Skill based matchmaking makes badges unobtainable

by ErectRainbow

Original Post

Skill based matchmaking makes badges unobtainable

★ Guide

I'm a Bloodhound main with 10000 kills and I dont have the 20 kill badge.  Admittedly Bloodhound is the hardest character to play and get a 20 kill badge with.  But the problem isnt the character or my ability it's the lobbies i'm trapped in.

I cannot find teammates in the looking for group posts that can handle the lobbies i'm put into.  I've faced the majority of xbox's best players and killed at least half of them, but that means nothing to anyone without the badge.  So i'm stuck with teammates that can't take on these players that i'm matched against because players with the 4k damage badge and the 20 kill badge arent interested, when those are the players i should be playing with.  I have friends with the 4k and 20 kill badge that cant handle the lobbies i'm put in.  People tell me lets switch it to ranked predator lobbies are easier than this.  Predator lobbies?  Easier than casual?

I've been trying to get the 20 kill badge by landing ultra hot(usually at capitol or sorting) and getting as many kills as i can and immediately rotating and thanks to skill based matchmaking and skill based matchmaking ONLY i've run into 2 issues.  I get my 3-5 kills and leave and get immediately pooped on by a full squad all with 4k 20bombs and 20000 kills.  And this is the better outcome.  The other outcome is by the time I've gotten out of capitol or sorting factory there's 6 squads left.  Six.  Including mine.  

Everyone i know smurfs or boosts.  Thats just a given.  Any streamers i follow have just barely been able to scrape up 20 kills this season, and theyre at the top of the totem pole.  And this is before the skill based matchmaking update.  Since the update it's almost impossible for them, let alone for me, who is playing in their lobbies but admittedly not as good.  

I should not have to boost or smurf to play with people at my skill level who have probably boosted because i score consistently better than them anyways.

Message 1 of 65 (5,635 Views)

Re: Skill based matchmaking makes badges unobtainable

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@ErectRainbowwell... that's what SBMM does.. pit you against players around your level (above or below).

Besides, don't players usually get aid in getting a 4k badge or 20 bomb? Like players who just carry the meds for the main act and or just assist with shots but never kill?

EDIT

Curios because I've gotten 15 kills before and not 20 because my teammates got about 10+ kills themselves, making it hard to even get 20K unless they give me their kills. 

Message 2 of 65 (5,624 Views)

★ Guide

Best i've been able to do is 15 as well.  In the kind of lobbies i play in it's very hard to wipe a squad alone.  Helping eachother comes with it's own prices such as your teammates getting kills in self defense.  Even an enemy with a broken shield can easily take down 2 or 3 people.  I've wiped squads without having my shield broken.  It used to work like that yeah in season 1 but doesnt work like that anymore.  At least at this level.  Its not realistic.  Honestly it's not realistic to let one person try and take every gunfight when squads are coordinating and calling out and teamshotting

Message 3 of 65 (5,616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

A larger map with fewer total locations also doesn't help with getting 20 bombs. Most people get eliminated in the 4 meat grinders early on. Capitol, sorting, trainyard, and to a lesser extent Skyhook.

What also makes it even harder is that 99% of the player base is no longer players who don't play shooters like during the launch weeks and the first three months after.

No shortage of complete potato's back then. King's Canyon also had way better rotations for 20 bombs.

[Edit] forgot to add, I had a game yesterday where only 7 squads were remaining before the first ring shrink. Literally with the whole map accessible.

Message 4 of 65 (5,589 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ErectRainbow If I had to make an educated guess, I would say 95% of the people who have the badge got it in Kings Canyon and before the SBMM was introduced
Message 5 of 65 (5,576 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@ErectRainbow it’s like  @IAmTheMeddler stated. Most likely got it in KC cause it’s god awful hard to get it now what with all the areas you got to traverse.

Seeing as you’ve got 10k+ kills I’m assuming you played KC. If this event lets you net badges and kills/wins I’d suggest you wait for KC at night. You’ll likely be more victorious there for a couple of reasons. 1) not everyone has played KC so you’ll know where to go based of your previous experience. 2) Even more players will come for this game mode likely so more fresh meat. 3) Skull town (need I say more? XD). 4) It’s at night so you’ll have more cover of the night so even harder for others to see you so more chances to get away or kill without being seen. Lastly 5) you’re bloodhound so where others might be blinded by the dark, you’ll have your tactical which light up everything and you’re psychopathic killer mode which still strikes fear in the hearts of men! Use that to your advantage! Especially if you have the scarecrow skin :P

I kinda know how you feel. I’ve never even tried to go for the 20 kill but have gotten 16 kill games in KC. The one I’m dissapointed about is the Triple Triple badge (kill all members of 3 squads in one game). I’ve gotten 2 with bloodhound since KC... what’s worse is that on characters I hardly play with I’ve also randomly have 2/3... like pathfinder... and one of the games that still gives me nightmares is where I killed 2 squads alone... seriously my teammates kept dying or weren’t around... I was with the last two from the third team... knocked the second to the last, shot the last guy well but got 3 PK blast and died while I know that guy had less than 40 health left...

I’m amazed I didn’t break the sound barrier that day XD. To say I almost lost my mind would be putting it lightly... I always hated the PK after the initial nerfs but that day... ohhh Allfighter give me strength!

Well good luck and happy hunting.

Message 6 of 65 (5,518 Views)

@ErectRainbow I can honestly understand where you’re coming from. Wish I could offer advice or help, but this way above my skill level.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 65 (5,512 Views)

★★★ Guide

Wait for tanked season reset.  If you are not pred you reset to gold. Wait couple weeks and the lobby's should be easy enough.  Got two 20 bombs after last reset. If you pred already it might be harder to get a 20b on plat lobby's.  You can still get 4k damage and 10 kills team work which are harder to get and highly respected.  4k should be easy specially in high skill lobby's.  Charge rifle and scout early to mid game. R99 wingman mid to late game. Back to charge rifle r99 late late game.  Did the work for me. We are prob playing in the same lobby's.  

Message 8 of 65 (5,494 Views)

★★★★ Guide

another topic to complain about the sbmm....and it comes from another guy who plays 24/7, it's time to realize that the sbmm is fine, you guys just play way too much

Message 9 of 65 (5,448 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Badges are pointless anyway.  Especially when a large percentage of people who got the hard ones cheated, cheesed or colluded to do so.

Message 10 of 65 (5,434 Views)