[Single Player] Weapon/Armor loot drop question

by Threepsie

Original Post

[Single Player] Weapon/Armor loot drop question

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hello,

A quick question. I recently started playing ME:A again (love it, btw!) and finished the story mission on Eos. While doing so, I noticed that the loot encountered in the containers / obtained from enemies are ALWAYS a combination of consumables (20%)  / crafting material (10%) / junk to vendor (70%), but barely any weapon/armor drops. In over 6-7 hours of gameplay I only encountered 1x weapon (freeze gauntlets found in a crate in the Eos Atmosphere building). All other weapons owned by me were researched and crafted.

My first assumption was that this might be level related, but my character is currently level 12 and am not seeing any difference on the new planets.

This makes me wonder: is this intended? I recall from my last playthrough (years ago) that weapons dropped quite frequently, and needed to be recycled or sold to get / buy new materials).

Is there another mechanism associated with loot drops (i.e. does the weapon / armor / consumable need to be researched first before it can be found / unlocked in the loot caches?

Many thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (676 Views)

Re: [Single Player] Weapon/Armor loot drop question

I know the upgrade items that you use during crafting have to be researched before you can find them.  I don't personally know if the same follows with guns and stuff.  Usually I am using crafted items so much, that I recycle/sell without thinking about it.

Wouldn't surprise me if you did have to research them, but I do seem to remember getting stuff without it.  Haven't played in awhile, so can't say with any certainty either way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3 (651 Views)

Re: [Single Player] Weapon/Armor loot drop question

★ Guide

Other than the freeze gauntlet I dont recall getting many weapons/armor from chests, they mostly come from fallen enemies. I dont think the item needs researched to be dropped as I get Kett weapons but dont use them. Given created weapons are so much better I never use the dropped ones. 

Message 3 of 3 (619 Views)