Slide Indicator

by KillWise

Original Post

Slide Indicator

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I think it would be good to have an indicator for the availability to slide.

Currently, having issues wherein fights I would like to slide but instead, I just crouch and get decimated. 

Or in another case, I would slide but only for a foot or so at a very slow speed and I would feel like an idiot for even trying to slide.

I believe some, if not many, Apex gamers would agree that dying like this is ridiculous. 

So to help Apex gamers have a better sense of when a proper power slide can be performed, I propose the following:

Sound Indication (SI):

SI #1 - Single sound

-  A ping or soft sound that would indicate that a full power slide can be performed.

- I think this limits the slide options. Maybe someone would want to do a half-power slide in a certain circumstance, If there is only one sound for max, they would be able to determine half waypoint.

SI #2 - Gradient sound

- A sound when sprinting that would gradually increase determining the power of the power slide.

- This may help but in my experience within the game, I know the sound is very game deciding factor in victory and gameplay. Having a sound that increases in volume may be disturbing for some player. I assume many PRO players would hate it.

Vibration Indication (VibI):

*GamePad with Vibration Players Only*

VibI #1 - Single vibration

- A vibration for a full power slide.

- Has the same limitations as the SI #1 but will remove the distraction of an extra sound to keep in mind for players.

VibI #2 - Gradient vibration

- While sprinting, vibration gradually increases to determine the sliding strength.

- May become annoying since sprinting is very frequent.

Visual Indication (VisI):

VisI #1 - Power Slide Bar

- A bar that indicates the strength of a slide.

- Location of this bar will be at your discretion. I think the best place would be under the cross-hair and would vary in opaqueness in certain circumstances.

- Depending on the size, it may become a visual hindrance for people. That opacity control is necessary. 

VisI #2 - Screen Edges Indicator

- Much like the visuals when Bangalore's Passive activates, streaks of white flashes all round the screen edges but, instead of being instant, the streaks gradually increase in intensity in proportion with slide strength / running speed.

- Depending on how intrusive it is, it may become a visual hindrance if it catches the player's eyes too much or blocks key visuals.

I think VisI #1 is the best way to go at it.

Anyways, these are just my suggestions and I think the Apex Legends Population would appreciate it.

I understand the implementation of an indicator like these is ultimately up to Respawn/EA.

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,

KillWise

Message 1 of 1 (180 Views)