Re: Sims 2

by chasez71

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, is there any way to get Sims 2? It doesn't seem to appear in the Origin store at all.

Message 1 of 10 (1,005 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @MzSquishy

Sims 2's been out of Origin's store for some time. I remember they gave it for free with all the expansions like 3 years ago in the store. I don't know if they are going to do that again in the future, but I'm afraid that currently is impossible to get them in the store.

Groguet.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,096 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @MzSquishy

Sims 2's been out of Origin's store for some time. I remember they gave it for free with all the expansions like 3 years ago in the store. I don't know if they are going to do that again in the future, but I'm afraid that currently is impossible to get them in the store.

Groguet.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,097 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thank you very much for your response. I feared that was the case.
Message 3 of 10 (987 Views)

You can still buy from Amazon some second hand copies, though it will probably cost you quite a bit.

We all hope here that the old Sims games will be brought back in the store.  

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 10 (974 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ivrognard @MzSquishy @EA_Groguet

It's a request we've often received to bring the Sims 2 back.

As mentioned here, we gave it away for free some years ago because we stopped selling and supporting it. It was definitely very popular, but at this point I'm not sure if we will be doing something like that again.

Cheers,

Message 5 of 10 (967 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @ivrognard

But if you buy second hand copies... wouldn't be the code already used?

Groguet.png
Message 6 of 10 (958 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EA_Groguet That is a possibility, true. Amazon Prime offers a much better protection against fraud, so if your account is Amazon Prime, you can buy it without worries. Also any product sold directly by Amazon is highly unlikely to present such problems.Usually Amazon will mention clearly if the copy is sold directly by them or by a third party through Amazon, if the copy is new or used and so on. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 7 of 10 (955 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Tom. Yes I realize it's 2020, but the plandemic has caused many of us to become prisoners in our homes and we'd, some of us, like to revisit  things that don't involve watching the television. I was busy with real life during the window that it was given away free. Okay, no problem, then put it back up for a price. I know you still have them somewhere, Tom. Unless you're like NASA and like to lose important things. Listen, lets make a deal Tom....what would it take for you to upload those games for us again? See what you can do. You never know when you might get a YES from upstairs! So yeah, work it out, I know you can. 

Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much, T-bird! 

Message 8 of 10 (527 Views)

★ Novice

Please help us figure out why Sims 2 has been removed from our libraries?!?!?!? 

Message 9 of 10 (371 Views)

Community Manager

Going to lock this thread @x0neverletgo as it is quite old.

If having issues please create a new thread with as much info as possible.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (355 Views)