Re: Slow Motion Servers

by ChocotrocoCL

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

That really sounds like client side issue then (same as with the sounds not playing if game is not on SSD). I've never ever had the lags before I jump out of the plane. This leads to a conclusion though, that my assumption that everyone is experiencing it is wrong - ppl with better PC's should experience it less. But then I wonder how does it work when a slow person meets a fast one :S (I've never seen some1 moving super slow when I was not or vice versa).

Message 11 of 18 (250 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Running into slow mo more and more.

Bith Titanfalls run pretty smooth .

Cheap server's are cheap. 

Message 12 of 18 (246 Views)

★★★ Guide
It the problem where on clientside, i would be the only one affected. But in the cases of slow motion from start, it affects everyone. Me and my whole squad and everyone in the match. That would be if one client can affect a whole server, but a config like that would be redicilous. :P

So i'm not alone when it happens. I will try to get my friend to post his recording of the game.

The upside is that you have so much time to aim, that every shot is a headshot. :P
Message 13 of 18 (237 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

It can be client-side and still affect everyone equally. E.g., imagine a line of code (client side): "slow game down, if 10 players within 1km distance". Most of the 11 players would be experiencing that slowdown when they group up. And if a squad moves together, they would all be affected equally.

Of course, the reality is probably not a line of intentional bad code, but the idea is that client-side doesn't mean that everyone can't be experiencing the same thing at the same time.

IF this problem IS actually client side and PC-dependent then it is a very serious problem giving a huge disadvantage to anyone with weaker PC's.

Message 14 of 18 (228 Views)

★★★ Guide
Hence me doubting it can be clientside at all. Because it seems to affect the whole server, not a limited zone of the map. You clearly see it when you drop as well.

Since EA run their game servers of Amazon, wich are not gaming servers, and where never made to host gaming servers. You have issues there alone. Could be some of the their servers that is hosting a game or two that can't handle the incoming requests and actually slow the whole thing down as a solution, to be able to handle the incoming data?

I'm no network engineer here, but i do know when it is on server side and not client, in most cases. :P this is one of those cases.
Message 15 of 18 (216 Views)

★ Apprentice

is * ever gonna get fixed?

Message 16 of 18 (190 Views)

★★ Pro

i read on a hacker forum that super speed bug has sync issues that ruin the game for them. sync with the servers i think. so what may be happening and im not sure though is that there is a speed hacker whos hack is ruining the sync with the servers not only for themselves but for everyone. speedhack makes the game slow for everyone regardless if theyre hacking or not.

Message 17 of 18 (184 Views)

★ Guide

look like EA need upgrading for their servers. install threadripper.

Message 18 of 18 (166 Views)