Re: Single Player DLC??

by Kondaru

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Single Player DLC??

★★ Apprentice

Fun of series and i have to say "" It was a BIG Jumb Fellas with great success"". For your funs from Mass Effect series i can say you did a great job.

Ok i agree for some technical issues with some little Bugs or face animation etc, but be serius guys the game is perfect and they did great job.

The only problem for me is you dont anounce something about NEXT (DLC or something) about single story (single DLC) and as i see you focus only at multiplayer.

With regards to more single-player, story-focused downloadable content, BioWare has yet to confirm anything. For now, it’s just a case of waiting for the announcement. Worry, or not?? I though, the Andromeda galaxy has plenty of quests and exploration to keep us busy for quite some time but what after??. 

Message 1 of 12 (1,283 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that there are a few not-so-subtle hints in the endgame that could lead to potential DLC paths. If/when there's any news on such content we'll be sure to let folks know.

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 12 (1,279 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I am loving the game (now at 55 hours), the exploring and discovery, dealing with the Initiative politics, over coming environmental hazards, and creating settlements where multiple species can thrive.  Also the combat is really great.  I also really like the crafting system and the multitude of weapons/armor that can be created.  There's a good balance between social interaction, exploration, and combat.  And the fact that they have 5 levels of difficulty makes MEA accessable to everyone.

I don't think the game is perfect, but it doesn't deserve the bashing it gets.  As far as the animations go, I think that whole issue is blown way out of proportion.  I rarely even notice it or think about when I'm in the game.

I rarely play in multiplayer, so I'm also looking forward to single player story-based DLC.  If they treat this game like DA:I, it will probably have at least 3 major story DLCs.  But as they are currently optimizing and catching bugs, I wouldn't look for a DLC until at least late summer to early fall.  But have no fear, they will make them, Bioware has always created good DLCs.

Message 2 of 12 (1,271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Expectations were very high for this game. So when facial animations were not up to par -- especially after five years of development -- it definitely was going to be news.

As for DLC, I think EA/BioWare will take a "wait and see" attitude. Disappointing word of mouth (and reviews) slowed down a lot of forward momentum Andromeda may have had. I'm positive one DLC will be offered and depending on how well it sells two more may follow. Dragon Age II, for example had plans for three DLC's but only released two: "Legacy" and "Mark of the Assassin". A third which was going to deal with the Exalted March was cancelled due to low sales of the previous two but ended up as part of Dragon Age Inquisition (Exalted Plains).

As mentioned on other threads, BioWare will be making an announcement this Tuesday (4/4) regarding the feedback they've received on Andromeda and what steps (if any) will be taken to "improve everyone's experience with MEA." Let's see what happens.

Message 3 of 12 (1,260 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, I think they will take the approach they took with ME3 and the finale where they basically gave absolute priority to fine-tuning that and pushed all future DLC back until it was done. I'm guessing the same will happen here where they will want to fix the bigger issues and bugs, maybe even the facial animations which will probably take a lot of time cause it's not a small coding job but a pretty big one, and only after that sell new DLC. Just to avoid the whole "OH THEY SELL A BROKEN GAME AND NOW THEY WANT US TO SPEND MONEY ON DLC BEFORE THEY FIX IT"meme that would happen otherwise.

I'm bummed, too, cause I really want new story DLC but I'm sure any announcement on that will now be pushed back and avoided for now.

Message 4 of 12 (1,228 Views)

★ Guide

Well technically nobody is really safe at the end of the main story arc, minus one bad guy but there is still a horde of others to fight and its only a cluster of the andromeda galaxy at the current point, so unless a complete sequel is planned to continue where this game ends, there is alot stuff for dlc´s to come.

Message 5 of 12 (1,222 Views)

★★ Novice

i hope they bring out a few DLC's. at the epilogue in the crashed hyperion there is a terminal and a guy next to it and it hints to a quarian ark as well as mentions the drell, hanar, elcor etc. so who knows, we may see a DLC adding those as well as killing the archon's second in command and stuff.

Message 6 of 12 (1,176 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I agree with the want to have story DLC! 

Loving the game, all of it. Yeah facial animation could have been better, but after I while it doesn't bother me any more.

I focus on exploring, quests and the fun it brings! 

Message 7 of 12 (1,174 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that there are a few not-so-subtle hints in the endgame that could lead to potential DLC paths. If/when there's any news on such content we'll be sure to let folks know.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 12 (1,280 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I just hope that the Quarian Arc's name is not "Exalted March"...   :-(

Message 9 of 12 (1,132 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tomorrow 4/4/2017 there is supposed to be official information on DLC. https://twitter.com/bioware/status/847244079159103488

Message 10 of 12 (1,094 Views)