Skill based matchmaking makes badges unobtainable

by ErectRainbow

Original Post

Re: Skill based matchmaking makes badges unobtainable

★★★★★ Pro
@ErectRainbow Hey just curious why Bloodhound is the most difficult character to play? He is my main, I've never realised this.
Message 11 of 65 (794 Views)

★★ Guide

Lets just face it: SBMM sucks and doesnt work AT ALL at the moment.

I know they wont, but i really hope they just take it out altogether.

But hopefully they adjust it atleast..

Message 12 of 65 (782 Views)

★ Guide

There's so much wrong with this map and this season.

You best believe that when King's Canyon after dark comes out i'll be putting in 12 hour and even 16 hour days if it doesnt involve the community cancerously camping in dark corners and stuff

Playing ranked for a 20 bomb has it's own set of problems.  People camp a lot more and move a lot less and thirst mercilessly and with no regard for longevity.  Though i guess i would be easier still because theres a shortage of skilled players.  I've rarely touched ranked all season so maybe i'll try it towards the end to ensure that the only people left are absolute noobs going nowhere as everyone starts the grind before the season ends

Im not worried about the 4k badge.  To me the badge has lost all value.  All the damage badges had.  I played a game with these 2 dudes that were perfectly content with sniping at a squad and i had an anvil reciever and got off at least 2000 damage alone.  Thats not skilled to me.  I could easily get a 4k it would just require a playstyle change to the polar opposite.  Currently i push everything with 2 ARs or an AR and an SMG.

Yes, I could easily boost.  Anyone on this thread can.  And pretend to be the legend others will take them for.  But that doesnt sit right with me and i want to have the video as proof.  When the vast majority of the players got their badges in King's Canyon, and now the rest are boosting because you've made them unobtainable, you have failed as a game developer.  You have failed as a game developer RESPAWN.  I'm calling you out directly.  You've made an atrocious appease the noobs shell of what this game used to be and thats unacceptable.  This used to be the best battle royale.  I hope your player numbers are dropping that critically if you had to cook up this event.  The noobs and the casual players don't spent 500 dollars on the wraith heirloom you bottom feeders.

Message 13 of 65 (771 Views)

★ Pro

@NaRnIaaa wrote:

another topic to complain about the sbmm....and it comes from another guy who plays 24/7, it's time to realize that the sbmm is fine, you guys just play way too much

Yep. 

Message 14 of 65 (752 Views)

★ Guide

I'd be willing to bet if you measured the surface area of everyone's head Bloodhound's would be the biggest.  And his player model is so big and easy to hit.  He doesnt have defensive or escaping abilities.  He has his ultimate which helps him move faster atleast but IT'S SO LOUD so when you pop it dont plan on hiding because anyone within 100 meters can hear you.  The only huge advantage is being able to preaim people around corners but when that recharges every 35 seconds and you cant fire or cancel while doing it it doesnt even help much.  Its so situation.  Bloodhound can track people but his ultimate is the loudest player thing in the game.  So it defeats the point of steal too.  So many things need buffs and reworks but they would rather turn Gibraltar into lifeline instead of addressing real problems.  

Skill based matchmaking is an awful awful awful awful awful awful awful concept for a game that's almost all luck and no skill.  Or rng, since youre in denial about having more luck than the rest of us.  At high skill levels a player that lands on an r99 is going to absolutely destroy you.  You have literally no chance of survival.  And thats all upper skill level matchmaking is.  I dont expect you to understand because youre not highly skilled so you dont get immediately wrecked because you didnt land on a gun and body shield.

Message 15 of 65 (742 Views)

★ Guide

I don't know about waiting for the reset man. The SBMM algorithm is so bs it still exists even in ranked. I switched back to xbox after playing ps4 for like 6 months so i was in a bronze lobby. I got like a 14 and 12 game kill within 3 games and then I was playing against players with 20 kill and 4k badges in my bronze lobby lmao. It was still sweat. Overall it is easier because the number of players with that level of skill in low lobbies dwindle but they will still try and match up all the high skill players in low level ranked. I know it is true because my girlfriend plays this game almost every day but her skill level is significantly worse than mine. She quit playing with me because the lobbies were way out of her level. Playing by herself without teaming up she consistently every season makes it to the platinum levels with a k/d of around 0.7. I watch her lobbies in ranked in gold and early platinum and it shocks me at how poor so many of the players are. My bronze lobbies are (dead serious) harder than her gold and platinum lobbies. It is crazy. In her lobbies they loot for ever, wander around without purpose, miss easy shots and don't rush gunfire half as often. No matter what tier I play in there is always teams pushing. It is like all the skill players that don't really play ranked have the same idea to wait until they are in gold and under lobbies and then drop hot trying for badges. The problem is that there a bunch of other players in that lobby with above average to high skill trying to do the same exact thing lmao. 

Message 16 of 65 (596 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ErectRainbow With all the playing Time you kids have these days. Why complain about skill matchmaking when your just like the other players. I won 2 games tonight with randoms and I was the bait.
Message 17 of 65 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@67vasile  Out of interest whats your average gaming session length and how frequently do you play?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 18 of 65 (570 Views)

@67vasile People shouldn't gripe about SBMM because they have a lot of playtime!?  Unassailable logic.  :eyeroll:

Message 19 of 65 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@SacrificialSlothI guess his point is that a player with 10h playtime per day is mostly better than a player with 2 h per week... sbmm protects the bots from getting grinded. The system does what it’s made for, still stunning to me that some people really wanna run over newer players lol...

the 4K badge should be easy to get still for everyone with some kind of skill, just play ranked arround plat -diamond and enjoy the sniperbattles Wink will get harder for sure above that since people just run you over but up to that point and below it’s free dmg farming with tt and charge rifle

Message 20 of 65 (557 Views)