would like to have the chance to level up as much as i want once i am done with the challenges, trying to keep the gap between myself and who plays every day as little as possible. 

Message 3 of 11 (534 Views)

★ Pro

This is the last BP i buy, played 3 hours last night, many many kills, 5 or so win, top 5 in ranked about every game, and i leveled up once... why? Because im playing ranked and want to win, not complete stupid * challenges! When i heard about S2 challeneges i thought they'd be an addition, NOT THE ONLY WAY, ridiculous!

Message 4 of 11 (511 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Jem450R wrote:

This is the last BP i buy, played 3 hours last night, many many kills, 5 or so win, top 5 in ranked about every game, and i leveled up once... why? Because im playing ranked and want to win, not complete stupid * challenges! When i heard about S2 challeneges i thought they'd be an addition, NOT THE ONLY WAY, ridiculous!

I got you but this want to be a feedback that most luckily will be taken under consideration, not a post where to spit our frustration out; for that there are plenty of threads already! 

Message 5 of 11 (501 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@AWOL_312 wrote:

I do get your point but you’ve got it twisted around. S1 was for players who could spend endless hours. This one’s more worker friendly and lemme explain why. 

Yes last season 29K per BP level and only way was to grind grind and more Tony Hawk grind. This time around, and this is the misconception that’s running rampant from what I can see on these forums, is that it’s easier instead of faster. It’s easier due to the challenges, but the BP levels are longer. 

Unless you have less than 10 hours of playtime each week it will be difficult to actually rank up. But I reckon that most ppl have more hours than that even with a fulltime job and other responsibilities. The challenges set you up for like 7-10 levels a week and with completing every other daily which isn’t really that bad that should net you lvl 100 within 10 weeks. So basically the end of the season. This is without taking into consideration events that will happen like double exp or a timed event, match exp and the exp boosts. 

This is easier in my eyes for workers because they can spend as little as 1h a day for the dailies if they already did weekly challenges. If your family hounds you, just look at them crazy eyed and say: give me one hour! :P

so I wrote a well versed comment but this wonky site wouldn’t let me do 2 bold texts so did the iphone bold text and when I wanted to submit I got the hyperline error and half my comment was cut... so if this looks rushed my apologies

Message 6 of 11 (454 Views)

★★★ Guide
@AWOL_312 the game don't show it but you get XP for BP.
Message 7 of 11 (439 Views)

★ Pro

You get BP for XP but takes hella longer, and i get what the other fella is  saying about it not taking as long, IF you focus on the challenges... which detracts from the actual game... 

Message 8 of 11 (427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@ElBirri wrote:
@AWOL_312the game don't show it but you get XP for BP.

I never say it doens't but it takes 54000 XP's/stars to level up.

Message 9 of 11 (415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Koochi-Q wrote:

@AWOL_312 wrote:

I do get your point but you’ve got it twisted around. S1 was for players who could spend endless hours. This one’s more worker friendly and lemme explain why. 

Yes last season 29K per BP level and only way was to grind grind and more Tony Hawk grind. This time around, and this is the misconception that’s running rampant from what I can see on these forums, is that it’s easier instead of faster. It’s easier due to the challenges, but the BP levels are longer. 

Unless you have less than 10 hours of playtime each week it will be difficult to actually rank up. But I reckon that most ppl have more hours than that even with a fulltime job and other responsibilities. The challenges set you up for like 7-10 levels a week and with completing every other daily which isn’t really that bad that should net you lvl 100 within 10 weeks. So basically the end of the season. This is without taking into consideration events that will happen like double exp or a timed event, match exp and the exp boosts. 

This is easier in my eyes for workers because they can spend as little as 1h a day for the dailies if they already did weekly challenges. If your family hounds you, just look at them crazy eyed and say: give me one hour! :P

so I wrote a well versed comment but this wonky site wouldn’t let me do 2 bold texts so did the iphone bold text and when I wanted to submit I got the hyperline error and half my comment was cut... so if this looks rushed my apologies

Thanks, you made a good point.

They said it was going to be faster, not easier and that's why i brought up my point. 

Before, during S1, i could've do about 10 levels a day and now, even spending a full 10 hours on it the max i can reach is about 5 levels due to the limitation of the daily/weekly challenges; not to mention that you need too many stars to level up even a single level so, even tho, for me it is way more difficult to grind this BP! 

Message 10 of 11 (413 Views)