Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Single Player or only Multiplayer?

by Borealys

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Single Player or only Multiplayer?

★★★★ Novice

I haven't seen this anywhere, so forgive me if its already been posted our announced, but is Anthem going to be Single Player as well or just Multiplayer? The game looks AMAZING and makes me want to upgrade my TV and Xbox to 4K capability.

Message 1 of 21 (42,934 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Single Player or only Multiplayer?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Definitely both!

See this from Windows Central:

2. Anthem accommodates both solo and co-op play

When first revealed at E3, the vertical-slice of Anthem gameplay heavily revolved around the cooperative multiplayer features of its sandbox. Featuring scripted interactions between friends as a part of the demo, communication and teamwork were portrayed as integral to the intended experience.

Shortly after the reveal, Corey Gaspur, lead designer on Anthem, assured fans that the game will also accommodate solo players. Designed with both single-player and cooperative parties in mind, players can supposedly "enjoy an amazing BioWare story and explore an incredible open world," regardless of their allies (or lack thereof).

Exactly how Anthem will handle single-player is yet to be disclosed, though this will assumedly be near-identical to cooperative play. Like similar games on the market, we can expect shared-world content to adapt for both solo players and groups.

It's also safe to assume Anthem will be an entirely online experience, forcing those playing solo to still connect to game servers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 21 (54,614 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Definitely both!

See this from Windows Central:

2. Anthem accommodates both solo and co-op play

When first revealed at E3, the vertical-slice of Anthem gameplay heavily revolved around the cooperative multiplayer features of its sandbox. Featuring scripted interactions between friends as a part of the demo, communication and teamwork were portrayed as integral to the intended experience.

Shortly after the reveal, Corey Gaspur, lead designer on Anthem, assured fans that the game will also accommodate solo players. Designed with both single-player and cooperative parties in mind, players can supposedly "enjoy an amazing BioWare story and explore an incredible open world," regardless of their allies (or lack thereof).

Exactly how Anthem will handle single-player is yet to be disclosed, though this will assumedly be near-identical to cooperative play. Like similar games on the market, we can expect shared-world content to adapt for both solo players and groups.

It's also safe to assume Anthem will be an entirely online experience, forcing those playing solo to still connect to game servers.

Message 2 of 21 (54,615 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Omgomgomg...

Thats fantastic!

I'm not concerned about having to still connect to game servers to play solo. I mean, heck, I still have to do that when playing backwards compat ME/ME2/ME3 Standard smile This is the type of game that really does make me want to upgrade my older TV to a 4K AND get an XB1X lol

Thank you for the information, I appreciate it!

Message 3 of 21 (42,855 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Both for sure, but kinda prefer multiplayer.

Need my brother to be hyped as well and then lets go.

already got several colleagues at work and some rl friends whom will play as well.

In total we will be around 20 gamers so forming a squad wont be difficult I hope. Standard smile

Message 4 of 21 (42,795 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I truly want to see a robust game that supports both single and multiplayer. In essence, I would love to see some single player missions. Not missions that you could do single handed at some point based on your power, but actual must be performed alone. 

This opens the avenue to single player challenges with high rewards, allows missions that can still progress the story of the game,  and is a safe harbor for those lone wolf players. 

Message 5 of 21 (42,386 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I know that Anthem will support co op pay but, what i really want to know is if we will we be able to explore the open world online with other people from around the world within the same lobby...so to speak after we have finished the campaign like many other games do. Also can you explain to what people mean when saying its a shared open world, what exactly does that mean.

Message 6 of 21 (40,907 Views)

I expect we'll find out more from EA Play in June.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 7 of 21 (40,891 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok thanks. I do hope that this will a ONLINE game. Am crossing my fingers...haha

Message 8 of 21 (40,859 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Hey, Quick question on this topic, are you sure we'll have to connect to the servers to play, because for xbox i'm pretty sure that requires you to have Xbox Live, and for those who can't afford, or those who run out, i'd like to know that we still are able to access it from a individual position.

Message 9 of 21 (40,536 Views)

@Cameron_Parris1

Nothing official has been 100% confirmed either way, but all reports are listing this as an Online game in the mold of Destiny type of game.  Basically you will have to be online to play, but you can do single player stuff while online in the greater world.  By this I mean, you can go out and hunt/fight/explore as a single individual or as a group member, BUT it is said to be an Online game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 21 (40,528 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help