Sims 4 Discover University Not Showing Up in game play.

by etajohnson

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Discover University Not Showing Up in game play.

★ Novice

I have purchase sims 4 with some expansion packs and one of those includes sims 4 discover university.. it says its downloaded and everything but when I go to play the game university doesn't show up at all. I have played it before on a different computer so I know how its supposed to look. my sims can't apply for scholarships and the university city doesn't exist.. I just need to know how to make it work or either how to uninstall that pack. 

Message 1 of 5 (710 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Discover University Not Showing Up in game play.

@etajohnson  Are you running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4?  No packs released after October 2019, including Discover University, work in the LE.

If you're not sure what version you have, load the game to the Main Menu, where you can choose to load a save or start a new one, and look along the bottom of the screen, or in the lower right corner.  Please list the entire version number, i.e. 1.xx.xx.xxxx.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (692 Views)

All Replies

@etajohnson  Are you running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4?  No packs released after October 2019, including Discover University, work in the LE.

If you're not sure what version you have, load the game to the Main Menu, where you can choose to load a save or start a new one, and look along the bottom of the screen, or in the lower right corner.  Please list the entire version number, i.e. 1.xx.xx.xxxx.

Message 2 of 5 (693 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict ok this I'll check and keep doing what your doing. It could really help people like me.
Message 3 of 5 (685 Views)

★ Novice

I have the LE so what do i do about it? Do I have to delete the sims 4?

Message 4 of 5 (683 Views)

@etajohnson  You don't have to uninstall Sims 4.  If you want to be able to play with Discover University, the question is whether your computer can support the standard version of the game.  I can double-check that for you, if you're not sure.  If your computer runs Windows, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you have a Mac, please list its full specs: click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen, select About This Mac, and list everything in the pop-up except for the serial number.

Message 5 of 5 (668 Views)