Re: Sims 3 Help Please

by CoffeeBaesh

Original Post

Sims 3 Help Please

★★ Novice

For some reason Origin asked me yesterday to download Sims 3. It should not have had to be downloaded since it's been in my computer for years. It's been in my Origin for years. This isn't the first time this has happened and honestly, it's frustrating.

I now have to go through and see if all my expansion packs are installed since some were purchased on Origin and some were purchased in stores. 

Can anyone tell my why it's done this? 

Message 1 of 7 (345 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@CoffeeBaesh 

Do you have a screenshot of this?

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

Message 2 of 7 (333 Views)

★★ Novice
No, I don't. I just finished reinstalling all the store bought ones about an hour ago. I didn't think I'd need a screenshot.
Message 3 of 7 (327 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@CoffeeBaesh 

Is your problem still persist?

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

Message 4 of 7 (314 Views)

★★ Novice
.... What? Did I not explain my issue clearly?
Message 5 of 7 (304 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CoffeeBaesh  I'm guessing the game's program files didn't just disappear on you all of a sudden.  (You can always check by opening Program Files (x86)\Origin Games, right-clicking on the Sims 3 folder, and selecting Properties; the size is probably the same as it ever was.)  I don't know why this happens either, although I've read the occasional complaint about it.  Of course, if your game is getting deleted in its entirety, that's a more serious problem, but it doesn't sound like this is the case.

In the future, you can always try repairing the game in Origin.  (Right-click on the TS3 icon in your game library to see the option.)  This doesn't actually change TS3's program files, it just repairs the connection between the game and Origin.  And it should take much less time than reinstalling everything.

The next time it happens, it would be great if you could grab a screenshot of the message.  And if you happened to remember recently updating Windows or any other apps, especially an antivirus or firewall, that would also be useful information.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 7 (279 Views)

★★ Novice
There wasn't a message. I just logged into Origin and playing Sims 3 wasn't an option. When I hovered the mouse over Sims 3, it said "Download". It should not have said that.

If it happens again, I'll get a screenshot, though. Thanks for the help.
Message 7 of 7 (249 Views)