Re: Sims 4 using my login. Can other users on the same pc play the game?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 using my login. Can other users on the same pc play the game?

★★★ Newbie

If I download a game like Sims 4 using my login. Can other users on the same pc play the game?

Message 1 of 4 (4,208 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Superman5433  That's all fine, and it will work as long as only one person is online in your Origin account at a time.  You can download your games on as many computers as you like, or launch it in as many Windows user profiles as you like; it makes no difference to how Origin runs.  Just make sure that each daughter fully logs out of Origin when she's done, or the other one might not be able to login under her own user profile.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (4,131 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@Superman5433  To play Sims 4, a person has to be logged into an Origin account that owns the game; having it installed on the computer isn't enough.  So say that you and a sibling each had a separate Origin account, and both accounts owned Sims 4.  You could download the game once, and each of you could login to your own account and play on that one computer.  But if your sibling's Origin account didn't own Sims 4, they couldn't play.

This also goes for any packs that are installed: if the Origin account doesn't own them, the packs won't load in-game.  That's true regardless of whether the packs are installed on the computer.

Message 2 of 4 (4,161 Views)

★★★ Newbie

but, if I use the same origin user name, on different PC USERS PROFILES, they could still play it?

Example: I buy it with my origin user profile, I log into my daughters PC user and utilize my personel origin account. She could play it? Then my other daughter, ligs in to her PC USER PROFILE, and I log into my Origin account. She can play it?

All of this in the same PC, just different PC user profiles, all using my origins account.

Message 3 of 4 (4,149 Views)

@Superman5433  That's all fine, and it will work as long as only one person is online in your Origin account at a time.  You can download your games on as many computers as you like, or launch it in as many Windows user profiles as you like; it makes no difference to how Origin runs.  Just make sure that each daughter fully logs out of Origin when she's done, or the other one might not be able to login under her own user profile.

Message 4 of 4 (4,132 Views)