Re: Simcity 3000 remaster for Windows 10

by Win32KernelFile

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Simcity 3000 remaster for Windows 10

★ Guide

Are you people finally thinking making this gem for Windows 10 computers? Simcity 4 is on Steam, that is great and many people still play that awesome piece a gem even today, but what about Simcity 3000 with all that AWESOME in game soundtracks? Can you hire back Jerry Martin soundtrack guy or just simply import original ones to possible remaster?

Simcity 3000 was great because it was literal perfection between simcity 2000 and simcity 4, it was so good with almost everything,

Please think about this EA exec, you want my dollars? Then remaster simcity 3000 with unlimited expansion pack for modern computers. I cannot even find a physical copy for this game in my region, it is completely gone from everywhere.

Remaster it and release on Steam WITHOUT $89 for a 20 years old game by the way, I can see you got greedy again for older need for speed games. Use Steam pricing,

Message 1 of 10 (1,000 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Win32KernelFile there can be a multitude of reasons why a game is no longer available.

Simcity 3000 is still available to purchase and play from a number of places: https://www.gog.com/game/simcity_3000

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (914 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Win32KernelFile I am not aware of any plans for the game to be brought back.

I'd love to see all the older games get a modern sheen and be playable with ease on modern platforms.

I still revisit SimCity 3000 from time to time and it really holds up. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (981 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Darko Thanks for reply but that is the issue though, simcity 3000 literally nowhere to be found, it's almost like unknown force wiped out everything about this game. Sure I can find on Amazon then again god knows what will come with shady shipping, and no guarantee work on my win10 computer.

so how did you revisit the game? Do you still have the CDs? If yes, how do you access it? In a VM or do you have some Windows XP computer laying around?

Is there any official email address that I can send to ask if made for sale on Steam? Simcity 4 already on Steam, so why not Simcity 3000?
Message 3 of 10 (918 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Win32KernelFile there can be a multitude of reasons why a game is no longer available.

Simcity 3000 is still available to purchase and play from a number of places: https://www.gog.com/game/simcity_3000

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 10 (915 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@EA_Darko That is the problem dude, I have to create a gog account,enter my billing info,enable two step protection,adjust store pages and then finally be able to buy the game, I literally have like 50+ accounts already everywhere. Most of the time I do not even remember my info so I had to write it down like in 2000s.

Plus my all games on Steam, why should I have a 2nd library to worry about?

gog product codes can work on Steam by any chance? At least if I buy there then I can at least enter my product key to my Steam. Steam provides cd keys to few older games like this on its platform, do gog doing the same?
Message 5 of 10 (910 Views)

Community Manager

You will need to direct any questions as to how GOG works to GOG support @Win32KernelFile.

You asked was SimCity 3000 available to play, it is. 

There are no plans to add it anywhere else that I can share so if you wish to revisit the game GOG is your best bet.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 10 (908 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Darko That is not a solution, having few places available to sell older games does not justify the publisher decision. This is all about decisions made by ea people, people on top, where is the money, top line always there. Meanwhile it is us who actually were loyal to EA back in the day we are ones the get screwed each time. Only because FIFA or stupid mobile game makes more dollars.

In fact, I found this without a buy button,
https://www.ea.com/games/simcity/simcity-3000?isLocalized=true
Message 7 of 10 (905 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Darko Anyways good day to you
Message 8 of 10 (900 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Win32KernelFile I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.

If you wish to revisit SimCity 3000 you can get it from GOG.

The site you are looking at is the EA site, not the EA store which can be found here: https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/

You can also purchase an older copy of the game from retailers who still stock it.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 10 (898 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The game may no longer be available!

Message 10 of 10 (879 Views)