Re: Silver 2 -vs- Platinum 1 Ranked, Working as intended?

by MrTriki

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Silver 2 -vs- Platinum 1 Ranked, Working as intended?

I'm silver 2, other squad mates are silver 2 and 3... Why are we pitted against Platinum 1 ( full predator squad, 20 kill badge, 4k on one)?

I mean come on. Silver 2 against Platinum anything seems broken...extremely broken.

Are the numbers that low? Where you have to put below average players against top tier players in ranked?

Message 1 of 13 (693 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion
@Pure_Funk_Nugget New reset. 1st match you end up against the rank you finished in. Then it resets you. It has done this for me every season I can remember.

View in thread

Message 3 of 13 (652 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

same here Bronze 4-3-2 squad getting VS Gold 2, the matchmaking is broken... i just started the game am bronze and a noob vs diamond and 1k+ kills players,

this game is amazing for fresh players /sarcasm 

Message 2 of 13 (659 Views)

Champion
@Pure_Funk_Nugget New reset. 1st match you end up against the rank you finished in. Then it resets you. It has done this for me every season I can remember.
Message 3 of 13 (653 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Pure_Funk_NuggetIt's a bug the DEVS ARE TOO LAZY TO FIX. The first match places you in the rank you were in last split, so after that it will be normal. This bug has been around for ALMOST 2 YEARS

BUT BUT BUT

Now let's look at it from a solo player perspective. Since your teammates are random, most people affected by this bug will end up on your team. Say you are Platinum(demoted from Master/Pred or Diamond II plus), you will keep getting silver/bronze playing their first game on your team for the first week at least. Same goes for enemies, predator lobbies full of bronze/silver/gold to farm.

Apex Legends Screenshot 2021.06.16 - 00.59.54.02.png

Shows Diamond above(last split) and reset rank Gold II below. 

Message 4 of 13 (638 Views)

Champion
@BaldWraithSimp One time I was solo and got two diamond teammates in a plat lobby. That was a fun roll of the lobby.
Message 5 of 13 (630 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Oh yeah, I remember S2 Ranked, got carried by two diamonds steamrolling everyone. Thank god, Diamonds are no longer in Plat lobbies.
Message 6 of 13 (625 Views)

[ Edited ]

I thought that Respawn said they were changing the MM up some to avoid mixing ranks as much?  I mean, something besides diamonds not MM with lower ranks.

Message 7 of 13 (603 Views)

Champion
@pandareno1999 They did but the first game of a split the system gets confused.
Message 8 of 13 (586 Views)

But this post was made yesterday.  Split II didn't happen for me until today.  I'm confuzzled.

Message 9 of 13 (581 Views)

Champion
@pandareno1999 It says yesterday because they are ahead but earlier it said 2 hours ago which was after the split.
Message 10 of 13 (579 Views)